TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
boymletes

Re: TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

04 Mar 2016, 07:19

That is can't work if I run space:: send, {enter} >> I has remove {space} from the Terminating Characters ...

{enter}{esc}{tab}{Home}{End}{PgUp}{PgDn}{Up}{Down}{Left}{Right}
Maniac

04 Mar 2016, 10:38

I'm not sure what you mean by that...
six

22 Mar 2016, 02:53

have same problem, if "apple_juice" with underline in wordlist same problem, "juice" not found
Maniac

22 Mar 2016, 07:54

Hi six,

If you do NOT want _ to be a separator for words, please make sure that _ is not in "Terminating Characters" on the Advanced Tab.

If you want _ to be a separator for words, then please make sure that _ IS in "Terminating Characters" on the Advanced Tab.

Thanks!
six

22 Mar 2016, 09:03

thanks for reply,

I want to use _ and , in wordlist for example:

== begin of wordlist ==
apple_juice,taste_good
orange
milk
water
good
== end of wordlist ==

so if i type "juice" the first suggestion should be "apple_juice,taste_good"
if i type "taste" the first suggestion should be "apple_juice,taste_good"
if i type "good" the second suggestion should be "apple_juice,taste_good"

thx
Maniac

22 Mar 2016, 10:21

TypingAid only searches from the beginning of the string. There's no substring matching right now. This issue is similar to your suggestion:
https://github.com/ManiacDC/TypingAid/issues/33
six

22 Mar 2016, 11:29

ok thanks for work maybe we'll see the feature in the future
Stenemo

17 Apr 2016, 06:04

Eugene Kartoyev wrote: that's a great tool, but I had to modify the code a bit (thank holy cows, it was provided here).

The problem was thatn it uses direct keys, like +^c, +^h etc.
Thus, if the AutoComplete is to continue developing, to make it more versatile, it is desireable to use scan codes rather than direct letters for hotkeys.
First thing I did was to go over the entire TypingAid.hak in order to remove ^+h, since this conflicts with my current settings in several programs.

Since many people may find this to be a problem, this should perhaps not be default, and should be very clear in the settings menu how to change all the different keyboard combinations.
Stenemo

17 Apr 2016, 07:02

Is there any good resources for finding more wordlists? I am especially looking for a comprehensive R wordlist.
guest101

17 Apr 2016, 10:41

Very nice program, excellent work Maniac!

I searched a bit for additional wordlists and found http://www.wordfrequency.info/intro.asp . Their larger lists are payware but there is one with the 5000 most frequent english words and one with frequent academic words available for free (register with any email and get an automatic login code to access the lists). They have limitations on reuse of the lists (read site) but I see no restriction on using it for personal use with this program. The lists are in excel format or tables in html but can be trimmed down to TypingAid wordlist format with a few rounds of regex.
rommmcek

17 Apr 2016, 17:02

@Stenemo. Not sure what "R wordlist" means? Maybe Russian?
Attachments
WordList_russian.zip
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 364 times

02 Jun 2016, 08:12

Hello,

Very nice program, thanks a lot a lot!

However (using v. 2.22.0.0) the Wordlist.txt file is nowhere to be found. I have only the *.db files in the Source folder. ?

Also how do the extra word lists (in the Wordlists folder) work: do I need to declare them somehow or are they automatically parsed by the script?
Maniac

02 Jun 2016, 08:45

If you want to use a wordlist, simply copy it into the same folder as the exe/script and name it "wordlist.txt".

03 Jun 2016, 08:41

Maniac wrote:If you want to use a wordlist, simply copy it into the same folder as the exe/script and name it "wordlist.txt".
Thank you, it worked!
Maniac

03 Jun 2016, 09:19

Guest wrote:
Maniac wrote:If you want to use a wordlist, simply copy it into the same folder as the exe/script and name it "wordlist.txt".
Thank you, it worked!
You're welcome!
DyNama

12 Jul 2016, 20:12

Pretty fantastic, Maniac! i've always wanted autocomplete for my laptop!

Did I miss a key i can press that dismisses the helper window or pauses TA just for the moment? (like pressing shift to change copy to move while dragging.) i have a number of autohotkey hotstrings that are all 3 or 4 letters long. i set TA to not pop up till 5 characters but i miss it guessing the word with fewer letters. Is there a way to dismiss the helper window without picking a word?
Maniac

13 Jul 2016, 06:19

Hi DyNama... glad you enjoy it! You can use any of the terminating keys you want. I normally just hit the left arrow key (followed by the right) or the esc key. One caveat: This could cause the word to be learned (depending on your settings).
DyNama

14 Jul 2016, 12:56

Thanks, Maniac, I tried ESC as that key is somewhat intuitive, but in some circumstances, like typing a hotstring on the location box in explorer, ESC dismisses the helper window, and all the letters I've typed! I found tho TA works fine if it can't possibly think of a word, so I changed my hotstrings STUF to STFF, JUIC to JCAL. Voila!

I've been using the Gutenberg word list just cuz it had the most words but I suspect by definition it won't have modern words so I may try another list.
Maniac

25 Jul 2016, 06:04

Great, glad you got it working for you! (sorry for the late response, I must have missed the email notification).
f2430447mvrht

09 Aug 2016, 15:11

I have a question, a request and a contribution.

1. Question:

Does TypingAid prompt the word choices based on how they are ordered and organized in the Wordlist.txt? If the words listed on top of the Wordlist.txt, they will also also be listed on top while inputting using TypingAid?

If that is the case, a Wordlist.txt organized by word frequency is definitely needed, as the users will spent way less time in selecting which word they actually want to choose. I found I am using too much time selecting the word I need. The most frequently used words and its varieties, should be always be listed on top of the selection box.

2. Request:

How to check the word frequency? The answer is using Google search results. For example, the search of the word 'Linux' yielded about 403,000,000 results, while the word 'Microsoft' yielded about 973,000,000 results. So in the Wordlist.txt file, Microsoft should be put on top of Linux.

I am not a programmer, but I think the idea of composing a Wordlist based on the frequencies of usage is easy:
  • a) use a script to read one word from the alphabetically sorted Wordlist
    b) make a query of the word to Google
    c) compare the the number of results with the next query from Google
    d) if the number is larger than the previous one, put it on top of the previous query, if smaller, put it below the previous query
    e) arrange the words according to the results in a new .CSV file, with the queries in one column and the number of results in a different column side by side.
    This CSV file can be imported into MS Excel and sorted again if necessary, since the number of results are recorded side by side with the word itsself.
    f) we have a nice .txt file with words organized according to their frequencies of usage
However, I don't know how to program, but I think this should be fairly easy to do.
@Maniac @rommmcek
Can you guys implement it?

3. Contribution

If there is a very large Wordlist.txt file, and you only want to keep the words that have 7 letters or above, you can run this Unix/Linux command to produce a list which only contains words with 7 letters or more.

Code: Select all

sort -u wordlist.txt | awk 'length($0) > 7'

Of course, you can change the number 7 to whatever number you prefer and produce the list of words with the right lengths to your liking.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”