Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
list

Re: Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

17 Nov 2018, 15:38

OK I understand now, the ShortcutCopy, ShortcutPaste, ShortcutCut settings are used BY Lintalist to copy, paste, cut actions IN the program and in the plugins.

So the way it works is: say you have selected some text, start a Lintalist search (or press the hotkey you assigned to a snippet) Lintalist will use the "ShortcutCopy" hotkey - by default ^c to copy the selected text to the clipboard. If you use [[selected]] or [[clipboard]] in your snippet that selected (and copied) text will be used in the snippet, for example

selected text -> Lintalist search, html bundle, bold snippet, becomes -> <b>selected text</b>.

But some may prefer to use the scancode ^{vk43} - and I recently added AltPaste.ini to allow Copy/Cut/Paste to be defined for different programs - see https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/ ... ltPaste.md - I made ShortcutCopy, ShortcutPaste, ShortcutCut a setting which could also be changed globally. AltPaste allows you to use say ^l to be used to paste an image as a new layer in a graphics program (which I do), or +{Ins} to be used in console applications (putty for example).

Long story short: the "Enter" related hotkeys while the Lintalist Search Gui is active can not be changed via the settings and I don't think I will add support for it - pressing Enter to confirm a choice seems so logical. (to me anyway).

If you always want to COPY and not PASTE your snippets, you can change that behaviour already via the PasteMethod=2 setting. That way you can just press Enter which is probably more comfortable compared to ^c ?
If you just want it for specific snippets you can use the PasteMethod plugin method.

If you really want to add ^c to copy just add it above line https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/ ... .ahk#L1520 for the time being and see how that goes, perhaps I'll add it myself in a future update but I doubt I'd use it as pressing Enter would be easier for me.

I hope this helps :lol:
boiler

Re: Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

29 Jan 2019, 16:34

You stated that Lintalist is not meant to be compiled. Will it actually not work and/or cause problems if it were compiled?

The reason I ask is there are some programs that do not allow AHK scripts to be running, and it's a pain to shut down any AHK scripts I typically have running (including Lintalist) and have to restart them after I'm finished with the other program. If it were compiled, then it would not be flagged by the other program as an AHK script because the process name would not include "AutoHotkey". I didn't want to just try compiling it without asking in case running it in that state would mess something up.
list

29 Jan 2019, 17:08

I've never compiled it and just never took into account for it to be compiled and somethings probably won't work, for example snippets with scripts - it "Runs %A_AhkPath% path\to\tempscript.ahk" which may/may not work - perhaps some global/general hotkeys won't work (not sure, would have to check the code). But you're welcome to try a compile it.

Does the other program really look at "autohotkey.exe" In the download ahk is included as lintalist.exe does that work? (If so that other program is pretty daft)

Perhaps write a script that stores all running scripts and closes them. It then launches a batch file - the batch file launches your program and waits for it to close, then the batch files start the scripts again - https://stackoverflow.com/a/8197920 - just a thought.
boiler

30 Jan 2019, 00:34

I'm not using it to run script snippets, so I guess I could still use it if that's the only time it creates and runs un-compiled .ahk file (which would cause a process with an AutoHotkey name to appear, even if temporarily). I actually don't need to use it at all while I'm running the other program. I was mainly looking to avoid having to shut it down and restart it before and after I use the other program. I might try compiling it and see how it goes.

Yes, the other program does actually look for autohotkey.exe, and it will kick me off when it discovers it.

I did think about writing a quick script that does what you mentioned -- shut things down and restore them before and after using the other program. That may end up being easiest and best. I'm probably going to write a script to set up the various things I run together with that program anyway, so it would just be a few more lines added to that.

