#Requires AutoHotkey >=2.0 and the launcher Topic is solved

Propose new features and changes
JoeSchmoe

#Requires AutoHotkey >=2.0 and the launcher

Post by JoeSchmoe » 28 Mar 2023, 08:26

In the following code, if you uncomment the first line, the launcher doesn't ask you which version of Autohotkey you want to use. If, instead, you uncomment the second line, it does ask you which version of Autohotkey you would like to use.

Code: Select all

;#Requires AutoHotkey v2.0
;#Requires AutoHotkey >=2.0  ; https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v2/lib/_Requires.htm
;#Requires AutoHotkey >=2.0 <3.0 
MsgBox "Hi"
For noob-friendliness and general functionality, I'd like to add to the wishlist that >=2.0 automatically selects the executable with the highest version number that satisfies the string.

Thank you for everything you do to make this amazing software product! (and thank you to the community as well!)

JoeSchmoe

Re: #Requires AutoHotkey >=2.0 and the launcher

Post by JoeSchmoe » 28 Mar 2023, 08:57

Thanks! I wasn't sure whether to put it here:
viewtopic.php?p=514645

Here is a justification for calling it a feature request rather than a bug. This post is about the behavior of the launcher (which chooses executables), not the #request directive (which causes a chosen executable to display an error). It seems natural for the launcher to respect the full syntax of the #request directive, but, to my knowledge, no documentation has claimed that the launcher's use of #request is fully as sophisticated as #request itself is. We'd naturally like it to be, of course, but that may not be a development priority. I'm adding it as an official feature request on the wish list.

Or maybe things that are already discussed in Github issues shouldn't be mentioned here. If so, this thread should likely be deleted. :)

lexikos

Re: #Requires AutoHotkey >=2.0 and the launcher  Topic is solved

Post by lexikos » 29 Jun 2023, 21:22

This was implemented in v2.0.3.

JoeSchmoe

Re: #Requires AutoHotkey >=2.0 and the launcher

Post by JoeSchmoe » 24 Jul 2023, 21:30

Thank you!!

Return to “Wish List”