Remapping mouse in Nier Replicant seems to still retain the original functions along with the new ones

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
piquoramine

Remapping mouse in Nier Replicant seems to still retain the original functions along with the new ones

Post by piquoramine » 12 Jun 2022, 18:49

I remapped the middle mouse button to block, Wheeldown to jump and Wheelup to roll to specific keys, however when I play the game they still retain their original function along with the default.

The default middle mouse click works to Lock on, mousewheel up or down switches the target.
With the remapping while in-game the Mbutton does block, it also simultaneously locks on (or switches off lock on). Wheeldown does jump, but it also switches target.

I wondering if there's something I can do to have the game not register a Mbutton press or a wheel roll, and only recognize the remapped functions.

Here's my script that I used:

Code: Select all

Mbutton::Lalt

Wheelup::
{
Send {Ctrl down}
Sleep, 100
Send {Ctrl up}
}
Return

Wheeldown::
{
Send {Space down}
Sleep, 100
Send {Space up}
}
Return

mikeyww

Re: Remapping mouse in Nier Replicant seems to still retain the original functions along with the new ones

Post by mikeyww » 13 Jun 2022, 05:46

Not necessarily, but you can try running as admin.

If !A_IsAdmin && !(DllCall("GetCommandLine", "str") ~= " /restart(?!\S)") {
 Try Run *RunAs "%A_AhkPath%" /restart "%A_ScriptFullPath%"
 ExitApp
} Else SetKeyDelay,, 100
MButton::LAlt
WheelUp::Send {Ctrl}
WheelDown::Send {Space}

piquoramine

Re: Remapping mouse in Nier Replicant seems to still retain the original functions along with the new ones

Post by piquoramine » 13 Jun 2022, 06:54

mikeyww wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 05:46
Not necessarily, but you can try running as admin.

If !A_IsAdmin && !(DllCall("GetCommandLine", "str") ~= " /restart(?!\S)") {
 Try Run *RunAs "%A_AhkPath%" /restart "%A_ScriptFullPath%"
 ExitApp
} Else SetKeyDelay,, 100
MButton::LAlt
WheelUp::Send {Ctrl}
WheelDown::Send {Space}
I always run the .exe as admin (otherwise the game wouldn't even register the mapped buttons). However I do it manually, by right clicking and then choosing "Run as admin"

mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 13 Jun 2022, 07:05

Generally speaking, if the script is working, then its hotkeys "take over". You can test in Notepad to see if it works there. Some games can block or interfere with certain scripting behavior.

piquoramine

Post by piquoramine » 26 Jun 2022, 08:45

Fixed this issue by using @evilC 's Universal Control Remapper.

Since it works on the driver level it does a good job of actually being able to block the Mouse inputs, while the keyboard output is as desired.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”