parsing and warning against malicious chat messages in game?

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
sonoharayuki

parsing and warning against malicious chat messages in game?

Post by sonoharayuki » 16 Nov 2022, 18:07

Im playing on a minecraft server where there has been a massive uptick in players maliciously sending remote access trojans and clones of official links in order to steal players' account information

Why do I want to do this in autohotkey?
I would either have made/make a mod in java to do this, and upload it publicly to github where people can make sure its safe. But this would mean making a mod for 1.8.9 Forge, which, frankly is horrible and difficult.
Or I can make a more portable autohotkey script which IMO is much easier to read/understand as a normal user, and would work on multiple versions of the game regardless of what loader/api etc someone is using.
But feel free to point me in another direction if you have a better idea, but please read on if you think its feasible.

My thought is as follows,
In the case of users in MultiMC, the launcher opens a separate window which shows in real time all messages written in plaintext. I could use autohotkey to potentially parse this and perhaps with some clever regex, alert the user when they are being sent a link that reads for example:
hypixel.store.net (fake)
instead of
store.hypixel.net (real)

In the case of users in other clients or the default minecraft launcher, the game does write to a text file, however I have no idea if this is done in realtime or what, but potentially it could read from there as well.

Alerting the user would be done either via a sound, or drawing something on the screen/opening a warning popup etc etc

I don't necessarily need someone to write this for me (I wouldn't complain if you did though :D), but I would appreciate some direction if possible.
Thank you.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”