SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.06.01 [Updated October 12 2014]

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
evilC

Re: SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.0.06.01 [Updated October 12 2014]

12 Feb 2015, 14:06

AHK-Scite.exe in that code is a copy of AutoHotkey.exe renamed to AHK-Scite.exe

The code I pasted makes SciTE use that version when you hit Run (Blue play button).
So if you wanted that script to run your old version of AHK when you hit Run in SciTE, replace AutoHotkeyScite=$(AutoHotkeyDir)\AHK-Scite.exe with AutoHotkeyScite=c:\oldversionAHK\AutoHotkey.exe
empardopo

13 Feb 2015, 05:26

evilC wrote:AHK-Scite.exe in that code is a copy of AutoHotkey.exe renamed to AHK-Scite.exe

The code I pasted makes SciTE use that version when you hit Run (Blue play button).
So if you wanted that script to run your old version of AHK when you hit Run in SciTE, replace AutoHotkeyScite=$(AutoHotkeyDir)\AHK-Scite.exe with AutoHotkeyScite=c:\oldversionAHK\AutoHotkey.exe
Allright! Thanks for your answer!

It would be great Scite do it automatically.
Everything is possible!
empardopo

16 Feb 2015, 04:46

[Note by Lexikos: empardopo is referring to haichen's post, which was split into another topic.]

Thanks haichen. It works fine.

I've tested to press middle button in TillaGoto and It works fine. But, is possible to come back to the point where I pressed the middle button?
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Ocurrency.png
Ocurrency.png (3.41 KiB) Viewed 8838 times
Everything is possible!
haichen

17 Feb 2015, 11:58

@finc Do you want to collect extensions at your website, this threat, or another?
I asked because i think no one will download files (*.s4x) from someone he didnt know or trust.

I've tested to press middle button in TillaGoto and It works fine. But, is possible to come back to the point where I pressed the middle button?
@empardopo
I think its the wanted behaviour of TillaGoto to open a window of hotkeys,labels.
boiler

17 Feb 2015, 14:48

empardopo wrote:I've tested to press middle button in TillaGoto and It works fine. But, is possible to come back to the point where I pressed the middle button?
Alt-{Left arrow} will take you back to the location you pressed the middle button. Then the same with right arrow to go forward.
boiler

17 Feb 2015, 14:50

haichen wrote:I think its the wanted behaviour of TillaGoto to open a window of hotkeys,labels.
If you press the middle button on a label, it will take you directly to that point in the code without opening the TillaGoto window.
haichen

17 Feb 2015, 15:03

Didn't know that. Very cool. Thanks!
empardopo

18 Feb 2015, 05:19

boiler wrote:
empardopo wrote:I've tested to press middle button in TillaGoto and It works fine. But, is possible to come back to the point where I pressed the middle button?
Alt-{Left arrow} will take you back to the location you pressed the middle button. Then the same with right arrow to go forward.
Thanks very much.
Everything is possible!
evilC

22 Feb 2015, 11:32

Further to my previous report about debugging features sometimes not activating, I saw this error message when I started SciTe today, and the debug menu was gone.
I think I was maybe getting this error before, but quitting out not quite realizing that it was referring to the editor, not my code.

It is worth mentioning that the files that were being opened were stored on a spinning disk that had spun down, while SciTE was on my SSD, which had not. Therefore, when I started SciTE, there was a delay between the GUI showing and the files to load being available.
Maybe it hit some timeout and tried to proceed without all assets being ready?

lexikos

23 Feb 2015, 19:47

evilC wrote:It is worth mentioning that the files that were being opened were stored on a spinning disk that had spun down,
I've come across this issue with files opened via the (virtual) network, and have reported it already. Basically, the toolbar uses the SendMessage command, which has a 5000ms timeout. Using DllCall("SendMessage",...) would probably solve the problem (by making the toolbar wait indefinitely for SciTE to start up).
evilC

24 Feb 2015, 14:32

lexikos wrote:
evilC wrote:It is worth mentioning that the files that were being opened were stored on a spinning disk that had spun down,
I've come across this issue with files opened via the (virtual) network, and have reported it already. Basically, the toolbar uses the SendMessage command, which has a 5000ms timeout. Using DllCall("SendMessage",...) would probably solve the problem (by making the toolbar wait indefinitely for SciTE to start up).
Yes, but the strange thing is, it is only the scripts to be edited that are on the spun-down disk - the files for the toolbar are on the SSD.
Surely the files to be edited should not affect whether it shows the toolbar or not?
ie can this be fixed by completing the loading of the toolbar before trying to load the files to be edited?
Also, it is strange that when this happens, I must reboot in order to get the debug toolbar back. What is it about a reboot that causes SciTE to decide to try and reload the debug toolbar again?
I can deal with it happening, it's just the having to reboot bit that is really annoying.
lexikos

24 Feb 2015, 20:20

SciTE obviously has to load the files, and to do that it has to wait for the drive to spin up. While it is waiting, it does not respond to messages. Therefore if the toolbar script sends a message to the SciTE window, it will not respond.
ie can this be fixed by completing the loading of the toolbar before trying to load the files to be edited?
Yes, or as I said, using DllCall("SendMessage",...) instead of SendMessage in Toolbar.ahk. I think.
Also, it is strange that when this happens, I must reboot in order to get the debug toolbar back.
Just kill the InternalAHK.exe process which is running the broken toolbar script.
TicksCollector

28 Feb 2015, 10:06

Hi,

I stopped upgrading since version 3.0.04 since any version above it changes the editor's font to something blurry.
Since I couldn't find in the configs a way to get back the old crisp font, I stopped upgrading the editor.

