SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.06.01 [Updated October 12 2014]

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
joedf

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.06.01 [Updated October 12 2014]

05 Jan 2015, 10:09

Ahhh ha!! That's what I thought! ;)
Ive heard of NVIDIA stories having some issues with SciTE+DirectX, anyway cheers! :)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
lexikos

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.04.01 [Updated Dec 24 2013]

08 Jan 2015, 06:09

Grendahl wrote:Image
fincs: This problem still occurs if the SciTE window is unresponsive while starting up, which can happen if it is re-opening files via the network. I would suggest using SendMessage() via DllCall and waiting until the window responds - or indefinitely. The SendMessage command's built-in timeout will only make things worse in this case. (I'm referring to the SendMessage which gives x its value.)
fincs

08 Jan 2015, 13:09

I didn't know the SendMessage command used a timeout, thanks for pointing that out. I've changed it to a DllCall in my working copy of S4AHK.

BTW: do you have any idea why recent versions of the help file crash when opened from S4AHK? Concretely, using the search box in the Index tab. I suspect it has something to do with changes in the JS code.
fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]
lexikos

08 Jan 2015, 17:01

No.

What are you saying it does? It works just fine for me when launched from SciTE 3.0.03. (I've been lazy about updating SciTE, but AutoHotkey is up to date.)

Edit: Also works from 3.0.06, although I've noticed that if I press F1 on a keyword, I have to press Enter after the help opens before it loads the topic. I don't know whether it did that before (because I don't use F1).
lexikos

08 Jan 2015, 17:12

When I upgrade-install SciTE, there are three options that can't be turned off:
  • Set as default .ahk file editor
  • Create a shortcut in the Start menu
  • Create a shortcut in the Desktop
My settings for the edit verb are not the default set by SciTE and I do not want them overwritten.

I do not want a Desktop shortcut and did not have one before.

When the installer closed, the Program Compatibility Assistant came up. You need to add a manifest resource specifying Vista and 7 as supportedOS. See AutoHotkey.exe.manifest for an example.
fincs

08 Jan 2015, 18:48

lexikos wrote:What are you saying it does?
I open Help > Help, click on the Index tab & start typing a keyword. After typing one or two letters, the CHM window stops responding to message events (the CHM thread hangs), and it is necessary to close SciTE in order to recover from it. Alternatively, placing the cursor in the middle of a keyword and open the help file sometimes causes the same effect. This behaviour happens randomly and sometimes it behaves correctly. Opening the CHM outside SciTE never fails. Deleting the .chw file makes no difference.
lexikos wrote:When I upgrade-install SciTE, there are three options that can't be turned off:
(...)
When the installer closed, the Program Compatibility Assistant came up. You need to add a manifest resource specifying Vista and 7 as supportedOS. See AutoHotkey.exe.manifest for an example.
Will fix.
lexikos wrote:My settings for the edit verb are not the default set by SciTE and I do not want them overwritten.
How can I tell apart custom modification from a corrupted registry setting?
lexikos wrote:I do not want a Desktop shortcut and did not have one before.
This shouldn't have happened if you had previously installed S4AHK without desktop shortcuts (maybe you had deleted it manually) - the setting is supposed to be saved to the registry.

Code: Select all

RegRead, defEdit, HKLM, Software\SciTE4AutoHotkey, InstallDefEditor
RegRead, defSS, HKLM, Software\SciTE4AutoHotkey, InstallDefSS
RegRead, defDS, HKLM, Software\SciTE4AutoHotkey, InstallDefDS
;...
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKLM, Software\SciTE4AutoHotkey, InstallDefEditor, %bDefaultEditor%
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKLM, Software\SciTE4AutoHotkey, InstallDefSS, %bStartShortcuts%
RegWrite, REG_DWORD, HKLM, Software\SciTE4AutoHotkey, InstallDefDS, %bDesktopShortcuts%
fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]
lexikos

08 Jan 2015, 20:07

fincs wrote:How can I tell apart custom modification from a corrupted registry setting?
Why would it be corrupted? Why would you need to detect it? Just allow the user to choose.

If by "corrupted" you mean pointing at an editor which has been uninstalled or moved, you can check if the command is valid (i.e. the first quoted or space-delimited substring points to a valid executable). I wouldn't; If SciTE is already installed and isn't the default editor, chances are that the user doesn't want it to be. I would uncheck the option by default.
[...] the setting is supposed to be saved to the registry.
That's a matter of opinion - why would I want that setting saved in the registry? If I deleted the shortcut, I obviously don't want it. In any case, the installer should not disable the checkbox unless it's actually going to do nothing either way (i.e. because the shortcut's already there and won't be removed if you untick the box).
I open Help > Help
I see now that F1 is the accelerator associated with Help -> Help so it probably doesn't matter whether you use the keyboard or menu.
This behaviour happens randomly and sometimes it behaves correctly.
I tested for a while on Windows 7 and XP, and couldn't fault it.

