how to develop best gaming app Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
sarahvag

how to develop best gaming app

27 Nov 2018, 07:30

what are the key roles to make best gaming app ? what kind of specialty you need to develop and app ?
Gio

Re: how to develop best gaming app

27 Nov 2018, 10:38

Hello Sarahvag.

Welcome to the AutoHotkey community forums.
what are the key roles to make best gaming app ?
Roles vary between individual projects, but big (best) projects usually have a team composed of at least programmers, artists, managers, marketing and etc.

Games require programming in order to implement physics, animation, rendering, optimizing, etc,
They also require artists that can work on sprites, textures, animations and sound effects/music.
The gaming team also requires management as a good game is usually a long term and perhaps costly project that has to be carefuly controled.
Also, during development and specially nearing the release date you will need marketing to create the hype and make people know about and desire your game.

Other roles may also come into play as the list above is not exhaustive.

That being said, small projects and specially projects that rely almost exclusively on existing assets (texture, sound effects, etc that you can sometimes download for free) can even be done by a one man team, although it is unlikely that such a game will be a hit (and don't forget the game industry is mostly hit-based).
what kind of specialty you need to develop and app ?
Specialty is even more varied than the roles themselves. A good programmer may not be a good artist (or even not be an artist at all) and the oposite can also be truth. A good pixel artist may not be a good texture or sound effect maker. Also, don't forget that there are numerous engines (softwares that aid game development) out there and they can help you a lot in many different ways. Engines can make the task of programming a game much more simple and they can also give an artist the best tools to do his job (afterall, you cannot paint a texture in cloth canvas, you need to it in a software and if possible, in a software that is completely optimized to better adapt your art straight into a game object, in example).

If you are interested in game development, i suggest you take a begginers course first, and they will probably introduce you to existing engines and the basic aspects of game development you need to know.
sarahvag

28 Nov 2018, 06:00

thanks ( what do you mean by engine) im newbie at this i have many friends who are going to app development field but i thinks its really hard its only my opinion only cant i get a tip to develop an app ? or any software who can develop for me with out any coding.(is there any software yet ) ? and many companies have there own app development to rely on but im quires that how much time is it takes to develop an gaming app ?
Last edited by gregster on 08 May 2020, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam links removed
sarahvag

28 Nov 2018, 06:02

yes i know its not that simple and this is the real future
Gio

Re: how to develop best gaming app  Topic is solved

28 Nov 2018, 09:30

what do you mean by engine
Game development is a specific branch of software development. Games may vary in many ways, but mostly all of them share some basic aspects. Thus, specific sets of tools were created to aid in the development of games. Engines are how we call sets of softwares that have been designed to aid in the development of games. They do so by creating an environment (set of development tools) in which the efforts of the developers are better directed. One example: you can create sprites for a game in MSPaint, however, the tool obviously lacks specific functionality that could aid you in this task. One such example is Onion Skinning. By allowing you to see a shadow of the previous frame in the back of the current sprite (the previous sprite you have drawn which belongs to the same animation) this functionality will aid you in adjusting the pixels of the current sprite to create an even more fluid ilusion of movement for your entire animation.

Another example of how a gaming engine helps you out: when dealing with rendering APIs such as OpenGL, you will have to write tons of code in order to correctly configure aspecs such as lighting and shadows, viewing angle, etc, etc. A gaming engine, however, has most of these taken care of, meaning you will only have to change what you have to change instead of writing everything from scratch. Also, you will have nicely implemented interfaces to visualize the current rendering and decide what needs to be changed.
or any software who can develop for me with out any coding.(is there any software yet ) ?
There may be software that allow you to create games on a graphical interface level only, but you will be severely limitated if you don't know how to dwelve into the code and adjust what you want to adjust yourself.
gregster

28 Nov 2018, 11:21

Gio, are you sure that our new user sarahvag is really interested in developping apps (aside from the fact that this seems to be wrong subforum for this kind of general question) or rather in promoting links to this branex-website? :think:
sarahvag

29 Nov 2018, 05:36

Thanks Gio :)
sarahvag

29 Nov 2018, 05:39

gregster wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 11:21
Gio, are you sure that our new user sarahvag is really interested in developping apps (aside from the fact that this seems to be wrong sub forum for this kind of general question) or rather in promoting links to this branex-website? :think:
lol no its not promoting links. it has a blog link as well its explains alot. Btw thanks replying me.
gregster

04 Dec 2018, 02:16

sarahvag wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 05:39
lol no its not promoting links. it has a blog link as well its explains alot. Btw thanks replying me.
Well, no, it's definitely fishy... I had never heard of the site you are promoting (also in your signature), but yet we had already the next account which promoted "branex" links (already deleted)... we'll see if you turn out as a valuable member of the forum 8-)

(I personally wouldn't allow such obviously commercial links with names like "make money online" in forum signatures and I would recommend to remove it - if you don't have any connection to the site, nothing is lost.)
Arkan

22 Feb 2019, 03:53

I advise you to get acquainted with the top application developers website awards. For what? You will find out what game developers are in demand at the moment, who is the leader of the top. And choose your site where you will find information for game development.
Last edited by Arkan on 24 Feb 2019, 04:55, edited 2 times in total.
gregster

22 Feb 2019, 04:15

This whole thread still seems wildly offtopic for the Ask for Help>Gaming subforum.

If you want to contribute to this AutoHotkey forum, please feel free to do so, but please don't post any more links that have no relation to AHK. There is also the Offtopic forum available for questions like the one in the original post (if they are meant seriously).

Edit: Topic locked as it seems to mainly serve as a spam honeypot.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”