Volume Control on PC Windows 10

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
dadaya7852

Re: Volume Control on PC Windows 10

Post by dadaya7852 » 26 Sep 2022, 14:56

JoeWinograd wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 12:58
Hi @dadaya7852,

Two things:

(1) Post the ActivateProgram:= statement in your version of my V2 script.

(2) Run a script with this hotkey (make the hotkey whatever you want...I used Alt+Ctrl+F3):

Code: Select all

!^F3:: ;show active window title, class, process name, handle
WinGetTitle,Title,A
Handle:=WinExist("A")
WinGetClass,Class,A
WinGet,Process,ProcessName,A
WinGet,ProcessID,PID,A
ActiveWindowMetadata:="Title=" . Title . "`n`nClass=" . Class . "`n`nProcess Name=" . Process . "`n`nHandle=" . Handle . "`n`nPID=" . ProcessID
MsgBox,262208,Active Window Metadata,%ActiveWindowMetadata%
Return
Run your game and hit the hotkey. Post the resulting message box. Regards, Joe
OMG sorry i forgot about this (So, change "firefox.exe" in the assignment statement to the executable for your game.) works great thanks

JoeWinograd

Post by JoeWinograd » 26 Sep 2022, 15:24

dadaya7852 wrote:works great thanks
Great news! You're very welcome. Regards, Joe

samt

Post by samt » 29 Jan 2023, 12:44

JoeWinograd wrote:
25 Sep 2022, 12:11
dadaya7852 wrote:If i run the game in full screen and use first number script then this script just minimizes to the desktop and after that I need to open the game from taskbar
Attached is an updated version of the GUI-based script with three improvements:

(1) Added a variable for the program to activate after the numbers go away (ActivateProgram). This should solve the main problem that you're having. I tested the script here with Firefox in a YouTube full-screen video...worked perfectly. So, change "firefox.exe" in the assignment statement to the executable for your game.

(2) Added variables for the font name, font size, and font weight of the numbers (FontName, FontSize, FontWeight) so that it's easy to experiment with (the sizes of the GUI and the numbers are calculated based on FontSize).

(3) Fixed a bug where the timer is not turned off when the numbers go away.

Regards, Joe
This is an awesome script! I love how little screen it takes up and can turn off pretty fast. Thanks a lot for making it.
I've noticed a bug, that when I set the volume to 0 using normal methods (without using AHK, but using regular windows/keyboard media controls), wait, then when I try to increase the volume using this script, the script's volume number does increase but there's no audio coming from the video being played (like it's stuck at 0 even though the script shows the number increasing). Not sure if it's a bug or some default system-level protection that windows has. So, if I change the volume to 0 using windows/keyboard, I can only truly increase it from 0 using windows/keyboard; increasing it using script keeps muted (though it shows the number increasing) so I have to use windows/keyboard to make the audio work.

But other times, the script works fine (like, changing the volume to 0 or any other number using script, wait, and then increasing it using same script)

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”