Launching 4 different browsers on second screen

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
littlenogom

Launching 4 different browsers on second screen

26 Mar 2019, 10:18

Hi all, I'm quite new to AHK but I have tried some things. Launching a browser, not a problem, launching a website on that browser, also not a problem. But my next step requires the following:

One button to launch 4 different browsers on my second screen, each outlined to one corner(top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right) so that they are spread over the second screen.

- I already have a first instance of these browsers up and running on my main screen, this would need to add another instance of those browsers to my second, not just open up a new tab on the already open instances.

I need 4 different browsers as I'm using VPN's which are built in to the browsers(extensions) to access the same site 4 times (little project of mine). Browsers I'm using: Opera, Chrome, Firefox and Explorer. Launching a new instance of those with one button isn't much of an issue. Problem is once I set them to "%URLtoRun%" Opera, Firefox and Chrome do not open a new window but open the URL in the window already open on my main screen.

I've looked into winwaitactive, wingetpos and winmove but didn't understand those so I would need some help there, how does this work? Left upper corner is 0,0 pixel but from there I'm quite lost.

What my command looks like currently:

Code: Select all

^T::
URLtoRun=www.facebook.com
Run, "C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Local\Programs\Opera\launcher.exe" "%URLtoRun%"
Run, "C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" "%URLtoRun%" 

Run, "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "%URLtoRun%"
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" "%URLtoRun%"
return
Thanks a bunch for reading this, if you have any insight/tips I would be very grateful!

Moderator Note: Added code tags. ~ sinkfaze

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”