Feature Request: Incorporate DebugVars for better variable inspection of object variables

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
Alguimist

Re: Feature Request: Incorporate DebugVars for better variable inspection of object variables

30 Jan 2019, 21:52

AutoGUI already has this feature. The toolbar button to the "Inspect Variables" window becomes visible once debug mode is started.

joedf

Re: Feature Request: Incorporate DebugVars for better variable inspection of object variables

31 Jan 2019, 19:17

fancy! :+1:
btw, where do you get all these icons?
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Alguimist

11 Feb 2019, 08:14

joedf wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 19:17
btw, where do you get all these icons?
The cubes come from an old version of the CKEditor documentation. The equal sign comes from a screenshot of a program called TSW WebCoder.
joedf

11 Feb 2019, 16:09

Very nice! I really like all your clean and streamlined UI designs. :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
kczx3

21 Mar 2019, 19:38

I’ll be honest... you really need to incorporate DebugVars instead or make tweaks to your implementation. Listing out object members all on the same line is hard to read. And it also is capped at displaying a limited number of object members.
Alguimist

18 Apr 2019, 16:08

kczx3 wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 19:38
I’ll be honest... you really need to incorporate DebugVars instead or make tweaks to your implementation. Listing out object members all on the same line is hard to read. And it also is capped at displaying a limited number of object members.
I'm considering to incorporate a modified version of DebugVars in the AHK v2 version of AutoGUI, which I had not started yet. Object members are displayed in the variables list of the debugger of AutoGUI in a flat, single line, which facilitates the search mecanism. Is readability compromised? Compare RegEdit with the "about:config" of FireFox. A TreeList provides a more organized view of the data, while a flat list is more appropriate for search. As for not displaying all object members, some of them are omitted by default. Enable "Show Reserved Class Members" to see them.

Return to “Old Topics”