SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.06.01 [Updated October 12 2014]

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
Joe Glines

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.06 [Updated August 18 2014]

16 Sep 2014, 07:38

Thanks everyone for working on this! This is really going to help me develop code / play with my scripts! I know I saw work done by lexicos, and fincs in addition to the code joedf provided.

I made updates the following updates to my SciTEUser.properties file.

The following line is from my section on the context menu (user.context.menu=\) so I can just right-click and run selected text

Code: Select all

Run Selection|1145|\
The following lines go somewhere below the above code (still in SciTEUser.properties). The very last line is where I configured it to run off of Control+r

#  1145  Run selected ahk code by clicking Control and r 
command.name.45.$(file.patterns.ahk)=Run selected
command.mode.45.$(file.patterns.ahk=subsystem:0,savebefore:no
command.45.$(file.patterns.ahk)="B:\Progs\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey.exe" "B:\Progs\_Install_Files\Scite_Install\SciTE_Custom\SelectRun.ahk"
command.input.45.$(file.patterns.ahk)=$(CurrentSelection)
command.shortcut.45.$(file.patterns.ahk)=Ctrl+r
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
joedf

16 Sep 2014, 14:49

Hmm, my paths may be different :P
nice fork ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Dougal

16 Sep 2014, 17:16

joedf wrote:Alright, here you go, Joetazz
Just took a 5min to create "SelectRun.ahk" for ya ;)

With a toolbar icon, and respects the set platform in scite. Even Im using it right now! :D
SelectRun.7z
Thanks Joe, I think this will be very handy, but didn't work for me. From the readme,
ADD THIS LINE TO "..\Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTEUserToolbar.properties"
but all my user properties are in Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTE not Documents\AutoHotkey, and I have UserToolbar.properties not SciTEUserToolbar.properties. I expect SciTEUserToolbar.properties is in the SciTE programfiles folder, but fincs exhorts us not to modify those files.

I added the
=SelectRun: Run Live Code - Selected|%USERDIR%\Plugins\SelectRun.ahk||%USERDIR%\Plugins\Icons\play-white.ico,0
to my UserToolbar.properties, but it didn't work (after restart).

My install is vanilla SciTE4AHK 3.0.06, I haven't moved or changed install paths at all.

Edit: My boo boo, I failed to copy the files to the Pulgins\Icon folder somehow, the button was there just without the icon. Copied the icon files and now working, thanks.
Dougal

16 Sep 2014, 17:33

joedf wrote:Alright, here you go, Joetazz
Just took a 5min to create "SelectRun.ahk" for ya ;)
Any chance of taking another 5 min to make it work with the SciTE4AHK debugger? :D
Joe Glines

16 Sep 2014, 18:27

When I first copied over the files, the icon didn't show up (even after restarting). Then it suddenly appeared even though I swear I didn't tweak anything.

I'm loving this new functionality. It makes it much easier to baby-step through code w/o having to comment out sections or create subroutines just so I can enable/disable sections at a time.

AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
joedf

17 Sep 2014, 01:28

I have plenty more cool plugins and key binds all setup.
I'll work on getting a "debugger" version for SelectRun.ahk .... Maybe I should start a repo...
fincs does have support for "extensions" aka plugins... But I failed to make it work.. So I'm currently wrapping my plugins In a neat fashion using AutoRun.ahk provided with SciTE.. I'll try to make them all into "extensions" later today, so that should resolve the setting-up issues...

Anyway, ill report any progress I have, here.
Regards, ;)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Dougal

17 Sep 2014, 18:43

joedf wrote:I have plenty more cool plugins and key binds all setup.
I'll work on getting a "debugger" version for SelectRun.ahk .... Maybe I should start a repo...
fincs does have support for "extensions" aka plugins... But I failed to make it work.. So I'm currently wrapping my plugins In a neat fashion using AutoRun.ahk provided with SciTE.. I'll try to make them all into "extensions" later today, so that should resolve the setting-up issues...
Anyway, ill report any progress I have, here.
Regards, ;)
Thank you very much. :clap: Now if I could just get parameters working in the debugger ... :(
TLM

18 Sep 2014, 07:25

fincs wrote:
lexikos wrote:
fincs wrote:(lexikos: add AutoHotkey.exe /RunStdIn hint hint)
Do it yourself hint hint. :angel:
You lazy boy :angel:
https://github.com/Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L/pull/31
:trollface: lmao :trollface:
6Zptf

18 Sep 2014, 08:22

:idea:
Last edited by 6Zptf on 26 Apr 2018, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Glines

18 Sep 2014, 08:30

Post by aciinottx » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:22 am Hey fincs, extension manager is incredible. I've been making little tools for scite4ahk for years and they were always a big mess, especially across updates... now I can wrap stuff up in a neat package. Thumbs up!
@aciinottx - would you mind sharing some examples? Even if they are only relevant to you, it will give me an idea of what I could be doing...
thanks!

