Can I install two versions of AHK?

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Evil-e

Can I install two versions of AHK?

22 Mar 2019, 09:27

Wanted to play "Death Rally" yesterday and it locks up. Took a while to figure it out AHK is the issue. It always worked just fine, but not
played it since I updated AHK from v.1.0.48.05 to 1.1.3.0 about 6 months back.

This is a MAJOR long-shot, but is it possible to have both versions installed on my machine? Maybe "point" this particular game to the earlier version, so the keymapping would work again?

Just thought I would ask, in case anyone else has had a similar issue :HeHe:

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)
Evil-e

Re: Can I install two versions of AHK?

25 Mar 2019, 14:57

UPDATE:

While my question of installing 2 different versions of AHK has not been answered / resolved, the issue with my game has :thumbsup:

I decided to create an AHK script with a Run command to do the launching of the games executable and the short-cut to that file.
it will now play fine with my AHK keymapping changes. On all my other games, including this one originally, I create a batch file to launch both the
games executable and the AHK.exe file together. Somehow launching these files together or via command line creates some sort of issue, that did not exist in AHK v.1.0.48.05.

I had tried changing the order in which they were launched in the batch file and various amounts of time between them with sleep command. For
whatever reason, using and AHK script to launch the games executable resolves the conflict.

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”