"Run as admin" and "Run with UI access" Explorer's context menu items ignore the launch settings Topic is solved

Report problems with documented functionality
CoolCmd

"Run as admin" and "Run with UI access" Explorer's context menu items ignore the launch settings

Post by CoolCmd » 30 Jan 2023, 06:15

"Run as admin" and "Run with UI access" Explorer's context menu items always use the launcher, even if I selected "Run all scripts with a specific interpreter" in "AutoHotkey Launch Config". Technically, launcher.ahk sets HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoHotkeyScript\Shell\Open\Command, but forgets about HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoHotkeyScript\Shell\RunAs\Command and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoHotkeyScript\Shell\UIAccess\Command.

lexikos

Re: "Run as admin" and "Run with UI access" Explorer's context menu items ignore the launch settings

Post by lexikos » 15 Feb 2023, 02:00

This was intentional, but anyone is free to submit a pull request if they wish for the behaviour to be changed.

CoolCmd

Re: "Run as admin" and "Run with UI access" Explorer's context menu items ignore the launch settings

Post by CoolCmd » 15 Feb 2023, 03:59

On my machine i refused from using slow and buggy launcher. All V1 scripts was renamed to *.ahk1 and some code was added to the registry.

Return to “Bug Reports”