How do I fill out an entire form with one HotKey?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Donrei

How do I fill out an entire form with one HotKey?

15 Nov 2017, 11:55

Every week there is a google form sent out to me and my peers. The first few to fill it out are included in the program for that week. Each person can only do it twice, but I have been to slow each time. I just downloaded Hotkey and I was wondering if it is possible to use one hotkey to fill out all the lines. For example I would type (ctrl f) and it would fill out my email then on its own go to the next line and fill out my name then automatically go on to the next line to fill out my number. If this is possible how do I do it. If not what is the quickest way to fill out such a form using hotkeys? Thank you.
derz00

Re: How do I fill out an entire form with one HotKey?

15 Nov 2017, 12:28

There are varying ways to do this. To learn how to write AutoHotkey scripts, read the tutorial here: https://autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm

You'll probably find it easy to set something up like this.

Code: Select all

Send, [email protected]
Send, {Tab}
Send, My Name
; etc
FYI I'm telling the mods to move this thread to Ask For Help. This is the wrong place for this, but you don't need to bother reposting.
try it and see
Donrei

How do I use autohotkey to fill out bubbles?

24 Dec 2017, 19:41

[Note by lexikos: This was posted as a duplicate topic, but has been moved here.]

There is a lengthy google form that I am required to fill out every week for work. It requires me to type in my information and then to answer some questions by either clicing the bubble that says yes or the bubble that says no. I have figured out how to use Autohotkey so that if I type one key it automatically fills out all my information, but I don't know how to use autohtkey to fill out all the bubbles I want to fill out automatically with one key. Is this possible to do? and if so please tell me how to do it.
Exaskryz

Re: How to use autohotkey to fill out bubbles on a form?

24 Dec 2017, 20:46

Do you mean to just use Tab Navigation, and using Space to select a bubble?

Send {Tab 2}{Space}
?
divanebaba

Re: How do I use autohotkey to fill out bubbles?

24 Dec 2017, 23:42

Hello.
As I have such as no information about your issue, maybe following code could help for a while.
It is simplest ahk coding. Quick and dirty, like german education for foreigners.
The script only works, if you can jump with Tab's from field to field.

TextList := "Name,Surname,E-Mail,Password,Damned,German,Teachers,Recommendation,Fooled,Me,Out,and,thousands,of,foreigners,too"
$F6:: ; start the script by pressing F6
Loop, parse, TextList, `,
{
	sendinput %A_LoopField%
	Sendinput {Tab}
	sleep 200
}
return
You have to set focus on the first field you want to begin with inserting. (Do this with clicking one time with left mouse click into the form field.)
Einfach nur ein toller Typ. :mrgreen:
divanebaba

Re: How to use autohotkey to fill out bubbles on a form?

25 Dec 2017, 00:25

Same Thread How do I use autohotkey to fill out bubbles?
[Note by lexikos: Two of the duplicates were deleted and the posts moved here.]

You put 4 (four) threads for same issue. That's spamming.
If you can't await an answer, read the help file instead of spamming same issue.
Last edited by lexikos on 25 Dec 2017, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posts moved; duplicates deleted
Einfach nur ein toller Typ. :mrgreen:
reverberation

08 Jul 2019, 09:26

Hi all,

I am interested, with a slight difference to the OP's question.

How do I make the script flexible enough to check for the right field (e.g. address line 1) before I fill it with the correct variables?

Could have used Lastpass/Lazarus, but I find it not 100% reliable as it doesn't always pop-up or fill all the fields all the time.
gregster

13 Jul 2019, 05:12

reverberation wrote:
How do I make the script flexible enough to check for the right field (e.g. address line 1) before I fill it with the correct variables?
Obviously, the described technique is not suited for checking if it is the right field.

Either you add some checks for visual indicators, using Imagesearch, PixeclGetColor etc. or you use more advanced and reliable browser automating techniques with IE COM, Chrome.ahk or Selenium webdriver. But of course, you will have to tailor the solution to the specific website.
WilburBr

13 Jul 2019, 20:36

reverberation wrote:
Hi all,

I am interested, with a slight difference to the OP's question.

Could have used Lastpass/Lazarus, but I find it not 100% reliable as it doesn't always pop-up or fill all the fields all the time.
Give "autofill" addon/extension a try.
U can try the uses the wizardmode or send javascript code, so u can fill forms, click buttons etc
gregster

13 Jul 2019, 23:07

WilburBr wrote:
U can try the uses the wizardmode or send javascript code, so u can fill forms, click buttons etc
It's only half the fun without AutoHotkey! :ugeek: Which is wizardry anyway :D
And the 'or' part is also possible with browser automation.
WilburBr

14 Jul 2019, 09:32

gregster wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 23:07
WilburBr wrote:
It's only half the fun without AutoHotkey! :ugeek: Which is wizardry anyway :D
And the 'or' part is also possible with browser automation.

Hello;

I've tried a lot to find a simple way to send javascript codes to the browser. I started reading about selenium, but I found it very complex and could not automate windows that were already opened.

I found in autofill an extremely simple and efficient way, at least for my use at work. I created several shortcuts with javascript codes linked to shortcuts, and - with autohotkey - I created GUI buttons grouped in the browser window... so simply pressing the desired button autohotkey sends the autofill shortcut key and executes the chosed javascript code.

Could you point me to an easier way? thanks
gregster

14 Jul 2019, 10:00

Easy is relative... and I was talking about fun and using AHK - after all, this is a programming forum about AHK. So we are focused on doing things with AHK, but of course you can combine it with different tools - Selenium is just one of them, autofill seems to be another.
I mentioned using IE COM or Chrome.ahk besides Selenium... I think in Selenium you can connect to existing browser instances (but like with Chrome.ahk you might need to have started it as a debugging instance - which is not a problem, if you use it regularly and have the rights to do so; I think in IE you can also connect to an already running browser, a normal instance; and you can use headless browsing with these methods and do more than just using javascript)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”