My board name suggestions?

Talk about anything

What is a good site name?

You may select 1 option

View results
Eedis

My board name suggestions?

14 Dec 2013, 19:14

Hey guys, thanks for any support you've had towards my board, especially joedf for the homepage. However, I kind of gotten out of working on it due to a big exercise we had going on at work, I was unable to use the internet at the time. I am starting to get back into it and in the process of registering my domain for the site (I'm still using my friend's domain). I was wanting to change the name of the website as I feel CodersPlusPlus might be a little unprofessional. I had a few ideas in the poll above, if you have any other suggestions, let me know. :)

The view for the site and my overall idea of the site:
Okay, so I had this idea where it'd be kind of like a professional social media site for professional programmers, or just any programmer. The board is just a community resource, the main site hasn't really even begun as I have more than just this project to work on. So basically users will come to the site and create a profile page in which they will be able customize with their own CSS and HTML code (Remember MySpace?) or can choose from some default templates we offer. Here they will upload their programs, scripts, work, or anything. They can use this as a resource to show off their work to potential employers or to help find freelance work. There will also be a section where they can fill out an online resume so they can show off to professional businesses.

Now, on the flip-side, there will be a specific type of page where businesses can come and create a profile to find potential employers. Here they will be able to browse any person's page and view resumes (note: only business pages can view resumes at the discretion of the profile owner). This way the employers will be able to see their work in advance, before or after any potential interviews. Here, small businesses or even people who want to start a business, can create a temporary page to find a programmer looking for freelance work. They can browse all profiles labelled for freelance work and may contact them at their leisure after viewing the programmers work.

Basically, it'll be a community for programmers to hang out and share their work while helping them find jobs.
Last edited by Eedis on 15 Dec 2013, 17:30, edited 3 times in total.
Science is not about answering questions; it's about finding new questions to ask.
Alibaba

Re: My board name suggestions?

14 Dec 2013, 21:13

Pretty big plans. :)
I wish you the best luck!

Btw, i voted "CodersEnvy". :D
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine
Eedis

15 Dec 2013, 00:11

Coders Share just seems to generic. I want something that sticks out.
Science is not about answering questions; it's about finding new questions to ask.
Blackholyman

15 Dec 2013, 03:46

How about CodersOnTheGo

The idea seems like the dansh job bank www.jobnet.dk
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
Eedis

15 Dec 2013, 07:41

Well, I'm not Danish. :p

CodersOnTheGo is a bit too long for my liking. I want something straight and to the point.
budRich

15 Dec 2013, 07:53

CodeSpace
CodeBook
codeRich

I voted for paradise, 'cause i like the song by coolio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpGbzYlnz7c
Eedis

15 Dec 2013, 09:43

CodeSpace is too much like MySpace, CodeBook.... come on now... >.>

codeRich? LOLZ Dat ego.
joedf

15 Dec 2013, 10:38

Hahaha :D hmmm..... CodeClub lol naw
CodeKrew XD Code... Code! Or... CodeEx CodeExchange, CodeExperts CodePros CobraCode! ViperCode... CodeBlocks, CodR, AllCode, CodeGroup, CodeSoc, CodeAssoc, Codezilla, CodeKing, NobleCode[rs], CodeLord, CodeCommunism :lol: Codemmunism, CodeMuseum, CodeBox, CodeLab, UCode, UnitCode, CodeUnit, CodeFire, PyroCode muhahaha! KillerCode, CodeBench, CodeTree! CodeGeneratr, CodeGen, CodeUnion, CodeStruct, CodeEvolve, Codevolution, CodeRevolution, RevCode, CodeEngine, InfinityCode, CodeFellows, CodeInfinity, Code8, CodeBin! CodeCave, CodeMine,
CodeDocs, CodelyGrail lol, CodeFission, CodeFusion, CodeNuke, CodEmc2, CodeLight, CodeChest, CodeMap, CodeIsland, CodeWorld, CubeCode, Codemon (Hehe pokemon ref), CodeMonsters, CodeLibrary, Code42, CodeDrawer, CodeFridge, CodeOven, CodeStack, CodeLamp, CodeCloset, CodeDoor, CodePath, CodeNet, CodeNetwork, Code-ology, lol.. Ok i give up.. :P
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Eedis

15 Dec 2013, 17:23

Ohh... I like CodeEngine. :D

*Edit*... Nevermind, there's already an existing www.code-engine.com :(
Last edited by Eedis on 15 Dec 2013, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Eedis

15 Dec 2013, 17:24

Mer... I editted the poll and it deleted everyone's votes. :( Sorry...
Eedis

15 Dec 2013, 19:31

budRich wrote:CodeBay
Too much like ThePirate'sBay
joedf

15 Dec 2013, 19:57

hahah nice one
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
VxE

16 Dec 2013, 01:43

CodePocalypse?

CodeNado?

Codémon?

Troll++
SKAN

16 Dec 2013, 08:39

joedf wrote:CodeDocs
When spelled singular, codedoc seems/sounds catchy and is a palindrome.
My Scripts and Functions: V1  V2
joedf

16 Dec 2013, 11:08

SKAN wrote:
joedf wrote:CodeDocs
When spelled singular, codedoc seems/sounds catchy and is a palindrome.
You SIR! are a GENIUS! :D brillant, exquisite :D

EDIT: i made a logo :D (on deviantart)

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”