gdip function list tool

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Hellbent

gdip function list tool

10 Feb 2019, 08:42

This is a simple tool that lists all the functions in the gdip lib.

Right click the gui to see all options.
Right click it again to shrink it back down to its smaller size.

Place the path a copy of your gdip lib at the top of the script to use "Clip Gdip File"

"Clip Prototype" puts the function call into your clipboard.
"Clip Function" puts the full function into your clipboard.
"Clip Gdip File" puts a copy of the gdip lib file into your clipboard.
"Clip Gdip Text" puts all the text from the gdip lib into your clipboard.

In expanded mode, use the combo box to narrow search (sorry I've never had a want to learn RegEx, so there is no RegEx).

Here is the link to the paste:

https://pastebin.com/raw/XBgr74d4

Expanded:

Test Screen Shot.png
Test Screen Shot.png (57.57 KiB) Viewed 4190 times

Collapsed:

Test Screen Shot.png
Test Screen Shot.png (20.47 KiB) Viewed 4190 times
Last edited by Hellbent on 15 Jun 2019, 01:44, edited 2 times in total.
Hellbent

Re: gdip function list tool

10 Feb 2019, 08:43

Fixed OP
Last edited by Hellbent on 15 Jun 2019, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
nnnik

10 Feb 2019, 16:20

Honestly we can't host that much data here - you should probably consider a solution like Github or similar to host your scripts :)
regardless this is a useful script :)
Recommends AHK Studio
ahkrpa

03 May 2019, 14:50

Hellbent,

This is very interesting. I am, however, unable to download it and get it to run. Perhaps because of the split. Did you work a way to submit the file in it's entirety and immediately operational?

Perhaps attach a zip file to this post???
Hellbent

13 Jun 2019, 19:01

ahkrpa wrote:
03 May 2019, 14:50
Hellbent,

This is very interesting. I am, however, unable to download it and get it to run. Perhaps because of the split. Did you work a way to submit the file in it's entirety and immediately operational?

Perhaps attach a zip file to this post???
Here is a paste of if.
https://pastebin.com/raw/XBgr74d4
DataLife

14 Jun 2019, 07:54

I appreciative the code actually being in the forum posts. There are soooo many posts with broken pastebin and other outside links. Especially on the old forum.
So if the code is part of the post then great, I am ready to download and play with it. If it is a broken link then I have some searching to do.
Check out my scripts. (MyIpChanger) (ClipBoard Manager) (SavePictureAs)
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.
nnnik

14 Jun 2019, 10:03

What about the broken code in the old forums?
What if we remove the ability to edit posts indefinitively?
If you want stuff to stay use GitHub.
Recommends AHK Studio
burque505

14 Jun 2019, 13:49

A lighter-weight alternative to setting up a repository on github is to use a gist. Fast, easy, and if you don't need to add any resources (i.e. you're just pasting code) works pretty well. See this old script I pasted somewhere on the forum but now uploaded as a gist, as an example only. Maybe I'll even start taking my own advice. :D
EDIT: Here's a short video on using gists.

Regards,
burque505
DataLife

14 Jun 2019, 17:55

nnnik wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 10:03
What about the broken code in the old forums?
What if we remove the ability to edit posts indefinitively?
If you want stuff to stay use GitHub.
I am not sure what you mean by "What about the broken code in the old forums". If the code is in a code box then I can get the code.
Why would you remove the ability to edit posts in-definitively, and what does that have to do with code being available long term? If you remove the ability to edit posts then we could not edit dead links to code in our posts?

Even GitHub accounts can disappear.
From https://help.github.com/en/articles/name-squatting-policy
Inactive accounts may be renamed or removed by GitHub staff at their discretion. Keep in mind that not all activity on GitHub is publicly visible. Staff will not remove or rename any active account.
The above statement does not only apply to name squatting. It applies to inactive accounts also.
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.
SOTE

14 Jun 2019, 22:21

Hellbent wrote:
Hellbent, I don't understand why you didn't edit your first post, and then put all the code there. Your 1st post is where people are most likely to look, and the 1st post is where many OPs make or show updates.

While I think you should strongly consider GitHub or Gist as has been recommended (by nnnik and burque505), I do think Pastebin is a quick and viable alternative until you are ready to take that step. The main advantage that I see with GitHub or Gist, is that you are producing a lot of scripts and videos, fans of yours will likely want to be able to see your scripts in one location. Like your YouTube channel, there can be one place they know they can see scripts that you have created.

You can also create a user account on Pastebin, so that people can find all of your posts under that account name. Like pastebin.com/u/Hellbent So that you can still get the advantage of having a centralized location where people can look for your scripts.
DataLife wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 07:54
I appreciative the code actually being in the forum posts. There are soooo many posts with broken pastebin and other outside links. Especially on the old forum.
So if the code is part of the post then great, I am ready to download and play with it. If it is a broken link then I have some searching to do.
I agree with DataLife about this point. So many AutoHotkey scripts were lost from the old forums because people posted them in some 3rd party location or website that disappeared. It was a disaster and shame. Much better to allow people to post the script on the forum, in addition to some other location.

