AutoGUI - Script Editor, GUI Designer, Debugger and Tools

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
kczx3

Re: AutoGUI - GUI Designer and Script Editor

11 May 2016, 10:02

gallaxhar wrote:Suggestion:
A hide-able/show-able panel on the left (like the Design Mode toolbox) that instead contains a list of function names in the current script. Upon clicking them, you jump to the line in the script editor that starts that function.
+1
gallaxhar

11 May 2016, 11:03

kczx3 wrote:
gallaxhar wrote:Suggestion:
A hide-able/show-able panel on the left (like the Design Mode toolbox) that instead contains a list of function names in the current script. Upon clicking them, you jump to the line in the script editor that starts that function.
+1
The pane should have multiple tabs, one for labels (to jump to labels), one for functions (to jump to functions), one for variables (when chosen in the panel, all instances of that variable name are background-highlighted yellow in the script editor), and one tab for commands used in the current script (when chosen in the panel, all of the instances of that command in the script are background-highlighted yellow)

In a later update, there should be a debugging pane which lets you execute line by line, showing the contents of variables, the number of times each function has been called, and the number of times each label has been fired

Suggestion:
Menu option to "pretty format" ahk code in the script editor, which fixes indentation

Suggestion:
Ability to view more than one script at the same time in AutoGUI (like sublimetext)
gallaxhar

14 May 2016, 20:14

The Menu Creator does not work in the latest build:
After you add a "Submenu" to a context menu, via the GUI builder, and try to preview or add it to the script, you get an error that the target label doesn't exist.
gallaxhar

14 May 2016, 20:44

Sigh, upon further inspection, the menu builder is extremely buggy, and unusable for anything but maybe 4 or 5 items.
If you add a separator to a menu item, and then delete it, the entire menu is bugged and wont preview or work when you click OK
What's more, lets say you added 100 menu items, if you accidentally "break" it and run into this problem, you lose all of that work.

I ran into about 4 different ways to make it lose my work in the span of 15 minutes.
kczx3

14 May 2016, 21:53

gallaxhar wrote:Sigh, upon further inspection, the menu builder is extremely buggy, and unusable for anything but maybe 4 or 5 items.
If you add a separator to a menu item, and then delete it, the entire menu is bugged and wont preview or work when you click OK
What's more, lets say you added 100 menu items, if you accidentally "break" it and run into this problem, you lose all of that work.

I ran into about 4 different ways to make it lose my work in the span of 15 minutes.
I understand you're trying to help but you do remember this is a project that is being provided free of charge? If you find something you don't like or that's 'broken', try and fix it and see if maybe the OP would merge your changes.
Alguimist

15 May 2016, 00:42

@gallaxhar: Replace line 278 of AutoGUI\Include\MenuEditor.ahk with:

Code: Select all

Menu %Parent%, Add, %CmdText%, % (SubStr(Command, 1, 1) == ":") ? Command : "MenuHandler", %Options%
oldbrother

15 May 2016, 05:34

@Alguimist: Wow. Great job! You make me love Autohotkey and our community even more. Are you going to add debug functions to the editor?
oldbrother

15 May 2016, 05:42

Suggestion:

Add "double click to insert" or a "insert" button to the A_Variables window.
Snap2.jpg
guest3456

15 May 2016, 12:34

kczx3 wrote:
gallaxhar wrote:Sigh, upon further inspection, the menu builder is extremely buggy, and unusable for anything but maybe 4 or 5 items.

I understand you're trying to help but you do remember this is a project that is being provided free of charge? If you find something you don't like or that's 'broken', try and fix it and see if maybe the OP would merge your changes.
exactly.

gallaxhar

15 May 2016, 12:36

I wish I could do things like that, like fix bugs in other peoples huge AHK programs, but I'm too newb. Whenever I get good at AHK and I will one day, I'll definitely do things like that to projects as cool as this. (Im not a programmer by trade, I only know AHK and maybe a bit of html)
gallaxhar

15 May 2016, 12:41

Alguimist, your line 278 patch worked for the separator, however all I did was continually add nested menu items with the display name "test", no other options checked, no submenu options checked, and I got this error upon clicking preview. OK button doesn't work either. I will try and fix this myself but I wouldn't hold my breath..