What's going on?
lexikos

01 Mar 2015, 19:55

boiler/haichen: I think your extension deserves its own thread. Would you like someone to move your posts?
TicksCollector wrote:I stopped upgrading since version 3.0.04 since any version above it changes the editor's font to something blurry.
IIRC, add technology=0 to your user properties file. It usually solves such issues. It really should be the default, I think.
lexikos

02 Mar 2015, 00:55

I've moved the the posts relating to haichen's word counting extension to a new thread.
haichen wrote:@finc Do you want to collect extensions at your website, this [thread], or another?
I'm curious about this as well.
TicksCollector

02 Mar 2015, 08:43

lexikos wrote:boiler/haichen: I think your extension deserves its own thread. Would you like someone to move your posts?
TicksCollector wrote:I stopped upgrading since version 3.0.04 since any version above it changes the editor's font to something blurry.
IIRC, add technology=0 to your user properties file. It usually solves such issues. It really should be the default, I think.
I added "technology=0" and nothing changed.
Then I found "font.quality" which I don't remember seeing before...
It seems they both influence the fonts drawing.
When setting "technology=0" (can be 0, 1, 2, 3) and "font.quality" to either 0,1,2 (can be 0, 1, 2, 3) I get the crisp font look.
You can get a crisp font with other "technology" settings, but then the caret can't be seen with word highlight.

Cheers
MJs

07 Mar 2015, 18:33

Code: Select all

StringReplace, param, param, param
StringReplace, %param%, %param%, %param%
Ctrl+Shift+Space to show the calltip, if this combination is changed, then use your combination

if you go to the end of the first line and press the combination, you won't get the calltip for StringReplace
but if you do the same for the second line you'll get it, any info on how to make it show in the first case too
also if one param isn't surounded by %, the next param wouldn't activate the calltip.
DaveT1

12 Mar 2015, 04:50

Hi,

I'm still a newbie with AUTOHOTKEY and SciTE4AHK is really helpful in understanding more. But I have one issue which I can't see a way around (that usually means there is a way round, but it's so blindingly obvious that I can't see it!).

When I put SciTE4AHK into debugging mode, I usually bring up the 'Variable list' window. I then have to move it ('cause it always seems to sit on top of the piece of code I'm looking at) and then re-size the columns to show the full names of the variable. Then I step through the code and all is good - the data is updated in the window and it's a real help.

But the problem is that I usually find I want to re-run the code from the start - again, and again, and....you get the idea. But the only way I can see to do this is to drop out of debugging mode and then restart debugging mode. And doing this causes the Variable list window to close, and on restarting debugging mode this window then needs manual restarting, sizing, positioning and column resizing. This is a hassle each time.

So is it possible to either (a) have the variables list window persist outside when the debugging mode is switched off, or (b) is it possible to re-run code from the start while in debugging mode (actually, now I type it out, this is the more obvious thing)?

Or is there something else more obvious (apart from getting things right first time and not needing to repeatedly re-run in debugging mode ;) ) which I'm totally missing?

Cheers.
MJs

12 Mar 2015, 05:10

for the variable list, I would suggest that:
1:you, be careful about doing the next and always make a copy of the file.
2: edit SciTEDebug.ahk file in tools folder, to do whatever you want with the debugging Gui and list
for example if you add this line

VL_Create()
before this line

DBGp_StopListening(Dbg_Socket) ; stop listening
then the vairables listview would show, on startup, as for positons and all, you can play the script a little
I didn't use this long enough to know if there are any precautions to be taken, you may want to test it a little bit more before you rely on it, and please test it on test scripts.
you, be careful about doing the next and always make a copy of the file.
DaveT1

13 Mar 2015, 03:57

Hi MJs,

Thanks for the reply....I tried your suggestion but without luck!

I took your advice re: backups and test file - thanks for the heads up there. But I couldn't edit the SciTEDebug.ahk file - I could open it just fine (and saw the 'here be dragons warning'), but it just wouldn't let me make any changes. I tried, but without much hope, and added your suggested edit to the User Properties file, which I could edit and did accept the change. But no change in the behaviour (ie., the variable window still dies on me!)!

So thanks for the idea, but sorry, I drew a-blank!

Cheers.

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”