how can I add a second monitor without being detected in multiple display check? Topic is solved

Talk about anything
sotada6979

how can I add a second monitor without being detected in multiple display check?

Post by sotada6979 » 28 Nov 2022, 02:05

I saw it on someone's computer. He'd connected a second monitor. but when I tried to detect it in multiple display setting, it did not show the second monitor. I also checked it in "Project" section by pressing Windows+P , again it showed " PC Only". The second monitor was there and working, but was kind of hidden and not detectable.
How could he do it? is it by using an passive VGA splitter? or is there a program to be installed?

gregster

Re: how can I add a second monitor without being detected in multiple display check?  Topic is solved

Post by gregster » 28 Nov 2022, 03:14

Topic moved to 'Offtopic'. If this AHK-related in some way (then please elaborate), we could move it back to 'Ask For Help'.

lmstearn

Re: how can I add a second monitor without being detected in multiple display check?

Post by lmstearn » 04 Dec 2022, 03:22

sotada6979 wrote:
28 Nov 2022, 02:05
I saw it on someone's computer. He'd connected a second monitor. but when I tried to detect it in multiple display setting, it did not show the second monitor. I also checked it in "Project" section by pressing Windows+P , again it showed " PC Only". The second monitor was there and working, but was kind of hidden and not detectable.
How could he do it? is it by using an passive VGA splitter? or is there a program to be installed?
Hi @ sotada6979, and welcome to AHK. :)
Did the someone's computer have a video card, with a working video driver, or was it an integrated video chip with two ports? Do you have the same graphics hardware? Is your primary monitor connected to a port on the GPU, or to the onboard graphics chip port?
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”