[v2.0-beta.7] Preferred interpreter doesn’t stay changed in Launch Config GUI after closing its window Topic is solved

Report problems with documented functionality
NovaChromatic

[v2.0-beta.7] Preferred interpreter doesn’t stay changed in Launch Config GUI after closing its window

Post by NovaChromatic » 08 Aug 2022, 18:22

Steps to reproduce
  1. Download a version lower than your current one via the download page of AutoHotkey
  • Extract the folder to C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey
  • Select "Launch settings"
  • In "Preferred interpreter by major version", select the "Latest 2.x" drop-down menu
  • Select the version you downloaded
  • Close the "AutoHotkey Launch Config" window
  • Select "Launch settings" again
Notice that the preferred interpreter didn't change. It still says "Latest 2.x". However, if you now run a script, A_AhkVersion is the version you downloaded.

P.S. Is it Launch Settings or Launch Config? Also, I can't seem to get the numbered nor alphabetical lists to work on the forum.

TAC109

Re: [v2.0-beta.7] Preferred interpreter doesn’t stay changed in Launch Config GUI after closing its window

Post by TAC109 » 08 Aug 2022, 19:46

My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe

lexikos

Re: [v2.0-beta.7] Preferred interpreter doesn’t stay changed in Launch Config GUI after closing its window

Post by lexikos » 09 Aug 2022, 03:06

This was fixed a few weeks ago, but there hasn't been an AutoHotkey release to update it. The UX scripts can be updated by downloading them from GitHub and running install.ahk.

Return to “Bug Reports”