Thanks for your insight and again for the very useful program.
list

24 Feb 2019, 04:47

v1.9.8 - new FileList plugin, Choice search, Statistics, improved TitleCase, bug fixes ...
  • New: [[FileList]] plugin returns list of file names from folder - see DOC for all available options
  • New: [[Choice]] Search (filter as you type) option for Choice by adding ! similar to ? Question help/text;Allow user to resize Choice GUI; Use FontSize for Choice GUI (in the listbox) incl. Auto Center checkbox
  • New: Editor save size and position (resize by dragging window border)
  • New: Optional Statistics (see Configuration) https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/112
  • Fixed: ClipSet("s") call in Lintalist and Seleted, Split* plugins - https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/116
  • Update: ClipSet() now also use ShortcutCopy, ShortcutPaste, ShortcutCut settings.
  • Update: Title case for selected/clipboard plugins now uses TitleCase() for more flexibility https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/113 also available as separate function (for AHK) https://github.com/lintalist/TitleCase
  • Change: LCID values for Calendar and DateTime can now be Hexidecimal values as well (L1036 and L0x040C = French)
  • bug fixes, doc update etc...
https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases

(Do let me know if you have any problems with the updated/new Choice/FileList plugins)
robodesign

24 Feb 2019, 08:05

Does it have support for abugida and abjad scripts? (devanagari, Arabic and so on)....

Thank you.
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.
list

24 Feb 2019, 08:35

It should - searching, shorthand and pasting the snippet work fine*. You can just unpack lintalist.zip to a folder, start it, press Capslock (the default key which you can change) - add a new snippet and add some text and a shorthand to try it.

* there are two "edit" modes in Lintalist, by default it uses the standard edit control which should work fine. If you would activate (configuration) the syntax highlighting in the editor it might fail due to "rich format" control it uses ( https://github.com/G33kDude/RichCode.ahk )
robodesign

24 Feb 2019, 16:41

Okay, thanks for the reply.

I'll do some testing...

Best regards
My home page.
robodesign

01 Mar 2019, 16:08

Hello!

I tested the script/app.

I begin by saying: it is indeed a marvelous script and ten years of work [if I understood correctly] ... really show. It is great... and it seems nice to use.

However, there are a few shortcomings:
1. It does not work with Windows 10 applications ... at all . Shorthands, nor snippet insertion.

2. I looked through the code and it does not seem to have any explicit support for abugida scripts [Devanagari, Bengali and so on]... So, every part of its functionality that relies on knowing how many characters are in a string, will be mismatched.

3. The UI is set to -DPIscale as far as I can see , so all fonts are utterly small.

That is all... Keep it going and good luck .

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.
list

01 Mar 2019, 16:54

Thanks for the feedback, but just to be clear:

1. I've been using it on Windows 7, 8 and 10 and it works fine. It needs to run as Administrator to interact with programs that are run as Admin, but otherwise trust me it works :-) (Unless you mean Apps installed from the Window Store which I don't use and which may run "differently" - but I won't test that, sorry)

2. I don't know what you mean or how to test what you expect it should do, but if I copy some Bengali text from Wikipedia (বাংলা) into a snippet it pastes back fine. When I remap a key to a "character" and type that as shortcut/shorthand -> the snippet is pasted. Now I don't know to actually type with such keyboard language layouts so I may be missing something, but surely a hotkey would work, especially if you use AutoHotkey notation (it uses the Hotkey command so pretty sure that should work)

3. I don't use -DPIscale in the Guis, so AutoHotkey will use DPIScal as it is enable by default and it is DPI aware as such. The defaults might be too small but: 3a) you can use BigIcons that will show 32x32 icons in the button bar, and 3b) you can set the Font type and Font size for the listview (see Configuration) so if you want a 36pt text, go ahead :-)

Hope it helps and thanks for trying it out :)

Edit: for 1) and it "not working" it may be its too "quick" or "slow" - there is a PasteDelay setting which you can play around with, this in combination with SendMode might help.
robodesign

01 Mar 2019, 17:39

Hello!

Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes, windows store applications. Those process input incredibly slowly. Microsoft did an "impeccable" job with them. (sarcasm)

2. Yes, pasting of any kind of text works, I didn't get to dig too much, but.... I've read something about caret positioning and stuff, in the documentation. There's where you ought to be careful. A group/cluster of characters form a single visual glyph. Which obviously can yield unwanted results because the text / string length is higher than what it really is.