I did notice that on XP pressing F1 took me straight to the page and left nothing in the keyword field, whereas on Windows 7 it put a keyword in the box but didn't take me to the page...
Soft

09 Jan 2015, 09:12

can you add a tab that show script's hotkeys, labels, function?
and when you click, it moves to the clicked function
its too hard to edit script if script file too long

except for that this is reallt cool!
AutoHotkey & AutoHotkey_H v1.1.22.07
haichen

09 Jan 2015, 09:34

I tried some older helpfiles (Autohotkey vom 2012, and a renamed 7zip) and copied them in the AHK programfolder. They work well.
But the new german helpfile has the same issue.
Starting the helpfile from the installprocess and typing some chars in the searchfield let the helpwindow also freeze.
This is on win8.11 x86
At work i've win7 x64 OS - Helpfile works.
Hopefully this observations help you.
Barney

11 Jan 2015, 02:39

I'm getting this on first startup:

---------------------------
Toolbar.ahk
Error:  "2" is not a valid key name.

Line#
	263: Menu,ToolMenu,Add,Check for updates...,check4updates
	266: GroupAdd,SciTE4AutoHotkey,ahk_id %scitehwnd%
	267: GroupAdd,SciTE4AutoHotkey,ahk_id %hwndgui%
	270: dbg_active := false
	273: Hotkey,IfWinActive,ahk_id %scitehwnd%
	274: Loop,%ntools%
	275: if Tools[A_Index].Hotkey != ""  
--->	276: Hotkey,Tools[A_Index].Hotkey,ToolHotkeyHandler
	279: InitComInterface()  
	282: Director_Init()  
	285: AhkDir := DirectorReady ? CoI_ResolveProp("", "AutoHotkeyDir") : (SciTEDir "\..")
	286: if DirectorReady && !IsPortable  
	287: {
	289: temp := Util_GetAhkPath()
	290: if temp  

The current thread will exit.
OK   
empardopo

12 Jan 2015, 04:02

Is It possible to add this option to the program?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
addOption.png
Everything is possible!
joedf

12 Jan 2015, 04:09

Use tillagoto!
Just select the function then, Middle click instead!
It will go directly to the function definition. :)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
empardopo

12 Jan 2015, 06:41

OK Thanks!
I found a problem. If I have a wide source with many functions and labels then I must look for my function in the list!

In Flash IDE (I use to program in Flex) I get this.

Using the Open Declaration option I go to the definition of my function.
Using the Open call Hierarchy (avanced option) I get a list of all calls to the selected text.(advanced option)

It's only an idea! Thanks for the program and the help!
Attachments
FlashIDEExample.png
Everything is possible!
scott123

17 Jan 2015, 19:52

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but, rather than work with multiple editors for different languages, I'd like to use Scite4Autohotkey for everything, especially for html. For instance, I took html.properties from the most recent Scite release and placed it in the main folder, but it doesn't seem to show up in the languages. How do I add languages?
Soft

18 Jan 2015, 02:38

joedf wrote:Use tillagoto!
Just select the function then, Middle click instead!
It will go directly to the function definition. :)
wow.. didn't know that
AutoHotkey & AutoHotkey_H v1.1.22.07
Dougal

19 Jan 2015, 06:03

scott123 wrote:My apologies if this has already been discussed, but, rather than work with multiple editors for different languages, I'd like to use Scite4Autohotkey for everything, especially for html. For instance, I took html.properties from the most recent Scite release and placed it in the main folder, but it doesn't seem to show up in the languages. How do I add languages?
I have set it up for HTML, perl, python, powershell and sql. You need to add some lines to your user properties (Options, Open user properties). These are the lines I added:

# Import settings / properties (*** IMPORTANT- files are expected in this folder)
import D:\Dougal\Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTE\ExtraProperties\perl
import D:\Dougal\Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTE\ExtraProperties\python
import D:\Dougal\Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTE\ExtraProperties\powershell
import D:\Dougal\Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTE\ExtraProperties\sql
import D:\Dougal\Documents\AutoHotkey\SciTE\ExtraProperties\html
# Define the Lexer menu,
# Each item contains three parts: menu string | file extension | key
# The only keys allowed currently are based on F-keys and alphabetic keys and look like # [Ctrl+][Shift+][Fn|a] such as F12 or Ctrl+Shift+D.
# A '&' may be placed before a letter to be used as an accelerator. This does not work on GTK+.
#~ Defines the entries in the Language menu and the file extensions they map to. Each menu item is defined by 3 elements, language name, extension and an optional keyboard equivalent. Each element is terminated by '|'. For example:
#~ H&ypertext|html|F12|
# language
menu.language=\
&AutoHotkey|ahk||\
&Lua|lua||\
&INI and property files|ini||\
&BASH|sh||\
&Powershell|ps1||\
&SQL|sql||\
$(ext.menu.language)\
$(user.menu.language)
I got the properties files online somewhere, I think either from the SciTe website or a link on the website. I use the perl.properties file for BASH scripts, each properties file can support multiple extensions, listed in the properties file, just use a name and extension in the menu list eg &BASH|sh||\ will select the perl.properties lexar.

