Temporaly ban because using a macro

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
JohnSmith

Temporaly ban because using a macro

Post by JohnSmith » 22 Oct 2021, 15:28

Hi all, and sorry if this was discussed in another post, I did a quick search and I didn't find anything, and also, I am not english native, so excuse me if something is not explained properly.

So... I was entering a match in Splitgate Arena, I press an autohoekey macro throught a Streamdeck, that does a mouse movement and click in the sound blaster software, and as soon i launch the macro, I was kicked from the game with the message of a temporaly ban for suspicious activity.

So I guess is not really secure using Autohoekey in some online games? With new Battlefield just around the corner I do not want to risk a ban because of using autohotkey (or any other game in the future)...

I just started with autohoekey (trying to personalice for my neededs), but I use scritps as window shadding and AlwaysOnTop long time ago and I love it... and never have this type of problem ...

Thanks for your input guys,

swagfag

Re: Temporaly ban because using a macro

Post by swagfag » 22 Oct 2021, 15:49

any developer may come up with arbitrary rules for performing arbitrary actions upon arbitrary events occurring. whether that manifests as u receiving a ban, or getting kicked or being subjected to a stern talking to by the developer, ur mom or whoever else, is mostly irrelevant

was there a question in this post? "is ahk safe?" its safe until it isnt. the same applies for any other random thing u could come up with as well

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » 22 Oct 2021, 16:24

Fair enough. I didn't remember the label of "use at your own risk" when trying to use some type of software.

My bad.

Xtra

Post by Xtra » 22 Oct 2021, 17:18

Search google for: 'Splitgate Arena ban' its nothing new.

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith » 22 Oct 2021, 17:26

Thanks @Xtra

From the search the only thing can found is a recomendation to not to use AHK in Splitgate, so I will not use it in this game, and be careful from now in rest of online games as well.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”