How to put an indicator in the title bar of the compiler to know if it is 32-bit or 64-bit Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
JoeWinograd

How to put an indicator in the title bar of the compiler to know if it is 32-bit or 64-bit

03 May 2019, 15:58

When using the 32-bit and 64-bit compilers, they have identical dialogs — same exact title bar, same exact contents in the dialog box. I'd like to have an immediate visual indicator to know whether it's the 32-bit or 64-bit one, such as a different title bar — the icon and/or the text. Any thoughts on how to do this? Btw, I don't want to use a resource hacker on the EXE file. Thanks much, Joe
TAC109

Re: How to put an indicator in the title bar of the compiler to know if it is 32-bit or 64-bit  Topic is solved

03 May 2019, 22:22

There is only one Ahk2Exe 'compiler' and it is 32bit. All the compiler does basically is to combine a special version of the AHK interpreter with the source code to create the .exe. The version of AHK to be combined (default, 32bit Ansi, 32bit Unicode, or 64bit Unicode) is supplied in the 'base file' parameter of the GUI.
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe
JoeWinograd

Re: How to put an indicator in the title bar of the compiler to know if it is 32-bit or 64-bit

04 May 2019, 02:58

Hi TAC109,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand that. What I'm looking for is a visual way to know which .bin file that it will be using. Of course, it's always AutoHotkeySC.bin, but I'd like to know if that is Unicode 32-bit.bin or Unicode 64-bit.bin (or ANSI 32-bit.bin, although I never use that one).

Update: I'm embarrassed to say that I've always ignored the Base File drop-down and have used the (Default) setting, with AutoHotkeySC.bin set appropriately in different folders. It's a simple matter to use the one, standard Compiler folder and select the Base File drop-down to give me the visual indicator that I'm looking for. Thanks, TAC109, for pointing me in the right direction. Regards, Joe
TAC109

Re: How to put an indicator in the title bar of the compiler to know if it is 32-bit or 64-bit

04 May 2019, 04:56

You’re welcome!
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”