Forum structure

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
joedf

Re: Forum structure

02 Oct 2013, 15:48

I do miss, the notifications feature... Because now I have clutter my email, for notifs... :(
I can deal with it.. I m using the RSS feature to go through the UnRead stuff :)

On the Pc I use "the Old Reader".. Then I got Feedler to connect to "The Old Reader".
Result, it's like having a mobile client of the forum :D
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
tank

02 Oct 2013, 16:22

I suppose we could set it to default but it is available when you post using the full editor
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
tank

02 Oct 2013, 16:27

sinkfaze wrote:Does anyone know what it would take to get the code formatting back to the way Chris originally had it on this type of forum? It wasn't perfect but at least you could distinguish code from comments.

Poly disallowing color tags inside code tags was one of his more destructive acts.
YES IT WAS. outright maliscious

there was some custom JavaScript i think that was responsible. GESHI is supposed to support AHK but i was considering something even more fascinating

I want to scan the commands folder of the documentation( power of PHP ) and if something in a code block matches a command it becomes a hyperlink to that command doc. Its not a big deal to identify comments vs not comments.

Jethrow had some interesting syntax coloring bbcode thingy dohicky before Poly kicked our asses. If Jethrow can find it i can make that into javascript and have it auto format with that as well
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
kon

02 Oct 2013, 16:56

tank wrote:... GESHI is supposed to support AHK but i was considering something even more fascinating

I want to scan the commands folder of the documentation( power of PHP ) and if something in a code block matches a command it becomes a hyperlink to that command doc. Its not a big deal to identify comments vs not comments.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from looking at the GESHI docs, it appears to be able to create links using keywords. There is a whole section on that in the docs. The autohotkey.php language file appears to include some links already which point to the old site.
As of version 1.0.2, GeSHi allows you to specify a URL for keyword groups. This URL is used by GeSHi to convert the keywords in that group into URLs to appropriate documentation. And using add_keyword_group you can add functions and classes from your own projects and use the URL functionality to provide a link to your own API documentation....You may be wondering how to make each keyword in the group point to the correct URL. You do this by putting {FNAME} in the URL at the correct place. For example, PHP makes it easy by linking http://www.php.net/function-name to the documentation for that function, so the URL used is http://www.php.net/{FNAME}.
DataLife

03 Oct 2013, 17:40

I wouldn't consider this new forum a "Breakout and fork of AutoHotkey.com", I would consider it a breakout.

It would be a fork if we changed the name of AutoHotkey or turned the whole forum in to ahk_v2.
Check out my scripts. (MyIpChanger) (ClipBoard Manager) (SavePictureAs)
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

Return to “Forum Issues”