VMware horizon client not accepting inputs

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
TimParsifar

VMware horizon client not accepting inputs

07 Jun 2019, 03:55

Hi!

I´m a new user to ahk. I dont have any previous coding experience. Have been trying to write scripts to improve workflow for my wife.
The script works as intended when i tried in notepad. But..

The application it is intended for runs in VMware horizon client, which does not accept vitual inputs.
I have have tried with Send, SendInput, SendControl. But none of these seem to work. I have read through some older post which concluded this was not possible.
I have found that Windows 10 On-screen keyboard (OSK) inputs is accepted, but have not been able to send commands via this application.

Is it possible to send inputs via Windows OSK via script?
Possible workaround is to open OSK and use virtual mouse inputs to achive this, but also read in a post this is not possible?
Any other suggestions?

I´m running Win 10, VMware horizon client is running Win7 Enterprise. Unlikely that i can install anything on virtual desktop as it is gouvernment controlled.
Xtra

Re: VMware horizon client not accepting inputs

07 Jun 2019, 10:35

Try running your script as admin (elevated)
TimParsifar

Re: VMware horizon client not accepting inputs

08 Jun 2019, 17:08

Doesn´t work to run as administrator.
I have found that my logitech keyboard makro-inputs are accepted and im currently trying to combine simple keyboard macro with ahk via clipboard.

Any other suggestions?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”