3. Good to know that you did not deactivate DPI scaling..... And yes, I can barely see stuff on screen. Your script stood out with its small fonts. I thought you should know that :-).

Again, it's a really finely executed project, and commendable.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.
list

01 Mar 2019, 18:00

OK I understand better now, thanks. I don't think I'll ever use Window Store apps, at least not if I can help it.
I'll make some notes in the Docs about Store Apps and "glyphs" for the Caret plugin, but I'm assuming people using these languages are more aware of such matters in general.
robodesign

01 Mar 2019, 18:54

I don't know, probably....

I think it's very easy to fix the support for the store applications.
My home page.
list

02 Mar 2019, 10:41

v1.9.8.1 Minor update to prevent GUI errors for Editor, Choice plugins just to be sure

https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases/tag/v1.9.8.1
list

16 Mar 2019, 14:24

v1.9.8.2 Minor updated (Fix: Improve CheckLineFeed by using RegEx to catch all CR, LF, and CRLF) - so only useful if you use 'linefeed.ini' - see http://lintalist.github.io/#Configuration-Linefeed if you're not familiar with it yet.

https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases/tag/v1.9.8.2
list

26 May 2019, 06:35

v1.9.8.3 Minor update Font/Size editor; alternative notation Caret plugin; fix accidental removed ) from plugin content - https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases
list

29 Jun 2019, 03:08

v1.9.8.4 - Minor update: merge search string; external restart script; MaxRes & Statistics settings - https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases/
shipaddicted

22 Jul 2019, 14:57

I just started using this about a week ago, and so far, I love it!

If I could suggest one thing, it would be hotkeys to get to the different areas of the editor window. alternating between keyboard and mouse is a pet peeve of mine ... I either want to mouse it 100% or use the keyboard 100% when possible. ;)

Thank you for all your work on this!
list

22 Jul 2019, 15:50

Good idea and easy to add, try the attachment - just to be sure make a backup copy of plugins\editors.ahk and replace/overwrite it with the attached version - restart Lintalist and you now have alt-y, alt-o, alt-1, alt-2, and alt-t as Keyboard accelerators for those controls (I've omitted the "edit in editor" buttons)
Editor.zip
place in "iinclude\" and restart lintalist
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
shipaddicted

25 Jul 2019, 13:27

list wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 15:50
Good idea and easy to add, try the attachment - just to be sure make a backup copy of plugins\editors.ahk and replace/overwrite it with the attached version - restart Lintalist and you now have alt-y, alt-o, alt-1, alt-2, and alt-t as Keyboard accelerators for those controls (I've omitted the "edit in editor" buttons)

Editor.zip
Wow!! Thank you!! Downloaded & I'll be implementing this today!

I do have another question -- is there an easy way to capitalize just part of llpart1?

I have a really long email that I send out frequently and I need to enter the user's PC serial number in the email, which I do via the Input Plugin. But I have to manually hit capslock to cap everything as I enter it and I am really, really lazy. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get LL to automatically capitalize my input.
  • I have tried [[Input=U|enter text]]. Nope.
  • I have tried [[Input=enter text]]=Upper. Another nope.
  • I have tried creating a snippet just to capitalize the serial number and then calling that snippet from my email snippet. This doesn't work -- it only pastes the text just as I had entered it.
  • I tried splitting llpart1 in the Part 1 and sending only the first portion to the script area and then using StringUpper to capitalize it, but I got an "illegal character" error message. (I guess the = in the split syntax)
  • I have tried adding an AutoHotKey script to split the string for all of llpart1 and then using StringUpper on that part. This works, but I'm not sure if the string will always have the same number of words (I have other input values in the snippet as well).
Is there any way to do this easily without a super complicated script? I already feel like I'm making it more difficult than it is.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”