The cool thing is if I remove some menu items to make it look like this, at least it works again, so all work is not irreversibly lost now

guest3456

15 May 2016, 12:48

gallaxhar wrote:I wish I could do things like that, like fix bugs in other peoples huge AHK programs, but I'm too newb. Whenever I get good at AHK and I will one day, I'll definitely do things like that to projects as cool as this. (Im not a programmer by trade, I only know AHK and maybe a bit of html)
if you admit that you're not very good at AHK, then perhaps you should tone down your entitled complaints about "losing your work" etc and instead be appreciative of a free tool that helps you

gallaxhar

15 May 2016, 12:57

I am appreciative, as I have raved about this project for months now, publicly in this thread, and I'm the only one who even gave it a raving review on sourceforge a long time ago

When something goes wrong, I give feedback, or criticism, this isn't to shame the developer, or just to complain, it's to give feedback, to make the project better. I am a newb, when it comes to other peoples large projects, advanced topics, or stuff like that, but I have my own projects to help my work, and if something is wrong in some code I make, I would love to know about it, I imagine other people if they love their projects would like to know too. The truth is the menu builder was not functioning well at all, he made it function way better in one-line patch. I'm surprised because the new menu version has been implemented for about 6 versions now, and I'm the only one who seems to have thoroughly tested/used it for a real world non-trivial case and ran into these problems, so maybe instead of attacking the users who actually contribute feedback, go do something productive yourself.
gallaxhar

15 May 2016, 13:33

I've identified the menu problem now is identical command names for submenu items, when the command name is left blank
I'm not sure how to fix it, maybe an auto-incrementing ID number should automatically populate the command edit box upon menu item creation?
gallaxhar

15 May 2016, 13:58

For some reason menu items are not displaying in the correct order on the preview, and are not added in the correct order to the script after pressing OK

the order appears to go haywire after the first SEPARATOR
Alguimist

16 May 2016, 00:57

@oldbrother: It is a planned feature.

@gallaxhar: Could you please provide a detailed description on how to reproduce the error with separators? The problem with submenus doesn't occur if different submenu names are defined for each one. If the field is left blank, a menu name is generated based on the display name without checking if it is already in use by another menu.
guest3456

17 May 2016, 23:03

gallaxhar wrote: When something goes wrong, I give feedback, or criticism, this isn't to shame the developer, or just to complain, it's to give feedback, to make the project better. I am a newb, when it comes to other peoples large projects, advanced topics, or stuff like that, but I have my own projects to help my work, and if something is wrong in some code I make, I would love to know about it, I imagine other people if they love their projects would like to know too. The truth is the menu builder was not functioning well at all, he made it function way better in one-line patch. I'm surprised because the new menu version has been implemented for about 6 versions now, and I'm the only one who seems to have thoroughly tested/used it for a real world non-trivial case and ran into these problems, so maybe instead of attacking the users who actually contribute feedback, go do something productive yourself.
fair enough, you make good points here, my bad

sawfish

19 May 2016, 07:16

Bug Report:

If I use gui font to change font style for all controls in a window, they couldn't be changed in AutoGUI.
need4speed

24 May 2016, 06:33

i've tried the window cloning tool with this
https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/2957 ... ons/page-2
the clone result is differrent eg in Attention 2, minimize is shown, buttom Buttons are misplaced, Picture is missing.
is this a known issue or a known Limitation?
need4speed

03 Jun 2016, 06:29

A_ScriptDir is always temp not the actual path where the script resides:

Code: Select all

SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
msgbox, %A_ScriptDir%
this might be a known but profund limitation especially when working with ini-files or Icon.

Return to “Old Topics”