XIM Link scripts for HOLDING DOWN button / rapid button pressing

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Seamndel

XIM Link scripts for HOLDING DOWN button / rapid button pressing

Post by Seamndel » 25 Jul 2021, 04:01

XIM Apex is a usb adapter that lets me use usually not-supported controllers on a gaming device; it works on a multitude of consoles. When combined with a user-made program called "XIM Link" - and an easy transfer cable - it is possible to connect the computer and the adapter-enabled console so that every driver/peripheral connected to the PC would be able to act as an input device for the console. The way I understand it, it is also possible to use AutoHotkey to write scripts in the Link program.

I still haven't started learning Windows AutoHotkeys but I understand such scripts can aid in modifying button behavior.

I have a mouse side-button (from now called "sideward") dedicated to switching between the Link and the PC, and I have been thinking of a setup such as follows ("*' means: physically held down) :

" if *□ and "sideward" then HOLD □ ; don't deactivate Link"

Similarly

" if *○ and "sideward" then HOLD ○ ; don't deactivate Link"

The reason I think I sould go for the bespoke "sideward" button on my mouse is because it's hard to reach. Activating the HOLD function would literally require moving both hands over to the mouse, so accidental HOLD activations are . unlikely.

To cancel, I have been thinking of something like:

" if 'any button' other than 'sideward' then release HOLD and register 'any button' "

For rapid button pressing I have been thinking of something a bit more complex, like:

" if *□ and *'sideward' and □ , then rapid press □ ; 1 second intervals "

To cancel:

" if 'any button' other than 'sideward' then cancel rapid press and register 'any button' "

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”