Block all keyboard input except PgUp and PgDn.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
momo2000

Block all keyboard input except PgUp and PgDn.

29 Apr 2016, 13:52

I’ve got a laptop that will sit in a public space. People can view a PDF that will be loaded and already on the screen. I need a script that will disable/ignore ALL keyboard except PgUp and PgDn, so that they may view the PDF. I need to ignore all mouse input (buttons mostly, I don’t care if the mouse moves on the screen) except those two.

QUESTION: Is there a way to globally block all keys, and then allow/whitelist the TWO EXCEPTIONS? OR, so I have to go unallow/blacklist EVERY other combination I can think of (as in the script below). I’m just sure I will miss some.
My current script is below (forked from the 3rd post here: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/8448 ... some-keys/)

Code: Select all

#SingleInstance force
Lwin::Return
Rwin::Return
BackSpace::Return
Delete::Return
Escape::Return
Lbutton::Return
Mbutton::Return
HotKeyIt

Re: Block all keyboard input except PgUp and PgDn.

29 Apr 2016, 14:54

Try:

Loop {
	Input,v,,{PGDN}{PGUP}
	If InStr(ErrorLevel,"EndKey")
		Send % "{" SubStr(ErrorLevel,8) "}"
}
LButton::
MButton::
RButton::
momo2000

29 Apr 2016, 15:29

WOW, yes, that is it! I never would have thought to come at it from that "angle". Nice. I'll go test for all keys, and see if I can figure any way around it . . . as I know folks will try lots of things . . . so I better try them first ;)
Exaskryz

29 Apr 2016, 15:40

It isn't foolproof. Ctrl+Alt+Delete is probably still going to work. I don't think there is any particular way to prevent that, or interacting with it.

I did find that if you use Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Task Manager can be brought up and interacted with. Then AHK can be shut down. If you run the script as administrator, it stops that. However, I don't know how you would exit the script then. Using a single hotkey like the following script worked for me, but I'd imagine you'd like to have a combination hotkey or even a password to enter... I suppose that you can parse the v string for the value of the password and Exit the App, like this:

password:="unlock"
Loop {
	Input,v,,{PGDN}{PGUP}
        If InStr(v,password)
                ExitApp
	If InStr(ErrorLevel,"EndKey")
		Send % "{" SubStr(ErrorLevel,8) "}"
}
LButton::
MButton::
RButton::
Just tested that, and it seems to work. Type the password in quotes and that is what needs to be typed (at any point in time) before a PgUp or PgDn is sent to unlock it.
momo2000

29 Apr 2016, 17:24

Thanks, that gets me closer. The addition of:

LWin Up:: Return 
that eliminates the Windows key. It seems that I have everything blocked but the CTRL-ALT-DEL, so still working on that. Ideas welcome.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”