Talk about anything
joedf

Re: « What's on your mind? »

Post by joedf » 18 May 2024, 11:21

andymbody wrote:
17 May 2024, 23:07
RussF wrote:
17 May 2024, 07:39
will certainly become unknowing, unwitting and mindless lemmings being gently led to their own demise
I agree. Human intelligence will decline at a more alarming rate than it has already. It's very sad that humans are choosing this fate of their own free will. Evolution teaches that humans evolved from monkeys (which I totally disagree with), but monkeys they shall become unless this path is altered.

Individuals who are unable (or unwilling) to exercise their intelligence, are at the mercy of those who do.
I just watched "Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes" (long title ahaha), and thinking about declining knowledge and general intelligence... :think:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

joedf

Post by joedf » 21 May 2024, 12:43

Cross-plaform (Java based) Mouse and Keyboard automation software, that let's write your tasks in Python, Java, or C#
https://github.com/repeats/Repeat
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

garry

Post by garry » Yesterday, 07:50

Wells Fargo Fires Over a Dozen for ‘Simulation of Keyboard Activity’
------------------
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wells-fargo-fires-over-dozen-133711267.html 20240613
-- Wells Fargo Fires Over a Dozen for ‘Simulation of Keyboard Activity’
-The staffers, all in the firm’s wealth- and investment-management unit,
were “discharged after review of allegations involving simulation of keyboard activity creating impression of active work”
-Devices and software to imitate employee activity, sometimes known as “mouse movers” or “mouse jigglers,”
took off during the pandemic-spurred work-from-home era, with people swapping tips for using them on social-media sites Reddit and TikTok.
-Such gadgets are available on Amazon.com for less than $20.
---------------------

---------------------
https://www.theregister.com/2024/05/01/pulumi_ai_pollution_of_search/
-- Developers seethe as Google surfaces buggy AI-written code
------------------
https://www.theregister.com/2024/06/12/survey_ai_projects/
-- Survey finds payoff from AI projects is 'dismal'
Businesses have become more cautious about investing in artificial intelligence tools due to concerns about cost,
data security, and safety, according to a study conducted by Lucidworks, a provider of e-commerce search and customer service applications.
"The honeymoon phase of generative AI is over," the company said in its 2024 Generative AI Global Benchmark Study, released on Tuesday.
"While leaders remain enthusiastic about its potential to transform businesses, the initial euphoria has given way to a more measured approach."
---------------------

NVIDIA-20240614
nvidia-20240614.png
nvidia-20240614.png (75.81 KiB) Viewed 114 times

RussF

Post by RussF » Yesterday, 10:14

garry wrote: -- Wells Fargo Fires Over a Dozen for ‘Simulation of Keyboard Activity’
Perhaps we should pin this to the home page of this forum. :headwall:

Russ

boiler

Post by boiler » Yesterday, 10:30

I am actually one of the fortunate ones that bought some Nvidia stock at the left end of that curve. :dance:

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”