Thanks tank!

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
tank

Re: Thanks tank!

02 Oct 2013, 08:35

Jethrow and I have had great fun with name changes. I leave it to the MODS to decide.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Hamlet

02 Oct 2013, 10:13

I'm here too.

Thanks !
감사합니다.
comvox

04 Oct 2013, 16:53

Thanks so much, tank. Your action is allowing the community to find its voice again, and thank you to the other ahk'ers who are building up the new forum. I'm still just an elementary user of mainly ahk-basic (or rather, the subset of it and ahk-l that I call ahk-common). I started using ahk not simply because of the program in itself - I've had a great deal of trouble learning various ahk features - but because of the wonderful community; the scripts they post for others to use and modify as needed; and the help they go out of their way to render to others. Poly showed a lack of respect for the entire community, whatever version of ahk any particular person was using. The time had come when talk had to be supplemented by action, and thanks so much for devoting the time and effort to that action.
ErrorOnLine2

01 Nov 2013, 06:06

@tank

Thanks for making the AHK forum usable again.
sebastian___

11 Jan 2014, 02:17

Thank God for the new forums.

I have no idea why this new forum was set up, but I returned after some time on the official autohotkey forums and I found it difficult to use because of weird super small fonts, very light gray text on white pages (ie difficult to read), missing Expand Collapse from the scripts option, and on top of that - the usual annoying new breed of users praising the new forums for being "stylish" . These days - lack of functionality, low contrast and visibility = stylish and "clean" :)
fincs

11 Jan 2014, 06:43

sebastian___ wrote:Thank God for the new forums.

I have no idea why this new forum was set up, but I returned after some time on the official autohotkey forums and I found it difficult to use because of weird super small fonts, very light gray text on white pages (ie difficult to read), missing Expand Collapse from the scripts option, and on top of that - the usual annoying new breed of users praising the new forums for being "stylish" . These days - lack of functionality, low contrast and visibility = stylish and "clean" :)
Welcome back to the AutoHotkey community. You may want to read "About ahkscript.org".
fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]
JamixZol

21 Jan 2014, 23:07

I've been away from AHK for a few months now and came back to all the recent happenings. I gotta say, my eyes sighed in relief when I got here and saw the old style phpBB boards again. Realistically, I'd like to stay here forever, just like it is, no fancy pants css boards etc.
Rebuilding the code base isn't that big a deal considering all the files got nuked a while back anyway, and it's just testament to how strong the AHK community is IMO. Thanks for setting this up Tank, even if it ends up being temporary, it's nice to see the AHK forums the way they were when I first found them. Functional and full of good people. :D
We all float down here...
tank

22 Jan 2014, 09:19

no problem Its here to stay.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
TLM

22 Jan 2014, 12:16

wb JamixZol :D
iirc you were the goto Mac guy right ??
joedf

22 Jan 2014, 13:25

Or why not use all 3? :)
Mac, Linux, Windows :D
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”