Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
joedf

Re: Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Post by joedf » 29 Sep 2019, 20:06

Welcome back! :dance: :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

garman666

Post by garman666 » 11 Oct 2019, 12:37

Hi, I am looking forward to having a lot of fun using AutoHotkey. Thanks to all the people keeping this program going.
garman666

aster94

Post by aster94 » 12 Oct 2019, 13:16

Hi guys thanks to develop AHK!

xkooll

Post by xkooll » 07 Nov 2019, 20:02

Hello guys!

joedf

Post by joedf » 08 Nov 2019, 09:25

Hello! First post from you a year later, glad to see you're still with us. ;)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Subaru

Post by Subaru » 19 Nov 2019, 10:58

Hi. I've known about AHK for years, but never really got to try it until over a week ago. I'm pretty sure I don't know 90% of what it's capable, but I tested its key remapping capability on a game demo (as a test) - no changes to either game files nor system, and for a left-handed to use wsad without touching w,s,a,d keys - it's a kind of magic. Skimming through that good ol' .chm I discover fun things one after the other.. for now they remain as discoveries. So apart from slowly (with pressure on slowly) learning the how of it, I wanted to thank everyone involved in developing this great tool.

joedf

Post by joedf » 19 Nov 2019, 21:32

Welp, welcome to the ahk forums! :+1:

A_Perry_1984

Post by A_Perry_1984 » 10 Dec 2019, 09:05

Where do I begin? There are so many amazing contributors who I've benefited from but I think the most notable are Jeeswg, Lexikos, Joe Glines, and Hellbent. I never imagined myself doing so many great things with AHK! Thank you!

smschulz

Post by smschulz » 01 Jan 2020, 08:20

i'm new. would be nice if someone helped me with my issue. oh well, i guess i'll have to wait

RayHorsley

Post by RayHorsley » 05 Jan 2020, 16:52

Greetings, and Happy New Year. I've used AutoHotkey for years. Not sure why I've waited till now to join the forum. Probably because I've recently been using more and more. It's really amazing what it can do. I also use Livecode a lot.

JJHaggar

Post by JJHaggar » 04 Apr 2020, 22:11

I'm just scratching its surface, but AHK is a fantastic program and it deserves lots of love, and also the people that worked on it! Thank you very much, you are all amazing! :D

MancioDellaVega

Post by MancioDellaVega » 16 May 2020, 12:43

Hello, Community
I'm one Italian newbie of AHK ...i was one looker of the forum. Compliments of all users that make this forum so full of scripts and tutorials very helpful..

piddly

Post by piddly » 19 May 2020, 04:29

Hi, all! Proud to be part of community with such illustrious greats. Just got affordable Internet Service Provider, hope to contribute my two penn'orths. Thanks for having me.

Scatterthought

Post by Scatterthought » 11 Aug 2020, 03:03

Hi all!

I came across AutoHotKey after buying a Logitech Trackman Marble and looking for a way to add scrollwheel functionality to it. Thanks to these posts by @evilC and @boiler, I've managed to set it up so that pressing the XButton2 on the trackball will engage hold-and-scroll, and clicking XButton2 quickly will send a Browser_Forward command.

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=196395#p196395
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=343149#p343149

Thanks to everyone who works on AHK and helps out users! I'm active in another community that's about home automation (openHAB), so I really appreciate when people take the time to help others out.

romte

Post by romte » 24 Aug 2020, 12:05

Hi! i just created this account to rant.. and hopefully, i'm in the right thread xD.

My friend asked in ahk discord server about how to use toggle to start or stop using only 1 key. the other guy answering the questions might have gotten bored and irritated since my friend can't understand it even after giving an example. (my friend is not the smartest). the guy answering the questions asked what it's for, and asked if it's for a game. and my friend answered yes unknowingly that it is against the rules. after a while the server mod (?) banned him.

my friend, after ranting, told me he already solved his toggle issue by using 2 keys for the start and stop function instead of 1. but i went in the server anyway to ask in his stead and maybe learn a script or two. i mean, i searched online and didn't learn anything so they might provide me more of my level kind of explanation. (im dumb too sorry :bravo: ) they; the one who banned him and the one who initially answered his question was interrogating me (lol) rather than answering the question. i explained the circumstances and then i got banned as well without breaking a single rule. I understand their decision to ban my friend and I respect that, I respect the rules there. so here I am to let it out. there's not even one explanation to why I got banned haha. I could have been some unlucky dude that asked the same question as the guy that got previously banned. :facepalm:

oh well, life goes on. good day to you all :D

ps. i did not mention their names/discord names on purpose as they still have that right. and also, there are certain rules about it x)

joedf

Post by joedf » 24 Aug 2020, 15:02

No worries, I am very sorry for these unfortunate events! I don't really handle any of discord stuff, if you have any questions or issues, please contact @RUNIE.
The rules may differ from the ones we have here, I am not sure.
You may also post on the forums too :+1:

boiler

Post by boiler » 24 Aug 2020, 15:14

Hi, @romte. Also notice that the "Ask for Help" section of this forum has a "Gaming" sub-section, and there are plenty of people here that are happy to help when they can. Hopefully you'll find it to be a welcoming environment here. As for your experience, one would hope there would be a warning and explanation before a ban, but of course they are free to set their own rules (as you noted) and cultivate the kind of culture they want.

nnnik

Post by nnnik » 02 Sep 2020, 01:17

Its against Discord TOS to help anybody with gaming related scripts. We as a community have to make sure that we do not help these people.
So people that a) break the rules b) seemingly bypass bans by making new accounts might get banned a little more quickly than you are used to.
Recommends AHK Studio

maestrith

Post by maestrith » 02 Sep 2020, 02:17

nnnik wrote:
02 Sep 2020, 01:17
Its against Discord TOS to help anybody with gaming related scripts. We as a community have to make sure that we do not help these people.
So people that a) break the rules b) seemingly bypass bans by making new accounts might get banned a little more quickly than you are used to.
Really? so even helping someone with a clicker or whatever is against TOS? that's good to know :) I hate helping with them anyway.
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC Running AutoHotkey x32

TheLandYacht

Post by TheLandYacht » 06 Sep 2020, 21:19

Hello all, thank you for having me.

First time user, of course. I'll be using it mostly as a keyboard/mouse macro generator.

Quick question: First couple of posts (also a reply) I got "...will need to be approved by a moderator". Is that cuz I'm new? Or an all-the-time thing?

Return to “About This Community”