ESC on mouse wheel will disable drag and drop in windows 10

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
OG Dutchy

ESC on mouse wheel will disable drag and drop in windows 10

Post by OG Dutchy » 06 Dec 2021, 02:33

I first posted this in the "ask for help section but got no replies

Title says it all. It took me a while to narrow down on the cause, but this is definitely it. It seems to be a memory issue of some sort. Pressing esc on the keyboard will clear some action from the memory and drag and drop will start working again. This is a major annoyance since the program i work with requires a lot of dragging and dropping and will cease to do so, sometimes even completely freeze or crash the program (Solidworks CAD).

the way i use the hotkey is like this:

Code: Select all

XButton2 & WheelDown::Esc
Looking forward to some much needed help

Dutchy

swagfag

Re: ESC on mouse wheel will disable drag and drop in windows 10

Post by swagfag » 25 Jan 2022, 04:24

if u didnt get no replies, the title probably didnt say it all then

XButton2 & WheelDown::Esc is a remapping
remappings expand to

*a::
SetKeyDelay -1   ; If the destination key is a mouse button, SetMouseDelay is used instead.
Send {Blind}{b DownR}  ; DownR is like Down except that other Send commands in the script won't assume "b" should stay down during their Send.
return

*a up::
SetKeyDelay -1  ; See note below for why press-duration is not specified with either of these SetKeyDelays.
Send {Blind}{b up}
return
mouse WheelXXX dont have "up" counterparts(for obvious reasons, u cant "hold down" one mouse scroll, nor can u "release" it. its a quantized event), so urs becomes just

*XButton2 & WheelDown::
SetKeyDelay -1   ; If the destination key is a mouse button, SetMouseDelay is used instead.
Send {Blind}{Esc DownR}  ; DownR is like Down except that other Send commands in the script won't assume "b" should stay down during their Send.
return
ie u activate the hotkey, Esc stays down. solution: if u have mousewheel hotkeys, dont use remappings, use Send {Esc} instead.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”