Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
simantic

Re: Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Post by simantic » 14 Jun 2022, 02:43

Hi to all,
I'm new to this forum.
Good morning to you all :)

joedf

Post by joedf » 14 Jun 2022, 08:06

Welcome to the forums! :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Sosaya

Post by Sosaya » 24 Jun 2022, 09:24

Hi all,
Happy to be part of this community!

joedf

Post by joedf » 24 Jun 2022, 10:02

Hello, welcome! :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Limitd

Post by Limitd » 08 Aug 2022, 21:06

Hey! Keen to really get into the community and use autohotkey at it fullest potential.

CubanB

Post by CubanB » 20 Aug 2022, 11:22

Thanks to all who keep this forum running, and share their knowedgle. A lot of earlier stuff is gone and it's great to see AHK alive and well. There's a lot one can do with AHK and it seems like the capabilities just keep expanding over time.

gregster

Post by gregster » 20 Aug 2022, 12:00

CubanB wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 11:22
A lot of earlier stuff is gone and it's great to see AHK alive and well.
Welcome! Yes, some things were lost over the last 19 years, but you can still search and access large parts of our archived forums (~2003-2014) via our customized websearch (https://www.autohotkey.com/search) or search engines in general, but of course some external links may have expired (also many contents of autohotkey.net were lost a long time ago). But we have a few topics about "lost" scripts and libraries and it's always worth a try to ask, if you are looking for one you can't find.
Of course, AHK v2 is now in beta which adds a lot of functionality, but breaks with backwards compatibility and removes the confusing duality of legacy and expression syntax.
Happy scripting!

CubanB

Post by CubanB » 21 Aug 2022, 01:22

gregster wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 12:00
CubanB wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 11:22
A lot of earlier stuff is gone and it's great to see AHK alive and well.
Welcome! Yes, some things were lost over the last 19 years, but you can still search and access large parts of our archived forums (~2003-2014) via our customized websearch (https://www.autohotkey.com/search) or search engines in general, but of course some external links may have expired (also many contents of autohotkey.net were lost a long time ago). But we have a few topics about "lost" scripts and libraries and it's always worth a try to ask, if you are looking for one you can't find.
Of course, AHK v2 is now in beta which adds a lot of functionality, but breaks with backwards compatibility and removes the confusing duality of legacy and expression syntax.
Happy scripting!
Thanks. Yeah, there's a lot that still exists and also a lot of very skilled and helpful people who share a lot and help find workarounds. Some of the older stuff gets replaced with better code anyway as people are better able to figure out solutions now compared to 10 or 15 years ago. The one problem I did have was with bass.dll audio, and some lost libraries for different file types for the plugins but where there is a will there is a way and I've ended up making my own through trial and error. I still have some issues, when the right time comes I might ask for help on that. I think it's more of a unicode vs ansi thing, which I didn't even understand until a few weeks ago but now it's starting to make more sense.

I do have to say that it seems a really great community in terms of encouraging people to learn things for themselves, while at the same time giving them a nudge when they get stuck. I'm not a programmer at all, but over time it has been kind of a bridge or a gateway into being able to create something that functions as a program/app and you do end up learning things along the way. I guess this was it's intended purpose and it has done that really well. AHKv2 seems scary, because I'm still trying to come to grips with legacy stuff but I imagine there will be a bunch of new functionality that makes it even more powerful and capable when the people using it know what they are doing.

Ben the Coder

Post by Ben the Coder » 27 Aug 2022, 09:34

I definitely thank @mikeyww, @gregster, @joedf, @boiler, @lexikos, @tank, & and everyone else!
Thanks ;)

Fisatec

Post by Fisatec » 26 Sep 2022, 07:36

Hi @all,
I am absolutely new to automation and scripting and I am looking forward to get some helpful tipps and tricks :)

Best regards
Fisatec

Ben the Coder

Post by Ben the Coder » 26 Sep 2022, 09:47

Feel free to ask for anything in the forum!

Maverick22M

Post by Maverick22M » 06 Mar 2023, 03:41

Hi everyone!

Glad to join Autohotkey community to make our lives easier :dance:

Quetzal

Post by Quetzal » 03 Apr 2023, 02:52

hello all&all

it's my first message here,
i would like to thanks a lot, the AHK community for this soft and fort heir work
there's some year that i use AHK and it helps a lot to compensate the "shortcut absence" of so many software...
i never did something nice to present here, or never found "solution" here done by this forum...

mays i can help... i hope, coz, i'll be happy to receive as i receive from AHK

thna a lot

esperanza despina

Post by esperanza despina » 03 Apr 2023, 05:30

hi esperanza here I am new on autohotkey.

Musimarc

Thanks!!!

Post by Musimarc » 11 Apr 2023, 12:36

Hello,

My name is Marcos and I have just registered on this site.

I came across AutoHotKey some time ago while looking to create some easy keyboard shortcuts, but after seeing the software's capabilities, I have decided to try and learn more about it. I would appreciate any help that you can provide me with when I need it, and I hope that the day will come soon when I can also help others and make my own contributions.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community.

JoeSchmoe

Re: Thanks!!!

Post by JoeSchmoe » 13 Apr 2023, 09:09

Musimarc wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 12:36
I came across AutoHotKey some time ago while looking to create some easy keyboard shortcuts, but after seeing the software's capabilities, I have decided to try and learn more about it. I would appreciate any help that you can provide me with when I need it, and I hope that the day will come soon when I can also help others and make my own contributions.
Welcome, Musimarc! I did the same as you quite a few years ago and am still appreciating the wonderful software and community.

golgol

Post by golgol » 09 May 2023, 07:14

Hello! I like using AHK and I want to create more scripts for gaming. I was wondering if we are allowed to make paid requests on this site. For example, I'd like to pay someone for a single script. Can we say that we are willing to tip in our requests?

boiler

Post by boiler » 09 May 2023, 07:17

Welcome, @golgol! Yes, you are allowed to offer to pay for script writing.

golgol

Post by golgol » 09 May 2023, 07:33

@boiler
Thank you!

Skidoo

Post by Skidoo » 07 Oct 2023, 14:55

Hi all,

Just getting into AHK. It looks very promising compared to the other automation software I've seen.

Spent a lot of time and money on PowerShell; the main problem with it is the learning materials are not oriented toward the tasks of the typical office slave.

As this is late 2023, I'm starting off with AHK V2. I hope that works out.

Cheers!

Return to “About This Community”