Mouse movement for tile-based games

Post gaming related scripts
Gigabitten

Mouse movement for tile-based games

Post by Gigabitten » 10 Jan 2022, 17:54

EDIT: I've been informed that there is a way better way to do this - I was just happy to have figured something basically functional out. This still works, but is definitely not ideal.

There was no existing mod for Rimworld to move around with the keyboard, but I very much wanted to be able to do so since I've been playing from my bed with someone next to me. So after finding an existing script to be totally insufficient, I just made one. Should be plenty configurable and seems to work pretty well. If you just want to plug and play, arrow keys to move the mouse, shift to move it faster, ctrl to move it slightly. Can be configured for different tile sizes and for the speed to be faster or slower. The code is very simple, but not having to do this myself still would have saved me a lot of time as an ahk noob, so I figured I'd post it.

Oh - and obviously some keybindings will be needed to use mouse buttons with the keyboard, but these aren't included because they'll be highly user-specific.
Attachments
fixedmousearrows.ahk
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”