YouTube

joedf

18 Sep 2014, 13:37

I haven't started the extension versions of my plugins.. But examples would sure be nice. I think I have an idea how tho..
joedf

19 Sep 2014, 05:16

Alright, just did a fresh install in a Virtual Machine to test the plugins integration in scite. I didnt make an extension version :/

Joe DF's Plugins for SciTE4AutoHotkey  
==============================================

Features:  

Plugins:  
- Ahk_Now.ahk : Dialog popup to run live ahk code  
- AutoExit_Plugins.ahk : Auto-stop plugins when closing editor  
- KeyBinds.ahk : See Key Binds  
- SelectRun.ahk : Allows running Selected/Highlighted AHK Code in SciTE4AHK seamlessly.  
- Toggle.ahk : Core script for many things  

Key Binds:  
- Shift & Esc : Toggle Show/Hide Output  
- Ctrl & K : Runs SelectRun  
- RButton & WheelUp : Goto Next Tab  
- RButton & WheelDown : Goto Previous Tab  
- WheelUp (over Tab-bar) : Goto Next Tab  
- WheelDown (over Tab-bar) : Goto Previous Tab  

Toolbar buttons:  
- Toggle all folds  
- Toggle Show/Hide Output  
- Quick Run  
- Stop/Kill running process  
- Regex Find and Replace  
- Insert Current Time&Date  
- Run live AHK code  
- SelectRun  
Instructions and download :
joedf-plugins.zip
(10.05 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Joe Glines

19 Sep 2014, 06:18

awesome! I'm looking forward to playing with this and having some new tricks up my sleeve!
thank you for sharing!

YouTube

Joe Glines

19 Sep 2014, 16:53

I finally got some time to install and play. Cool stuff! That would have taken a lot for me to figure out on my own so I really appreciate your examples!

:D

YouTube

6Zptf

06 Oct 2014, 13:49

Joetazz:
- would you mind sharing some examples? Even if they are only relevant to you, it will give me an idea of what I could be doing...
thanks!
I am currently working on an entire suite of Scite4Ahk extensions which will include tools, modifications, etc. that I use extensively and think will be useful to the average user. When I am satisfied with the initial features and stability of the extensions I will post it to the forum, and post a link here.
Last edited by 6Zptf on 26 Apr 2018, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
6Zptf

06 Oct 2014, 14:39

Fix: caret becomes invisible while using arrow keys or code folding. I will share this Scite property and its extension which provides a fix for an issue that's been driving me nuts involving the caret becoming invisible. It's been going on since I updated to a recent release of Scite4Ahk, although it is caused by Scintilla itself. The bug (I think?) occurs on my system while moving the caret with the arrow keys or toggling code folding, and probably other actions. Add this to your SciTEUser.properties file, or install this equivalent extension:

# Fix issue with caret going invisible when using arrow keys, code folding,
# and doing other various activities.
# From http://www.scintilla.org/scitedoc.html re. 'technology' property:
#    > On Windows Vista or newer, this can be set to 1 or 2 to use the Direct2D
#    > and DirectWrite APIs for higher quality antialiased drawing or 0 to use
#    > the older GDI. The default is 1. The value 2 causes the frame to be
#    > retained after presentation which may prevent drawing failures on some
#    > cards and drivers.
technology=0
# Note this appears to cause unexpected behaviour when writing control chars.
I do wonder how people feel about making extensions for very simple modifications such as this Scite property. I think it suits me best to make an extension for every little thing, as this will simplify moving these modifications over to a new version or another computer. This instead of tracking different properties files, icons, separate project directories etc.

Keywords: invisible caret can't see caret caret disappears using arrow keys code folding Scite4AutoHotkey caret cursor
joedf

06 Oct 2014, 18:51

interesting :0
fincs

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.06.01 [Updated October 12 2014]

12 Oct 2014, 15:39

SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.06.01

Changes and new features:
Upgraded to SciTE/Scintilla 3.5.1.

AutoHotkey v1.1.16 syntax definition updates.

AutoHotkey v2.0-a056 syntax definition updates.

Added 'Run selection' context menu command (requires AutoHotkey v1.1.17)
Bug-fixes:
AutoHotkey v2 syntax highlighting: BIFs in command syntax (broken by v3.0.06)
(Note: AutoHotkey v1.1.17 isn't released yet. In the mean time, use lexikos' Test Build in order to use 'Run selection'.)
fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”