WhiteKnight - Block games from being able to see sticks using ViGEm

Post gaming related scripts
Big J Money

Re: WhiteKnight - Block games from being able to see sticks using ViGEm

Post by Big J Money » 20 Oct 2020, 18:33

After setting up both the driver and the program for the first time, now whenever I run the executable, it seems to only silently load something in the background (I see a CMD window quickly appear and disappear, but the AHK UI that I saw when I first installed them no longer appears). I initially asumed that this was by design, but based on your answer it sounds like I am encountering a bug, and that the UI should be able to appear again so I can click those buttons. Thanks for the manual uninstall instructions in case it turns out I will have to use that method.

Is the exe simply a compiled executbale of the included .AHK file with the same name? Maybe I can debug the problem with the AHK file myself.

evilC

Post by evilC » 21 Oct 2020, 04:42

AutoWhitelister.exe is Autohotkey.exe renamed
When you run AutoWhitelister.exe, it launches AutoWhitelister.ahk
The app minimizes to tray, so maybe why you are seeing no GUI is that it is minimized to the tray.
However, this does not sound like what is happening, you should not see any CMD window at all - maybe when you run the AHK EXE it is not sure what to do with it for some reason.
If you have AHK installed, you can just double-click AutoWhitelister.ahk instead

Big J Money

Post by Big J Money » 21 Oct 2020, 07:35

Thanks, that was it, it was running mimimized on subsequent runs! When I click the tray icon for the script, it brings the window into focus for me. Hopefully this will help anyone else who has the issue.

Reticuli

Post by Reticuli » 16 Feb 2021, 19:36

Any way to keep Saitek Profiler working while WhiteKnight is doing its thing? I finally managed to use this to get Longbow 2 to see Saitek rudder pedals in addition to a Saitek HOTAS using GlovePIE, but now I can't use a profile.

R3VOWOOD

Post by R3VOWOOD » 26 Apr 2022, 13:36

broken link.

riannicolas2017

Post by riannicolas2017 » 17 Aug 2022, 10:48

evilC wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 10:19
This is a solution for stopping games from seeing a DirectInput stick (Basically any stick except Xbox controllers) on your system.

For ages we have been able to create virtual controllers and remap a stick to that, but in the past we have not been able to stop the game from seeing the physical stick.

Well now we have a proper solution: The HidGuardian / HidCerberus components from ViGEm. HidGuardian is a device driver that you install which can hide sticks from the system. HidCerberus is a windows service that allows you to "whitelist" a process (eg your AHK script) so that your script is the ONLY thing on the system that can see through HidGuardian and read the stick. The stick even disappears from the joystick control panel in windows!

Download

There are two tools in the zip - a ready made Auto-Whitelister app, and a library if you wish to write your own solution.
broken link bro update pls

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”