Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
joedf

Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Post by joedf » 29 Oct 2017, 19:50

Hi there,

This topic is here by request of the users. You can express your gratitude to the many people who have contributed to AutoHotkey. If this is your first time here, just say hello, introduce yourselves!

Welcome to the AutoHotkey community!
Cheers :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Helgef

Re: Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Post by Helgef » 30 Oct 2017, 06:32

joedf wrote:Welcome to the AutoHotkey community!
Thanks! :wave:
When I joined the forum there were three members who really stood out to me, they consistently provided (and still do) well formulated and helpful answers, really making an extra effort and contributing to making the forum a nice place to be in. You have helped thousands of people, you have inspired me, I thank you, Exaskryz, boiler and wolf_II.

Of course, thanks to the obvious ones, the developers and staff, and all the other nice people here.

Have fun, cheers!

Edit:
jeeswg wrote:- Today marks the 1st anniversary of me being on the forum. [...] My time on the forum has been entertaining.
:happybday: Indeed it has, I thank you. Cheers ☕.
Last edited by Helgef on 19 Dec 2017, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

joedf

Post by joedf » 30 Oct 2017, 07:22

Menixator, xZombie, Vasili111, smorgasbord, Kon, the list goes on. Although, many are not as active anymore, they’ve helped kick start the ahkscript community that finally became the reunited AutoHotkey community.
So many kind users here, and this is why I want to keep this community going. :)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

nnnik

Post by nnnik » 30 Oct 2017, 07:34

Thank you Bentschi and isNull
Recommends AHK Studio

hoppfrosch

Post by hoppfrosch » 30 Oct 2017, 13:09

Majkinetor, MaulEsel, Skan, Rajat, Thoralf, etc. - so many people to say "Thank you!"

derz00

Post by derz00 » 30 Oct 2017, 18:47

FanaticGuru, jNizM, maestrith, GeekDude

(to add to the above)

Thank you
try it and see

runie

Post by runie » 31 Oct 2017, 10:37

Thanks to maestrith, GeekDude, Cap'n Odin, nnnik, jNizM, just me, tidbit, evilC and probably a few others.

Some of the above have helped me personally to learn or have created libraries that have honestly made AHK way more fun.

The AutoHotkey community is surely one of the more pleasant places to learn about coding/scripting. Thanks!

Edit: and of course Lex for having made all this possible.

Exaskryz

Post by Exaskryz » 08 Nov 2017, 16:01

Thanks Bobo and Helgef and jeeswg; all the people listed above and below; and anyone who has come to the forums to help people with their questions, Guests included. It's great to see people getting the support they need to learn, and I've noticed a good number of people keep coming back with more questions -- more advanced topics, having shown the work and learned from their previous projects -- and even come help out people with the questions common to new users. I'm happy to see this community continue to grow.

And I have to add on a special thanks to Lexikos whose knowledge about the language and putting in the effort to help develop it is often taken for granted. I've seen countless posts over the years with great insights and great ideas, and I've wanted to tag on a reply to vocalize that praise for your contribution, but have held back to not clutter up the forum with posts not contributing to the topic. I'm glad you've put in so much effort as a volunteer, and I'm excited for the future.

derz00

Post by derz00 » 10 Nov 2017, 13:36

Ragnar for your work with the docs past and present

Helgef, jeeswg, teadrinker
try it and see

jNizM

Post by jNizM » 17 Nov 2017, 07:14

Thanks to everyone, especially lexikos, just me, Bentschi, SKAN, HotKeyIt, ... :thumbup:
[AHK] v2.0.5 | [WIN] 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | [GitHub] Profile

jeeswg

Post by jeeswg » 19 Dec 2017, 16:05

- Today marks the 1st anniversary of me being on the forum. 3035 (~3000) posts and 1363 (~1337) threads that I've appeared on. My time on the forum has been entertaining.
- My guilt for knowing AutoHotkey stuff but for not having shared anything is now mostly erased.
- I want to thank especially Helgef and qwerty12, who I have probably had the most correspondence with. Like me, they are also 'class of 2016'.
- Other users who have helped me multiple times with code or forum issues: A_AhkUser, Coco, FanaticGuru, HotKeyIt, jNizM, joedf, just me, kon, lexikos, SKAN, tank, teadrinker.
- Special thanks to: Blackholyman+Joe Glines, BoBo, Drugwash, jballi, masheen, PuzzledGreatly, rommmcek.
- And thanks to: 4GForce, Alguimist, AlphaBravo, Avi, boiler, Capn Odin, coffee, Delta Pythagorean, derz00, evilC, Exaskryz, fincs, Flipeador, Gio, guest3456, icuurd12b42, IMEime, iPhilip, iseahound, JnLlnd, joefiesta, JoeWinograd, labrint, maestrith, Masonjar13, MaxAstro, nathan323, Nextron, nnnik, noname, Osprey, Ragnar, sancarn, SirRFI, TheDewd, tic, tidbit, TLM, User, Visioneer, wolf_II, Xeo786, Xtra.
- A thanks to some of the old school users: Chris, jethrow, Laszlo, majkinetor, maul.esel, PhiLho, polyethene, Sean, wOxxOm.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA

SquirrelHugger

Post by SquirrelHugger » 15 Mar 2018, 10:01

I wanted to come here and post my thanks to all the great users/creators/maintainers of AHK.

3 weeks ago I knew AHK existed but I only thought, oh look that software that everyone uses to cheat and create macros for games. I found a script, thanks to google search, that fixes the backspace issue in windows explorer using AHK. Then I wondered what else AHK can do, and look at me 3 weeks later I created my own HUMUNGUS script that literately changed the way I use my computer.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
:morebeard:

AlphaBravo

Post by AlphaBravo » 09 Apr 2018, 09:36

Thanks to all above mentioned people.
can't forget : Leef_me, VxE, sinkfaze, engunneer, girlgamer, Serendipity, corrupt, Learning one, berban, RaptorX, Wicked, dmg and many more.

VcSaJen

Post by VcSaJen » 14 Jun 2018, 08:49

Hello.....

joedf

Post by joedf » 15 Jun 2018, 12:48

Hello there! :)

Calimero 0euf

Post by Calimero 0euf » 18 Jun 2018, 08:34

hello to this big community !

june

Post by june » 23 Aug 2018, 06:22

Hello. :)

I know about existing of ahk for years but until now I didn`t really had any need for it. Now I have and I`m amazed how many thing you can do with it. :)

joedf

Post by joedf » 23 Aug 2018, 06:40

That’s great to hear! :+1:

Franktic

Post by Franktic » 08 Oct 2018, 22:53

Hi, I spent one weekend looking at AutoIt and a second weekend working through AutoHotKey. I decided to settle on AHK using the AutoGUI IDE - how good is that!. So far I have been having a ball creating hotkeys and learning to program in this deceptively easy yet powerful language. The AHK forum is a standout with lots of activity and a great deal of civility. Thanks to the team behind AutoHotKey, the forum participants and admins, and Alguimist for writing AutoGUI.

ManaUser

Post by ManaUser » 26 Nov 2018, 00:14

Hi guys. Anybody remember me?

I was pretty active on the old forum for a certain period. I kinda moved on to other things, free-time-wise but I still use AutoHotkey every day. It sounds like I missed some major drama, which is probably just as well. But whatever that was about, I just wanna say I'm glad to see people are still keeping this software and community going.

Return to “About This Community”