What keyboard you are using for AutoHotKey?

Talk about anything
Greast

What keyboard you are using for AutoHotKey?

Post by Greast » 14 Nov 2020, 14:32

Here you can post your keyboard that you are using for AutoHotKey. Also, if you can, post your keyboard picture :)

Greast

Re: What keyboard you are using for AutoHotKey?

Post by Greast » 14 Nov 2020, 14:48

@guest3456 , I have same laptop, but different version "Lenovo TouchPad x130e", but it's super uncomfortable for keyboard. So I am using the cheap keyboard "ICAN wk-618" for over 5 years. But soon I will be changing to a mechanical keyboard.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”
― George Bernard Shaw

guest3456

Post by guest3456 » 14 Nov 2020, 18:05

Greast wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 14:48
@guest3456 , I have same laptop, but different version "Lenovo TouchPad x130e", but it's super uncomfortable for keyboard. So I am using the cheap keyboard "ICAN wk-618" for over 5 years. But soon I will be changing to a mechanical keyboard.
Touchpad's are not the same laptop at all. Thinkpad's are renowned for having the best keyboards of all laptops.

i too will eventually go mechanical and programmable which will eliminate some of my AHK remappings since i'll just do it at the hardware level. for example, its a must for me to now have the CTRL key where it is on this laptop, whereas most keyboards have the CTRL key on the far left. but in the thinkpad location, i'm able to slide my left thumb underneath to hold CTRL for all combinations, which is way nicer

Greast

Post by Greast » 14 Nov 2020, 19:10

@guest3456 , far left ctrl are most comfortable for me. I hate how ThinkPad build a keyboard that is supply key (Fn) is on the far left side. But it's mostly preference for people, some like far-left ctrl, some like close to another key. I am using my laptop just for sharing a monitor with an HDMI, so I am not using it as an laptop.

P.s. I didn't write correctly "Lenovo TouchPad x130e", the right one -> "ThinkPad x130e".
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”
― George Bernard Shaw

tidbit

Post by tidbit » 14 Nov 2020, 19:24

QWERTY
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?

Greast

Post by Greast » 14 Nov 2020, 19:26

@tidbit
QWERTY? :)
― George Bernard Shaw

tidbit

Post by tidbit » 14 Nov 2020, 21:58

thats the kind of keyboard I use with ahk :) QWERTYUIOP{}|
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?

Greast

Post by Greast » 17 Nov 2020, 19:19

@tidbit
That's a layout :/
― George Bernard Shaw

Scr1pter

Post by Scr1pter » 18 Nov 2020, 09:38

I still use the 1st generation of the Logitech G15.
QWERTZ layout :P

I'm thinking about to replace it by the Logitech G Professional.
I don't need all the G keys anymore (thanks to AHK)
and Num block on the right side (where my mouse/touchpad is) is unergonomical.
G Pro is very compact and mechanical.

But I like the volume wheel of my G15 :think:

Cheers!
Please use [code][/code] when posting code!
Keyboard: Logitech G PRO - Mouse: Logitech G502 LS - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - AHK version: 1.1.33.09

Greast

Post by Greast » 21 Nov 2020, 19:40

@Scr1pter
Numpad keys are so comfortable and needed for me as an Autohotkey user. What is G keys? :problem: Also, is that what keyboard you want it?
image.png
image.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 6052 times
― George Bernard Shaw

Scr1pter

Post by Scr1pter » 23 Nov 2020, 06:11

Yes, that's the keyboard.
G keys are programmable keys, like the additional mouse buttons (e.g. 7 buttons).

I have a separate numblock on the left side.
So my keyboard would be centered while my mouse would still be perfectly reachable.

Regarding the missing media keys:
I found an app that turns my smartphone into a remote.
So I can connect it to my PC via USB, BT, or wlan.

P.S. Haven't tested it yet, but I'm optimistic.

Cheers!
Please use [code][/code] when posting code!
Keyboard: Logitech G PRO - Mouse: Logitech G502 LS - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - AHK version: 1.1.33.09

Greast

Post by Greast » 23 Nov 2020, 19:44

@Scr1pter
I know one for android. I have just downloaded it from the internet premium version to test it out, it's super good I could use my computer anywhere. There is a keyboard, mouse, laser pointer, joystick and some other future.

Thanks for letting me know about G keys!
― George Bernard Shaw

HuckD

Post by HuckD » 16 Mar 2021, 21:45

I use Logitech G15 keyboards with 18 macro keys built-in on my two desktops. Used them for years at work before I retired. I now spend most of my computer time on a laptop while in my recliner. I missed macros so much I started looking for solutions a few months ago. When I stumbled upon AutoHotKey I knew I'd found my answer. I also purchased a programmable keypad by Elsra (model PK-2068) from Amazon. It has 22 programmable keys and clear keycaps that allow me to print labels for each key. It works great with AutoHotKey.
Attachments
20210316_223559.jpg
20210316_223559.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 5700 times
20210316_221255.jpg
20210316_221255.jpg (897.82 KiB) Viewed 5700 times

lmstearn

Post by lmstearn » 17 Mar 2021, 09:09

The theme for the K522 made it a popular choice, and I was likewise hooked. With no G keys, this is a more compact version, a board with little more real estate might have been a better choice, as was the case with the Logitech G110 before it packed in. The software driver from the mfg crapped out, someone had a fixed version at youtube, obtained after some searching, fortunately. Here's a snapshot of the driver interface, of course the setting for the dragon could be no other than Breathe!
K522.JPG
K522.JPG (41.17 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH

