Google is blocking autohotkey.com

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
SOTE

Re: Google is blocking autohotkey.com

Post by SOTE » 11 Apr 2020, 15:17

joedf wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 22:13
Understood. I'll see what response we get from google.
You might also want to bring up the issue of competing software makers and advocates trying to purposely get your website flagged/banned. The Google warning states- ...has been reported as containing harmful software. This can mean that autohotkey.com is being targeted.

It's very, very suspicious that similar automation software and websites such as AutoIt, WinBatch, Kantu, PyAuto, etc... Don't constantly get big red warnings from Google. Especially any closed-source software vs open-source software where anyone can inspect the source. There is something very foul about what is going on, and hopefully you guys can get to the bottom of it. Google is easily manipulated in this way. From their old Google+, to YouTube (rivals flagging and causing bans are constant), and including their other products. They allow rivals and competitors to weaponize their algorithms and features to blacklist and shadow ban/ban their competition.

joedf

Post by joedf » 11 Apr 2020, 17:28

Duely noted, thanks. :?
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

lexikos

Post by lexikos » 12 Apr 2020, 17:26

@ahk7
The issue was not that I thought it couldn't be done, but that I'd have to write, test and probably debug the code for it. That would take longer than just manually updating the release on the odd occasions that such is necessary, and even that much is only worth bothering with if there's a significant issue with the release. Using GitHub for releases was only a backup anyway.

Return to “About This Community”