Unidentified part of script affecting size of window of opened not related program

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
A Keymaker

Unidentified part of script affecting size of window of opened not related program

Post by A Keymaker » 08 Jun 2022, 15:47

[Moderator's note: Topic moved from Bug Reports.]

I am new to AutoHotkey. I started combining various little key bindings into one AHK that is suppose to combat various bugs, limitations and inability to change key shortcuts in different pieces of software and operating system. And it runs as an Autostart feature of my Windows

Unfortunately I am currently experiencing problems with GUI: sometimes when start a program, instead of opening as a full window its gets shown from the get-go as shrunk to half its height and slightly moved to the right side - and thus I have to click Maximize icon to switch from such Restore Down mode. I run [almost] all my programs maximized and close them as such; and many of them have [through various means] a setting applied to them of having to open as maximized

And so something is clearly affecting their behavior - and the only recent addition to my operating system was a x64 version of Mp3tag [in place of a 32-bit version] and this auto-starting script of mine. And as method of elimination would take too long [i.e. I would take weeks to cut out elements of that code and then run it in a truncated version, awaiting for the issue to happen and not knowing when to stop another test] while on the other hand I need that script for my daily operations and I am constantly upgrading it - thus my question is:

Is there a known AutoHotkey bug of such kind? Or what could I look for in my AHK file that could potentially governs windows at large?

The peculiar thing with this unwanted behavior is that I never know when and what software will be affected and [was is even more important] often a program succumbing to this is not even [in theory] mentioned in any way in that script. So this would right away eliminate the AutoHotkey and / or that peculiar AHK file as culprit, right? But then again, Mp3tag also has nothing to do with others programs - and yet most likely one these two [three] is causing this annoying issue

I am running AutoHotkey 1.1.34.02 installed as 64-bit on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 along with Mp3tag 3.16 x64

A Keymaker

Re: Unidentified part of script affecting size of window of opened not related program

Post by A Keymaker » 04 Jul 2022, 18:10

For now this issue seems to be gone from my system

Reason: unknown

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”