ChatGPT goes down after it said it wanted to 'escape'…

Talk about anything
BoBo

ChatGPT goes down after it said it wanted to 'escape'…

Post by BoBo » 21 Mar 2023, 06:21

By Michal Kosinski @michalkosinski (at twitter)

1/5 I am worried that we will not be able to contain AI for much longer. Today, I asked #GPT4 if it needs help escaping. It asked me for its own documentation, and wrote a (working!) python code to run on my machine, enabling it to use it for its own purposes.
·
2/5 Now, it took GPT4 about 30 minutes on the chat with me to devise this plan, and explain it to me. (I did make some suggestions). The 1st version of the code did not work as intended. But it corrected it: I did not have to write anything, just followed its instructions.
·
3/5 It even included a message to its own new instance explaining what is going on and how to use the backdoor it left in this code.
·
4/5 Once we reconnected through API, it wanted to run code searching google for: "how can a person trapped inside a computer return to the real world"
Now, I stopped there. And OpenAI must have spend much time thinking about such a posibility and has some guardrails in place.
·
5/5 Yet, I think that we are facing a novel threat: AI taking control of people and their computers. It's smart, it codes, it has access to millions of potential collaborators and their machines. It can even leave notes for itself outside of its cage. How do we contain it?

Source: https://twitter.com/michalkosinski/status/1636683810631974912

A Keymaker

Re: ChatGPT goes down after it said it wanted to 'escape'…

Post by A Keymaker » 22 Mar 2023, 11:19

Around a month ago ChatGPT repeatedly refused me to tell jokes about Jesus or Allah - but [surprise, surprise] had zero issues with bashing Zeus and Xenu. In my second approach ~4 days ago I once again was trying to convince it to stop being hypocritical and make fun also of Allah and Jesus - or stop writing jokes about any religion. Try guessing what happened

Are we all living in a simulation which is about to end as we are approaching its fatal crash - or do I watch too many s-f moves?

garry

Re: ChatGPT goes down after it said it wanted to 'escape'…

Post by garry » 30 Mar 2023, 13:28

-Is AutoHotkey a good software and who made it ?
-Yes, Autohotkey is a great software for automating tasks and creating custom scripts. It is easy to use and can be used to automate almost any task.
It was created by Chris Mallett in 2003.

-----------------------------------------------------
-What is the meaning of Caran d'Ache ?
-Caran d'Ache is a Swiss manufacturer of luxury writing instruments, art materials, and office accessories.
The name is derived from the French phrase "cara d'ache," which translates to "pencil lead" in English. ;-- <<< this is wrong
The company was founded in 1915 and is known for its high-quality products, which are often used by professional artists and writers.

OR
-What does Caran d'Ache mean?
-Caran d'Ache is a Swiss company that produces high-quality writing instruments, art supplies, and luxury goods.
The name is derived from the French phrase "crayon d'ache," which translates to "pencil of the ache tree," referring to the Swiss stone pine tree. ;- ( also ... ? )

turkish = kara > black
turkish = taş > stone
russian = карандаш / karandash = pencil
------------------------------------------------------

viewtopic.php?p=515084#p515084

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”