[BTD6] Configurable utilities script

Post gaming related scripts
DatHypnoboi

[BTD6] Configurable utilities script

Post by DatHypnoboi » 04 Feb 2023, 19:45

A handy suite of features to make your BTD6 experience just a little bit easier.

Automatically purchase upgrades as soon as you can afford them
https://imgur.com/a/JakpFwp

Automatically farm Infernal Deflation for easy Monkey Money and XP
https://imgur.com/a/WXtebwd

Automatically return to the menu when a map is finished

Use the arrow keys to nudge the mouse cursor for precise tower placement

Everything is configurable with the "easy to use" setup menu
https://imgur.com/a/87tsgKH

To start, run the setup script, read through the info tab, then go through the full setup under the general tab before activating the main utilities script

This project is still a work in progress (the menu and full setup process are particularly rough), so feel free to leave any feedback and suggestions

Currently using v1, but will port to v2 in the future
Attachments
BloonsUtils.ini
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
BloonsUtils.ahk
(8.99 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
BloonsSetup.ahk
(32.01 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

DatHypnoboi

Re: [BTD6] Configurable utilities script

Post by DatHypnoboi » 07 Feb 2023, 18:28

Porting to v2 ended up being a lot faster than I thought it would be, so I took the opportunity to overhaul the workings of the autofarm and autoexit features. They're now a part of the main loop, so upgrading will actually work while they're active, an issue that I somehow didn't notice until now.

In addition, you can now turn on the autofarm in the middle of an already running game. Just turn on the autofarm while the autoexit is running, and as soon as the game is done, the script will immediately start farming Infernal Deflation.

There's also a handy little addition to the upgrade indicator that tells you when the auto farm or exit is active, plus they're now toggleable with the same hotkey, so no need to reload every time you want to stop them. The indicator is also more resource efficient, as it will now only redraw when it would actually change.

Escape also no longer immediately closes the setup process, I got frustrated after repeatedly hitting it accidentally during testing, there's now a confirmation message before closing.

I'm still trying to figure out a more elegant way to resume the full setup process after closing the indicator location GUI, but my current hacky solution works for now.
Attachments
BloonsUtilsv2.ini
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
BloonsUtilsv2.ahk
(7.86 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
BloonsSetupv2.ahk
(25.49 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

DatHypnoboi

Post by DatHypnoboi » 03 Apr 2023, 21:07

Quick update for compatibility with merged Beast Handler upgrades
Attachments
BloonsUtilsv2.ini
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
BloonsUtilsv2.ahk
(8.11 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
BloonsSetupv2.ahk
(27.05 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

DatHypnoboi

Post by DatHypnoboi » 04 Apr 2023, 04:03

Another update as I realized I accidentally left a testing message in the setup script, and to add in a quickly thrown together manual config script to place extra towers to farm XP for during the autofarm. By default, it will farm the Beast Handler (trying to grind it up myself, hence why I'm adding this now), but this can be changed.

The best way to do this is to use the farm once hotkey (default: f5) then turn off auto start in the pause menu. Then run ExtraConfig.ahk, and use the ctrl+e hotkey to copy the coordinates for each location to the clipboard, pasting them into BloonsUtilsv2.ahk where indicated. I also included some templates to make the process a bit easier.

Use Esc to close the extra config when you're done.

I had to zip the files this time since the forum doesn't allow more than 3 files to be attached

DatHypnoboi

Post by DatHypnoboi » 04 Apr 2023, 04:09

Also, make sure BloonsUtilsv2.ahk isn't running while using BloonsUtilsv2.ahk and ExtraConfig.ahk if you have EnterClick turned on, it can stop you from submitting the color of a pixel, meant to include this with the last post but forgot :/

ivar85

Post by ivar85 » 16 Jul 2023, 16:50

Hi
Does this still work?
Any updates : ).?

DatHypnoboi

Post by DatHypnoboi » 19 Sep 2023, 02:35

Sorry for the incredibly delayed response, the script does still work. I haven't been playing BTD6 as actively lately, I've been distracted with other stuff, but I do want to go back and work on this sometime soon

Edit: I just realized that I already did the Beast Handler compatibility and just forgot... I'll still be updating this for better performance, I've learned a lot about optimization since I made this, and it's still really sketchy

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”