Traytip, variables, and little help with If arguments

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
LiveFyre

Traytip, variables, and little help with If arguments

23 Jul 2016, 02:43

So, I'm trying to do a very simple test script. I already have the code to set the variables using ImageSearch, but I'm wondering if I can do this somehow..

Code: Select all

Traytip, Test, "I am seeing " If VariableOne = 1 { %VariableOne% } Else If VariableTwo = 1 { %VariableTwo% } " on screen currently.
Or would it be better (and by that, I mean comparatively less code) to just set multiple possible Traytips based on which variable isn't 0?

Also, I have done some scripting work in Lua before.. does ahk have anything that would look like..

if(Variable==[amount] { do this } else { do that }
Or am I already close? If/Else haven't been kind to me in this program. x_x
Masonjar13

Re: Traytip, variables, and little help with If arguments

23 Jul 2016, 04:33

If statements are not contained on one line.

if(variable=amount){
; do stuff
}else{
; do other stuff
}
Read through the tutorial to understand the syntax.
Last edited by Masonjar13 on 23 Jul 2016, 19:25, edited 2 times in total.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build
wolf_II

23 Jul 2016, 07:22

Try this:

Var1 = 1 ; (un)comment this line
Var2 = 1
TrayTip, Test, % "I am seeing " (Var1=1 ? "Var1" : Var2=1 ? "Var2" : "neither") " on screen currently."
MsgBox,,,, 5
I hope that helps.
LiveFyre

23 Jul 2016, 13:13

Ahhh, thank you wolf! That's perfect.

Mason, I had already tried something like that. Maybe I need to update my AHK version? It kept complaining about not being able to find the initial If when I did as you're suggesting.. and when I tried to have the bracket on the same line as the If.

Edit: Okay.. after putting the snippit into actual testing (and getting some sleep which I'm sure made a difference), I wanted to ask, is there a way to have it output the variable as plain text, or skip it if nothing is found? Like..

TrayTip, Test, % "I am seeing " (var1? "%var1%" : "nothing") " on screen currently."
where Var1 is set earlier in the code via ImageSearch functionality, up to 3. Or do I have to break that up into 3 separate variables and have the traytip check for each? Trying to avoid the latter because that just feels like sloppy code. =\
hunter99

23 Jul 2016, 15:00

Hi LiveFyre;
Maybe this? This will show you what is in the Vars, I take it that is is what you want to know.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
Var1 = 3 ; (un)comment this line
Var2 = 2
TrayTip, Test, I am seeing Var1 = %Var1%`nI am seeing Var2 = %Var2% 

;the %Vars% gives the contents. Show as many Vars as you want.
;change the text to what you want, the `n gives a new line, leave out for one lone line.

MsgBox,,,, 5

hunter99

EDIT: Reread your orig. post, think maybe you are going to check a ton of vars.
If so you may be better off doing the logic in the script , loading result to a var and using that in TrayTip.
Guess what I would like to know is how many variables will you want to look at.
Masonjar13

23 Jul 2016, 17:52

LiveFyre wrote:

TrayTip, Test, % "I am seeing " (var1? "%var1%" : "nothing") " on screen currently."
Close.

TrayTip, Test, % "I am seeing " (var1? var1 : "nothing") " on screen currently."
lexikos

23 Jul 2016, 18:50

Masonjar13 wrote:If statements are not contained on one line.
AHK is a C/C++ written interpreter, and the methodology has close similarities.
That's confusing. I suppose you mean "The AHK interpreter was written in C++", but that's irrelevant - it could be written in C or ASM and still parse exactly the same syntax. I would not assume that the language was in any way based on C/C++ just because the program was written in C++.

The AutoHotkey language has some similarities to C/C++, but bringing that up here makes little sense. C/C++ does not require you to use line breaks in most cases.
Masonjar13

23 Jul 2016, 19:24

lexikos wrote:That's confusing. I suppose you mean "The AHK interpreter was written in C++", but that's irrelevant - it could be written in C or ASM and still parse exactly the same syntax. I would not assume that the language was in any way based on C/C++ just because the program was written in C++.

The AutoHotkey language has some similarities to C/C++, but bringing that up here makes little sense. C/C++ does not require you to use line breaks in most cases.
That is what I meant, and no, it doesn't make sense. I felt like I meant to add to that (more specific), but I forgot to? I don't remember. I'll redact that.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”