TraitorJoes

Post by TraitorJoes » 29 Apr 2021, 14:40

First Post in forums. It may be a good intro for me as a new and highly optimistic AHK user. I just got a cool new laptop called the Asus Zenbook Duo (Wish I had the $ for the pro version) but the specs are quite good for the 1k I paid for it (on sale on newegg a month ago) . Its major 'gimmick' is a secondary screen down on the keyboard section, the same width as the monitor and about 4" in heigh, so an extra 4" of screen real estate on a 'secondary' display on a 14-15" laptop(depending on model). There's a couple of software side features to 'swap' the main screen down to the small and vice versa. The keyboard for me is 'fine' with the trackpad on the right side. I personally am kind of hooked on this dual-screen laptop idea, the split in the physical screen really helps me to segment my workflows and adds a really interesting challenge of 'finding' the perfect programs and settings to get really good clear information off of that smaller screen or use it as a sort of 'monitor' dashboard etc. I would love for more and 'brighter' people than myself, especially from this community looking at modifying it to work with the tech more and maybe even help develop asus's main 'software' side ideas for this technology (currently ADOBE has some 'software' that uses the second screen as a modifiable control station for a few of their programs)

I want to add that I just recently purchased and am looking into using the Hasu USB to USB converter ( https 1upkeyboards.com /shop/controllers/usb-to-usb-converter/ Broken Link for safety ) to 'ADD' a second macro keyboard and QMK firmware to ANY computer I use. The apparent 'Beauty' of using the Hasu USB-USB is that you can use almost ANY keyboard, even old macintosh, and ps2 stuff with a converter to use as an entirely macro-able keyboard. I believe it is also without the limitations of 'windows' having a few you can't alter. So fn key etc should technically be able to be bound without issue.. etc. I am very new to all of this but decent with a computer and come from a tech background so I'm looking forwards to hearing from and learning from y'all. Here's a video on the whole setup and other links in the video description to things like the QMK firmware etc: https www.youtube.com /watch?v=GZEoss4XIgc&ab_channel=LinusTechTips Broken Link for safety
Oh, btw the secondary keyboard I'm using atm to turn into a macro keyboard is the Razor Lycosa.. though I would prefer to be able to find my old G15 or something with more choice.

I want to drop this quickly here as well a question on the viability and even possibility of using triple tap and multiple key press macros?? Ultimately I would love to get to a point where I can single/double/triple and potentially more tap 'reachable' keys to launch iterations of the normal keypress macro.. so an example would be cntrl+c to 'copy'. I would like to hit cntrl+c,c to copy&paste directly to notepad or any other program I wanted without having to switch to that screen or even have the program open. I know the functions are possible with AHK and probably not too difficult to code, but my question here is more geared towards how many people use things like secondary (or multiple press) binds to single keys rather than mapping entire keyboards and doing 'layers' per se?? Can anyone point me to AHK forums/scripts or simply give me some clues as to if doing something like this is difficult or even worth it? I will eventually make this a standalone post and will try to update this with a 'link' for people to answer and take the answers already given over there personally. Thanks again!

Cheers all.

kojo

Post by kojo » 25 Oct 2021, 04:17

qwerty with black switches

Lepes

Post by Lepes » 25 Oct 2021, 06:18

Ergonomic Dactyl manuform 4x6 handwired keyboard (3D printed and wired by myself)

It's a split keyboard so my hands rest at the width of my shoulders (no contracture neither on my neck nor shoulders at the end of the day)
It's an ortogonal keyboard, so it is like a numpad keyboard where all keys are in a grid shape. The normal keyboard has its rows misplaced because typewriter need rods below each key, It's a shame that we already use that old layout when computer doesn't need anymore.

Left thumb finger is enter key, Right thumb finger is space key (the biggest vertical key), although I already have 6 keys to each thumb finger.
It's a qwerty keyboard. When I keep pressed left thumb blue keycap, I have cursors on the left hand and a Numpad on the right hand. When I keep pressed the right Thumb blue keycap, I get access to functions keys (F1-F12) and symbols. When I release those specials keys, it returns to a standar qwerty keyboard.

I didn't install LED on each key, I don't need that. I just need something that works.

I use AutoHotkey to remap keyboard/functions/macros when I use differents software. I extensively use my 18 programable mouse buttons that AutoHotkeys changes when I use Mozilla, Blender, FreeCommander (like windows explorer), notepad++ and some games.

I'm happy with it, although if I build another one, it would be a 5x6, just to have another row of keys so I could use more macros, I won't setup numbers on that row like a normal keyboard, is not useful for me.

Yes, I know what you are thinking right now: "strange keyboard" right? :D

Cheers.
Attachments
dactyl manuform 2.jpg
dactyl manuform 2.jpg (93.44 KiB) Viewed 3740 times
dactyl manuform.jpg
dactyl manuform.jpg (85.64 KiB) Viewed 3740 times

Drugwash

Post by Drugwash » 19 Jan 2022, 07:51

Well, I used to use one of the few ancient and 100% trusty IBM Model M keyboards that I had around, back when I was active here using a Win98SE machine (and later on XP-SP3 for a short time).

Now I'm stuck with this Samsung R-580 notebook's built-in keyboard which fails too many keys too often for my liking as compared to the '80's IBM keyboards. Progress, they say...
Part of my AHK work can be found here.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”