Check Out WebWriter
swagfag

Re: Forum changes, requests and features

16 May 2019, 17:36

margin 1px, border-radius 2px, padding 1px 2px
ahk7

19 May 2019, 03:31

What problems does it solve is probably a better question. It is none of Google's (or other third party) business that people visit this website I think - and visitors should be informed (in Europe it would be required to do so + given the option to opt-out). Perhaps it came as default with the cloudflare script. Perhaps you can "opt-out" of those defaults there and only use the script code you need for cloudflare - I see no point at all for a google translate script being loaded to be honest. Hardenize seems new as well? (such info cloudflare/hardenize etc should be in a websites privacy statement). I'm guessing there are quite a few European visitors. Just an observation. Edit: I can understand the need for security measures needed against certain users of course.
tank

20 May 2019, 09:30

I have ALWAYS tracked every visit as it is built into this and most other bulletin boards, so did poly, so did Chris. If you think other sites dont you are naive. but with google analytics i get helpful insights on legit and ill-legit traffic. If you dont like translations that is fine but i have to be able to read all forums. i suspect others do as well. it hurts nothing and at least helps a few. you can always disable it. Hardenize isn't tracking, it scans the site for weaknesses and is a helpful tool for me to keep you safe.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

01 Jun 2019, 18:41

I reduced the height of the inline code tags :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Flipeador

12 Jul 2019, 14:43

Please fix spoilers (Digi theme), the button text is not visible, and the height should be reduced.
Also, the the inline code tag still looks bad...
Attachments
2019-07-12_163806.jpg
2019-07-12_163806.jpg (2.36 KiB) Viewed 6586 times
joedf

16 Jul 2019, 09:38

ok, updated. You might not like the colours... just suggest some if it bothers you. thanks :+1:
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Flipeador

16 Jul 2019, 15:58

@joedf Thank you, now the text is visible. :thumbup:
I think it would look better like this (fits better with the forum theme):
:wave:
joedf

17 Jul 2019, 11:11

Updated! :+1:

Also, i've fixed spoiler3 :)
swagfag

17 Jul 2019, 11:42

is spoiler3's click supposed to be toggleable? right now it gets stuck in the open state if u click it once
Flipeador

17 Jul 2019, 15:01

Code: Select all

/* https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6008324/fade-effect-on-link-hover */
a, li, button
{
    background-color: transparent;
    -o-transition:color .4s ease-out, background 1s ease-in, border .4s ease-in;
    -ms-transition:color .4s ease-out, background 1s ease-in, border .4s ease-in;
    -moz-transition:color .4s ease-out, background 1s ease-in, border .4s ease-in;
    -webkit-transition:color .4s ease-out, background 1s ease-in, border .4s ease-in;
    /* ...and now override with proper CSS property */
    transition:color .4s ease-out, background .4s ease-in, border .4s ease-in;
}

Code: Select all

.postlink:visited {
  border-bottom-color: #a4a7ab;
  color: #7D94BD; }

.postlink:hover {
  background-color: #20242D;
  padding: 0px 1px;
  border-radius: 2px;
  color: #c35824; }
joedf

18 Jul 2019, 15:04

@swagfag It's always been like that. I dont know if that's the intended behaviour. I didn't make spoiler3 myself...
@Flipeador errr.... I mean.. I can add it if you really want me to, but I think this is somewhat out of scope. This should be done w/ the Stylish extension or something... ?
Flipeador

18 Jul 2019, 15:09

@joedf It's OK. The important thing is the second code (related to this).
joedf

18 Jul 2019, 16:06

okay, i just find digi updates a little annoying... because I have to update 6 themes manually...

Edit: ok, the change should be live :+1:
Flipeador

18 Jul 2019, 16:41

Well, IMO with one dark theme and one light theme is enough. I only use Digi, the other dark ones look very ugly to me.
ok, the change should be live
Did you write .postlink:visited and .postlink:hover again?, you just had to change the content. I'm asking because the color of .postlink:visited doesn't seem to have changed... :crazy: I'm sorry, I just don't understand much about this... :) You're the expert. :thumbup: :salute:
joedf

19 Jul 2019, 16:23

Agreed... Oh wait, my bad. I thought they were simply not defined so all I did was append the rules somewhere, so they must be still overwritten somewhere.
I dont have much time now, I'll come back to this. thanks for reporting! :+1:

EDIT: updated digi postlink styles!
SOTE

22 Jul 2019, 03:38

ahk7 wrote:
19 May 2019, 03:31
What problems does it solve is probably a better question. It is none of Google's (or other third party) business that people visit this website I think - and visitors should be informed (in Europe it would be required to do so + given the option to opt-out). Perhaps it came as default with the cloudflare script. Perhaps you can "opt-out" of those defaults there and only use the script code you need for cloudflare - I see no point at all for a google translate script being loaded to be honest. Hardenize seems new as well? (such info cloudflare/hardenize etc should be in a websites privacy statement). I'm guessing there are quite a few European visitors. Just an observation. Edit: I can understand the need for security measures needed against certain users of course.
tank wrote:
20 May 2019, 09:30
I have ALWAYS tracked every visit as it is built into this and most other bulletin boards, so did poly, so did Chris. If you think other sites dont you are naive. but with google analytics i get helpful insights on legit and ill-legit traffic. If you dont like translations that is fine but i have to be able to read all forums. i suspect others do as well. it hurts nothing and at least helps a few. you can always disable it. Hardenize isn't tracking, it scans the site for weaknesses and is a helpful tool for me to keep you safe.
On the point of Google Translate, I kind of thought that was a good idea, since this website has multiple languages. To include that it's use is optional. There appears to be almost no getting around Google anyway, because websites will want to optimize their presence on Google.

I think people understand if visiting the AutoHotkey website, there are cookies or other features that might do tracking. However, most people are probably concerned about 3rd party IP addresses and companies that are performing tracking and data collection. Google and Cloudfare (which the AutoHotkey website uses) is one thing, but other companies (particularly involved in tracking and data collection) would be something else.

Return to “Forum Issues”