With that stated, I do think that GitHub, Gist, and Pastebin are a bit more stable. With GitHub being owned by Microsoft, it's unlikely to suddenly disappear. Though that is not to say that a user account won't disappear or get hacked, so the data gets deleted or lost.
nnnik

14 Jun 2019, 22:23

The code (the really old code) in the previous forums used color BB tags. At some point these resulted in specifically colored Highlighting and instead displayed in the source directly.
Recommends AHK Studio
SOTE

15 Jun 2019, 02:01

Hellbent wrote:
sorry I've never had a want to learn RegEx, so there is no RegEx.
You are not the only one. I don't use RegEx, unless I can't think of any other way, which has rarely happened. It's just something I find fun to do. I noticed they are some others that code that way too.
Hellbent

15 Jun 2019, 02:31

SOTE wrote:

Hellbent, I don't understand why you didn't edit your first post, and then put all the code there. Your 1st post is where people are most likely to look, and the 1st post is where many OPs make or show updates.
It won't accept a post larger than 200000 chars (edited after the fact or not), so there was no way to fit it into the op. I have now edited the post and took out the code and replaced it with just the link to the pastebin post. I agree with Data Life and you about having the actual code in the post and not just a link to some other site. I personally don't even normally mess with a script unless it is in text form here on the site, and I definitely never download anything (that's just me though).
SOTE wrote:
Hellbent wrote:
While I think you should strongly consider GitHub or Gist as has been recommended (by nnnik and burque505), I do think Pastebin is a quick and viable alternative until you are ready to take that step. The main advantage that I see with GitHub or Gist, is that you are producing a lot of scripts and videos, fans of yours will likely want to be able to see your scripts in one location. Like your YouTube channel, there can be one place they know they can see scripts that you have created.

You can also create a user account on Pastebin, so that people can find all of your posts under that account name. Like pastebin.com/u/Hellbent So that you can still get the advantage of having a centralized location where people can look for your scripts.
I went to GitHub one time a long time ago and I didn't really care for what I saw. I don't know if it was just a one time thing from the user, but it was a real mess. seemed like there were a dozen files and I didn't have a clue what I was looking for to get the script.

I didn't know what a Git was so I looked it up and this is what I got.
noun INFORMAL•BRITISH
an unpleasant or contemptible person.
"that mean old git"
So a Hub for unpleasant or contemptible people. Sounds a lot like reddit or most other "social" sites.

I had a account for pastebin but I don't remember my password and can't be arsed to make a new account. The truth is that I grew up before the computer age that we are in, and I've never had a job where I needed to use a computer for more than a few mins a week. The main reason I even have a computer is to play games and watch tv/movies, so learning how to use all those other sites often feels too much like work to me, except without the pay (that's called slavery!). Heck, I only started using ctrl+c and ctrl+v about 3-4 years ago and I still never use ctrl+s lol.
nnnik

15 Jun 2019, 08:21

Git is a tool used by professional developers to manage versions between each other and by themselves.
Multiple people work starting with one version of the code. They then make a local copy - whenever they want to they can now check which changes they made in comparison to the version they started with and save these changes as one big change called a commit.
The commits can then be uploaded online and be applied to the version there. Multiple people can even work on the file sometimes when their commits don't interfere with one another.

Of course there is a lot more to it but that's the basics of the basics.
Recommends AHK Studio
DataLife

15 Jun 2019, 09:47

nnnik wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 22:23
The code (the really old code) in the previous forums used color BB tags. At some point these resulted in specifically colored Highlighting and instead displayed in the source directly.
Sorry Hellbent for Hi-Jacking your thread. The good thing is it keeps your script at the top of the Scripts and Functions page longer.

When I download someone else's code from the old forum I can fix code with color BB tags, I can not fix a broken link and I may or may not be able to find the original code another way. The solution if possible is to do both, an external link and post the code on the forum. I also use external links on one of my posted scripts because of the character count limit. Someday my external Source Forge link account will go inactive and Source Forge will delete my account. No one lives forever. My SavePictureAs script has 1.1 million characters. I stripped all the comments and blank lines and even all the spaces because I was curious on the readable character count. It was then 850,000 characters. (I know it is bloated with features) and I never want potential users of my scripts to hunt down #includes / functions. So I include those with credits and links to the original post.

Some posters changed their user names when they moved from the old forum to the new forum.
aaronbewza turned into WeedTrek.
I found this out because his "Aaron's YouTube Television" code is missing from the old forum. I could not find aaronbewza or "Aaron's YouTube Television" on the new forum. WeedTrek has a website and on his website his name Aaron Bewza is shown. So I PM'd him to get his YouTube Television.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”