Cheers

Edit: added the properties files I used
ExtraProperties.zip
(17.2 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Edit 2: Because I use a visual style (PlasticCodeWrap), I had to do some juggling of the settings in the properties files to get the lexar to use the formats from the style instead of the fixed formats in the properties files, so my properties files are not standard (although they should work with most styles). This was mainly in the perl properties file for the BASH script editing.
joedf

19 Jan 2015, 10:11

So you mean this style?
https://github.com/joedf/PlasticCodeWra ... properties

Did you try to replace all the ahk1 with *?
Dougal

19 Jan 2015, 19:59

joedf wrote:So you mean this style?
https://github.com/joedf/PlasticCodeWra ... properties

Did you try to replace all the ahk1 with *?
Yep, that is the one. I did make some tweaks, couldn't help myself. :D Changes included using Bitstream Vera Sans Mono instead of DejaVu Sans Mono font (I like the clear difference between 1 and l), changing the main ahk style references to named styles so I could use the same named styles in the perl properties file, and added modified brace highlighting (I find the SciTE standard hard to use). My changes:

34  font.normal=font:Bitstream Vera Sans Mono,size:10 <>
35  #font.normal=font:DejaVu Sans Mono,size:10           34  font.normal=font:DejaVu Sans Mono,size:10
36  normal=$(font.normal),fore:#F8F8F8                   35  style.ahk1.0=$(font.normal),fore:#F8F8F8
37  style.ahk1.0=$(normal)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
57  comment=fore:#1E9AE0,italics                      <> 55  style.ahk1.1=fore:#1E9AE0,italics
58  style.ahk1.1=$(comment)
75  operator=fore:#FFAA00                             <> 72  style.ahk1.4=fore:#FFAA00
76  style.ahk1.4=$(operator)
82  string=fore:#55E439                               <> 78  style.ahk1.6=fore:#55E439
83  style.ahk1.6=$(string)
86  number=fore:#FF3A83                               <> 81  style.ahk1.7=fore:#FF3A83
87  style.ahk1.7=$(number)
93  variable=fore:#FB9A4B                             <> 87  style.ahk1.9=fore:#FB9A4B
94  style.ahk1.9=$(variable)
100 keyword=fore:#FFAA00,italics                      <> 93  style.ahk1.11=fore:#FFAA00,italics
101 style.ahk1.11=$(keyword)
104 command=fore:#EB939A                              <> 96  style.ahk1.12=fore:#EB939A
105 style.ahk1.12=$(command)
129 error=fore:#EF2929                                <>
130 style.ahk1.20=$(error)                               120 style.ahk1.20=fore:#EF2929
134 # Brace highlight                                 +-
135 style.*.34=fore:#00FFFF,bold
136 # Brace incomplete highlight
137 style.*.35=fore:#FFFF00,bold
I didn't know I could use * instead of ahk1, that might have been easier, although doesn't appear to be a 1-to-1 correspondence between formats eg ahk comment style is ahk1.1 but BASH is bash.2, this might be fixable by modifying the blocks elsewhere in the perl properties file, but I didn't know when I was setting this up. These are the styles I use in my modified perl.properties (named styles come from MyPlasticCodeWrap properties):

# Bash styles
# The bash styles are set to lots of different foreground and background colours as an
# aid to debugging SciTE's Bash lexer - not because this is a good way to display Bash.
style.bash.32=fore:#F8F8F8,back:#0B161D,$(font.normal)
# White space
style.bash.0=$(normal)
# fore:#808080,$(font.base)
# Error
style.bash.1=$(error)
# Comment
style.bash.2=$(comment)
# style.bash.2=$(colour.code.comment.box),$(font.code.comment.box)
# Number
style.bash.3=$(number)
# Keyword
style.bash.4=$(command)
# Double quoted string
style.bash.5=$(colour.string),$(font.monospace)
# Single quoted string
style.bash.6=$(colour.char),$(font.monospace)
# Operators
style.bash.7=$(operator)
# Identifiers (functions, etc.)
style.bash.8=$(variable)
# Scalars: $var
style.bash.9=$(variable)
# Parameter expansion: ${var}
style.bash.10=fore:#000000,back:#FFFFFF
# Back Ticks
style.bash.11=fore:#FFFF00,back:#004040
# Here-doc (delimiter)
style.bash.12=fore:#000000,back:#DDD0DD
# Here-doc (single quoted, q)
style.bash.13=fore:#7F007F,back:#DDD0DD,eolfilled,notbold
# Braces are only matched in operator style
braces.bash.style=7
I am still experimenting with what the style numbers refer to, don't seem to always be what I expect, possibly because the BASH keywords etc aren't set up properly. There are probably a lot better ways of doing what I did, when I get time I might try again, including your ahk1 to * suggestion (would I have to remove all the equivalent style.bash.# entries then to stop the the style.*.1 being replaced?).

Cheers
MyPlasticCodeWrap.zip
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
joedf

19 Jan 2015, 21:02

Ahh ok very nice!

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”