Are you a 'lefty'?

Talk about anything

tidbit

Re: Are you a 'lefty'?

Post by tidbit » 07 Jan 2021, 17:32

I used to put it on the right side, not left. Left side is too important imo. Don't want more clutter and buttons over there.

I do have my browser tabs on the left side tho, in vivaldi. Set to 'thumbnail' mode aswell, so I get big old tabs + thumbnail of the page, they shrink down the more tabs you get, down to just a titlebar
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?

BoBo

Post by BoBo » 07 Jan 2021, 19:05

Would be interesting to see a heat map of where we mainly cruising around with the mouse pointer. As I try to prevent to use the mouse I thought about moving the taskbar to the right side, bc as a right hander I tend to move the mouse back to its 'home base’ at the desktop, means closer to the right/taskbar.

gregster

Post by gregster » 07 Jan 2021, 19:10

Another right hander here, but I have the taskbar on the left for years. I think, first I had it for some time on the right, but on the left it seemed more useful.
But as an AHK'er - with lots of hotkeys, a few mouse gestures and other automation stuff, I don't use it that often anyway (eg, I never use the sluggish (at least on my system) start button).

hoppfrosch

Post by hoppfrosch » 08 Jan 2021, 00:32

Within a multi-monitor setup I place my taskbar between the two most used monitors to have short ways to the main taskbar from those monitors.
Usually I work in a two monitor setup with left monitor as main monitor, so currently my taskbar is on the right side.

Nextron

Post by Nextron » 16 Feb 2021, 13:27

Why is that article focusing so much on positioning the taskbar take up less space? There's always the option to hide it completely. The taskbar serves a purpose, so it should get all the space it needs to be useful. I've set my taskbar to never combine buttons, not to combine buttons across screens, not to hide captions and set it two rows tall... at the bottom of the screens. That way every opened window can be identified in the taskbar and across screens with zero clicks and activated with one click without hovering. Combining buttons and hiding text just seems like making it difficult on yourself.

If only Windows would be smart enough to understand the a maximized window on a side screen with a few pixels on the main screen, does not mean the taskbar button belong on the main.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”