XBox One Tester AHK Guide Button

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
chinagreenelvis

XBox One Tester AHK Guide Button

Post by chinagreenelvis » 04 Feb 2024, 23:41

I'm using the following code to test the input of a wireless XBox One controller:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoHotkey/comments/cf43q9/universal_xbox_one_controller_tester_for_ahk/

It works fine on my desktop PC and has for a long time. If I hold the guide button down while running the script, the tooltip reads a solid "1024".

However, I've ported the script to my Microsoft Surface Pro 5, and even after disabling the Game Bar and Game Mode, the guide button is getting interrupted by something. Running the tester, holding the guide button will pop up a single tooltip of "1024" but it vanishes.

This is especially important because I use another script to perform an action based on a long-press of the guide button. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening on the Surface Pro? All other buttons on the controller work fine when held down.

[Mod edit: Moved topic from AHK v2 help since v1 code is referenced.]

Edit: It seems like Bluetooth connectivity is the problem. I get the same issue on my desktop when I use BT instead of the dongle. Probably no way around it.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”