Question about Dragon Naturally Speaking Topic is solved

Talk about anything
Scr1pter

Question about Dragon Naturally Speaking

Post by Scr1pter » 27 Feb 2018, 07:49

Hi guys,

I couldn't find an answer on the web.
Is it possible to use Dragon in order to execute hotkeys?
For example if I say, "Hello", can I assign that the Home key will pressed automatically?
(Virtually of course ;) )

Because if it works, it could execute AutoHotKey scripts, which would be really comfortable!
The original function of Dragon is interesting too, but for me it would be also important to start scripts.

Regards
Please use [code][/code] when posting code!
Keyboard: Logitech G PRO - Mouse: Logitech G502 LS - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - AHK version: 1.1.33.09

codybear

Re: Question about Dragon Naturally Speaking

Post by codybear » 20 Mar 2018, 15:22

It's been a handful of years since I've touched that software, so I don't really remember the technical info on how it types the characters and if AHK would be able to intercept that to trigger hotkeys. However I do remember that you can launch applications through that program so I'm sure you could either set the scripts or better yet, compile them and then set them up within the Dragon to launch and run what you need. Unfortunately I am no longer in possession of a valid license key and do not have any desire to purchase another one anytime soon for something I'm not going to use just to play around with this theory, so this is just me thinking out loud. Let me know what you think or what you find out when you try it out.

For everyone else, sorry for bumping an old-ish thread. I tend to stick to Discord and Reddit these days but still try and check back here cause I love the AHK community this place had eons ago.

Scr1pter

Re: Question about Dragon Naturally Speaking  Topic is solved

Post by Scr1pter » 13 Apr 2018, 07:00

Hi,

To answer my own question:
Yes, it's possible.
Dragon can send both hotkeys and execute files.
(Haven't tested the 2nd, though, yet I'm 99% sure it will work.)
AHK receives the hotkeys and runs scripts.

Furthermore Dragon has a sleep mode which can be used as game mode in order to avoid random/strange behaviour from Dragon.
Please use [code][/code] when posting code!
Keyboard: Logitech G PRO - Mouse: Logitech G502 LS - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - AHK version: 1.1.33.09

Nixcalo

Post by Nixcalo » 27 Apr 2021, 19:39

Hi!

@Scr1pter Why don't you tell us how it's done?

HaydenEdgell

Post by HaydenEdgell » 29 Apr 2021, 06:12

Nixcalo wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 19:39
Hi!

@Scr1pter Why don't you tell us how it's done?
Hi, it's really interesting thing!

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”