Mouse Wheel as Page up / Down

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
MrBaldTea

Mouse Wheel as Page up / Down

Post by MrBaldTea » 30 Jan 2023, 08:56

Hi, i will try to keep this brief, to save ya reading me go on and on lol.

I want to use my mouse wheel as a throttle in DCS World. However, using the script below, it will work once (forward throttle and back) then it will not work again unless i Alt tab and go back into game window. No matter what i try, i have to alt tab or push the Page up / down keys to get the script to work.

Can someone please help me with a way to have my mouse wheel work as page up / down without having to alt tab for the script to work again?
Thanks!

I have run the autohotkey script in admin mode too

Here is what i have tried:

"
WheelDown::PgDn

WheelUp::PgUp
Return"

P.S is there a way to replicate a joystick slider using a mouse wheel?

Thank you for your help

[Mod action: Topic moved to "Gaming"]

mikeyww

Re: Mouse Wheel as Page up / Down

Post by mikeyww » 30 Jan 2023, 11:32

Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

Does the script work with Notepad as the target window instead?

MrBaldTea

Post by MrBaldTea » 30 Jan 2023, 18:56

mikeyww wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 11:32
Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

Does the script work with Notepad as the target window instead?
Hey, thanks for replying! The script works as intended for all browsers, but in game - it will only work once. I know this was not what you asked but i thought i'd add that.

Now in regards to the target window, i am new to this stuff so i apologise if this answer seems silly. - When i use the mouse wheel (replacing page up and down) i throttle up and down. But if i want to repeat it, say to speed up or slow down - it does nothing. The only way i have found it to work again is either by pushing the actual page up key up or down) and then i can once again use the mouse wheel as page up / down (but only once) until i do the loop of alt tabbing or pushing the keys.

Sorry for the long message, i hope my reply answered what you asked me and if it did not, my bad.

Appreciate you trying to help me!

mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 30 Jan 2023, 19:44

OK, so it works everywhere except your game. Some games block scripting, but these tips have helped others in some situations. https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11084

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”