Report problems with documented functionality
tuzi

a hotkey bug.

Post by tuzi » 16 May 2022, 01:18

Code: Select all

>^[::
send ^c[^v]
return
if press Rctrl+[ , it will double click ctrl.

the pic show why.
1.png
1.png (11.61 KiB) Viewed 807 times
ahk 1.1.34.02

lexikos

Re: a hotkey bug.

Post by lexikos » 24 May 2022, 17:16

It might seem unnecessary to send LCtrl when RCtrl is already down, but how does this constitute a bug?

It does not "double click ctrl". You press RCtrl once, then Send presses Ctrl as instructed, and releases modifiers that aren't part of the Send. When you double tap a key, you release the key before pressing it again. It doesn't even do that; it presses RCtrl before it releases LCtrl.

tuzi

Post by tuzi » 26 May 2022, 02:53

lexikos wrote:
24 May 2022, 17:16
It might seem unnecessary to send LCtrl when RCtrl is already down, but how does this constitute a bug?

It does not "double click ctrl". You press RCtrl once, then Send presses Ctrl as instructed, and releases modifiers that aren't part of the Send. When you double tap a key, you release the key before pressing it again. It doesn't even do that; it presses RCtrl before it releases LCtrl.
i think it should releses RCtrl first, then send LCtrl.

lexikos

Post by lexikos » 27 May 2022, 07:00

Why?

And again, how does this constitute a bug?

Send is specifically designed to release and press modifiers in an order that minimizes the risk of the Start menu from popping up or the window menu being focused. This requires pressing some modifiers before releasing others, although not in this case. I have not encountered any reason for it to overlap the Ctrl keys with each other, but neither have I encountered any reason for it to avoid doing that.

Any change to the order that modifiers are pressed or released has a high risk of causing issues.

Return to “Bug Reports”