Why do you use AHK?

Talk about anything
Jovannb

Re: Why do you use AHK?

22 Apr 2016, 08:15

Hi,

we have

# Company-Address-Database which dials that numbers direct via Phone-system or open Emails in Outlook, exports complete address-data to outlook on demand, access-database behind

# saving Emails to Email-Archiv as PDF

# export marked appointments from users Outlook-Calendar and shows that appoinment for all others in company (we have no Exchange)

# elabortes our project numbers (out of excel sheets) and creates project-structure on our file server for each new project

# gets all work-schedule data from an external source (via soap/wsdl) and produces final excel sheets on demand

# checks file server every night for greater changes on our structure - new directories, deleted directories, directory increase/decrease - and stores that in an access-database

# template handling companywide for excel and so on - all users reach the same templates via shared structure

# produce a database regarding each project (in file structure on server) file size and shows it centrally

# complete backup handling for our server to external usb-drives with notification, scheduling ...

and much more which is all based on some AHK-Scripts, elaborated within 5-6 years.

J.B.
AHK: 1.1.37.01 Ansi, 32-Bit; Win10 22H2 64 bit, german
joedf

23 Apr 2016, 21:01

Very nice :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
SvenBent

01 May 2016, 14:40

coolykoen wrote:
SvenBent wrote:The main script i use mostly is my CPU priority enhancer. It makes sure whatever program I'm currently in gets above normal CPU priority so im able to play games even thoug I'm doing heavy brute force compression in the background.
May i ask if you still have the source of that script? I'm very interested :P
I do but its not Open source :)

The program is however free
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/CPU- ... cury.shtml

Please not currently do to a typo. it doesn't work on a lot of machines. I'm currently about to put out next version with it fixed and some other GUI improvements

IMHO it pretty nifty. it uses less memmory then any alternative program out there and also it respondes faster because its not based on a looping timed check.
and also its reduce minimize program to below normal priority
joedf

02 May 2016, 10:34

My Win10 blocks it and says Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.C!cl :b
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
SvenBent

06 May 2016, 15:25

:problem:
joedf wrote:My Win10 blocks it and says Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.C!cl :b
Probably false positive due to internal compression (mpress)
Try using virustotal.

Also the linked version had a typo in it in critical spot so it doesn't always work.
Fixed version is comming up this weekend
coolykoen

07 May 2016, 10:47

SvenBent wrote: I do but its not Open source :)

The program is however free
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/CPU- ... cury.shtml
Too bad it isn't open source :P But tnx it seems like a really nice addon to any standard windows installation :)
SvenBent

08 May 2016, 23:57

Jest letting you know that i fixed the bug in the old version Project Mercury and made some changes to the GUI

V1.2.4.0
- New Settings GUI
- Increased CPU priorty level can now be adjusted and saved
- Fixed typo Ballon to Balloon

Can download it from www.techcenter.dk
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/CPU- ... cury.shtml should be updated withing 24 hours

coolykoen wrote: Too bad it isn't open source :P But tnx it seems like a really nice addon to any standard windows installation :)
It makes a huge difference for me since i sometimes have my PC running for week nonstop on compression task and I'm still able to play games with this utility.
florisvos

28 May 2016, 15:01

Everytime I get a office job I use it to automate my work so I can daydream the day away from 9 to 5.

AHK is fine, it was easy to learn so I never bothered with something else.

I share my scripts with collegaes, and can easily make the scripts perfect according to their wishes in a matter of minutes.

Right now I got a few scripts that make accounts for mobile phone users, where they can see their invoices. There's one script getting the requests from outlook. Then I got an excel sheet that does some V-lookupping in our main database. Then there's some hotkeys for validating data, and finally making the accounts, making log-files etc.

I'm also working on a big GUI that can replace my desktop. Main reason to start making it was the fact that we can't change our background picture at the company. But more importantly I could do all kinds of usefull stuff like making a little notepad (like stickynotes but better), building in little chat screen, and who knows what else.

The only thing is that sometimes it feels like I'm wasting my time because when I don't have an office job I almost never use computers :P But I enjoy programming.
17kimv

03 Jul 2016, 13:46

So I wanned to make a bot that would make dank memes for me, guess who spams redit 24/7 now. jk jk it failed. D:
Look MA! I am a programmer! :superhappy:
Elesar

05 Jul 2016, 13:15

I found AHK back in the Battle Field 2 days, and learned bit making a script for a temporarily disabled friend so he could continue playing.

Since then, I have automated several tasks at different jobs around the country in a few different industries.

The only public script that I use on a regular basis is Columbus by Run1e: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3478

Everything else I use currently is written by myself for my current job, and is normally pretty specialized to a specific task (parsing an odd file, monitoring server backups and uptimes, etc.)

Some scripts that I have that could probably be made public if I bothered are:
  • IP Scanner (Similar to Angry IP but doesn't require Java :D )
    Visual remote host up/down indicator (pings a remote host every n seconds and shows red/green, handles 200+ hosts at a time)
    Visual backup monitor (queues windows logs for backup completion time and results, shows red/green)
    SSH Launcher (LV that displays SSH hosts name/description/IP, Doublclick a host to launch putty to that host - because I'm lazy and can't remember stuff :P )
One of these days I'll get around to cleaning some of them up and releasing them, but not yet...

06 Jul 2016, 06:29

SvenBent wrote::problem:
joedf wrote:My Win10 blocks it and says Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.C!cl :b
Probably false positive due to internal compression (mpress)
Try using virustotal.

Also the linked version had a typo in it in critical spot so it doesn't always work.
Fixed version is comming up this weekend

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”