AHK Compiler By DLG

Discuss other useful utilities, general computing tips & tricks, Internet resources, etc.
Samantha

AHK Compiler By DLG

Post by Samantha » 09 Apr 2020, 11:23

New AHK Compiler v1.0c

- Based on Ahk2Exe v1.1.32.00 x86/x64
- Selectable Options to Scripting Conversion : Ansi 32 bit, Unicode32/64, AutoHotkeySC.
- Selectable Default or Custom Icon.
- Edit of Executables Properties on 10 Text String.
- Making Exec Launch in Modality: Invoker, High Availability, Administrator, without using any code inside the user scripts.
- Executable Packaging in (MPress Or UPX).

-Upd Vers.1.0c - Added User Graphics Design Mod. ;)

Check out alternative designs ...
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ahk-compiler-v1-0b/

Note 1 : Compiling Does Not Guarantee Source Code Protection.
Note 2 : The Compiler has Been Tested Only on Win10 64bit v1903.

[Mod edit: added 'miracle box'] :thumbup:
Last edited by Samantha on 27 May 2020, 04:09, edited 8 times in total.

Delta Pythagorean

Re: AHK Compiler By DLG

Post by Delta Pythagorean » 09 Apr 2020, 14:22

Bloody hell, calm down with the design.
I appreciate the extra details in making it look more futuristic, but from a designer's point of view, it's quite excessive from the task it's trying to accomplish.

[AHK]......: v2.0.6 | 64-bit
[OS].......: Windows 11 | 22H2 (OS Build: 22621.1555)
[GITHUB]...: github.com/DelPyth
[PAYPAL]...: paypal.me/DelPyth
[DISCORD]..: tophatcat

You should consider migrating to v2. Practice with small features first such as learning how to do Guis!
Remember to use [code] ... [/code] for your multi-line scripts for the forums.

boiler

Post by boiler » 09 Apr 2020, 15:22

+1

I mean this in the most constructive way possible: No matter how useful this might be, I would never find out because I would never use anything, especially a developer’s tool, that looks like this.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 09 Apr 2020, 15:48

I completely agree with the previous comments. The design simply looks unprofessional and discourages people from using it.

Please take these comments as constructive ones.

Best regards, Marius.
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 10 Apr 2020, 00:27

Well! if the software is too captivating and futuristic, nobody forces you to use it, this umpteenth work of mine has been only a pastime in these 15 days of COVID-19 closed at home. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: .... maybe I have a little exaggerated with the use in WPF and the design, but I liked it unlike the classic black/white & beige interfaces that you know. ;)
« Mediocrities Imitate, Genius Copy, God Creates & Destroys » (I Reconsider & Improve Their Works, Rending Them One And Only)

boiler

Post by boiler » 10 Apr 2020, 02:26

There’s no problem with that if you’re writing software for your own use and/or you’re not interested in making your software appealing to others. The feedback was just pointing out that when designing something for use by others, it’s important to consider the tastes that are more broadly held. The hope was that you might find that feedback useful and would be appreciated. Sorry if that is not the case.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 10 Apr 2020, 15:19

boiler wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 02:26
it’s important to consider the tastes that are more broadly held.
Wow ... if you teach me how to understand the tastes of thousands of unknown people scattered on the web about their personal preferences of different types of app design ... you are a genius. :wtf:
I design company software up more 10 years, it is the only thing that I have not been able to understand, it is looking a customer in the face to guess what he wants, without having to change the design of the software more than 100 times to satisfy him in the end.
Thank you for the feedback anyway. ;)
« Mediocrities Imitate, Genius Copy, God Creates & Destroys » (I Reconsider & Improve Their Works, Rending Them One And Only)

boiler

Post by boiler » 10 Apr 2020, 15:29

Here's how I can teach you to understand that: Listen to the people that are giving you feedback (like here), which are a sample of those thousands of unknown people scattered on the web. If you don't see that as useful information that helps you understand the tastes of the people out there, then I guess you're not really wanting to hear the feedback.

Thanks, by the way. It's not the first time I've been called a genius.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 10 Apr 2020, 16:00

boiler wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 15:29
Here's how I can teach you to understand that: Listen to the people that are giving you feedback (like here), which are a sample of those thousands of unknown people scattered on the web. If you don't see that as useful information that helps you understand the tastes of the people out there, then I guess you're not really wanting to hear the feedback.
In fact I never said that your feedback cannot be useful to me, on the contrary I have already thanked you. :thumbup:
boiler wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 15:29
Thanks, by the way. It's not the first time I've been called a genius.
In fact, it's not the first time I've met people who like to be called geniuses. ;)

boiler

Post by boiler » 10 Apr 2020, 16:14

Okay. Sorry, I misunderstood your comments. All good. :thumbup:

I was being facetious about the genius comment since I thought you were implying the opposite.

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 10 Apr 2020, 17:40

Should I chime in as well, again? :-)

The problem is not that it's a custom ui design. That can easily be a plus. It's just that it is too flashy, colorful and the gradients... too harsh. It looks like a rainbow ^_^. The current design... For a children's app, it'd be perfect, or a game. Weirdly... It reminds me of early days Warez key generators. But those often included 8-bit songs as well. I suppose your app doesn't... ^_^

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 11 Apr 2020, 03:44

@robedesign ... Ahhh here is what I forgot to insert 8-bit songs that accompany you during the conversion of the files ... AhaHah.

Given your negative feedback only from the photos ... "Ohhh My Gooood" I decided not to give the app to the public domain, but it will be used only by a restricted niche of coders in ahk. Maybe one day you will find it by digging on the web, but certainly not today.

The idea of ​​this GUI was born from the fact that I did not find anything on the web so updated that it comes close to something that in 10 seconds you have conversion of any script into x86/64bit executable with the same guarantee and reliability as Ahk2Exe, modify the proprietary resources of the converted executables "Description - Name - Version - Internal Name - Product Name - Product Version - Original Name - Copyright - Trademarks & Company", change of the privileges of the executables in one click, the use of Mpresss and Upx compressors with user preference and manual option entry, with Hide-Packing function: "Lock/Hacked/Protected" *who knows if anyone knows what it means. :roll:

But thanks to your feedback, if anyone here would have been really interested in the functionality and implementations of the application, and not by the design and the rainbow colors "that are so useful in this period of global pandemic" is forced to no longer be able to use its true potential of the app. :|

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 11 Apr 2020, 05:37

I think no one attempted to ditch the functionality of the application and its potential usefulness and quality.

I assume everyone tried to offer some constructive feedback, to help make the application more approachable by people who find concerning flashy apps or rainbows ^_^.. Nonetheless, I would have tried it.

I do hope the work you invest in it, is going to be fruitful and rewarding, this is what matters most.

Best regards, Marius.
My home page.

just me

Post by just me » 11 Apr 2020, 06:13

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 11 Apr 2020, 06:49

Here are the interventions that make me die of laughter, what it means that you will be the next to use an obsolete 4-year-old application. :facepalm: Bravo!!! :bravo:

gregster

Post by gregster » 11 Apr 2020, 07:12

I would recommend to neither judge a book by its cover, nor to generally denigrate software that's x years old.

Obviously, we all know that communication has its pitfalls - even for people who know each other well, which is not the case here.
Still, I don't like how this went down.

Especially, I don't understand how people can even argue about taste, visual taste especially. Fortunately, there are different tastes in this world - and if every artist or graphical designer in history would have listened to the majority, the history of graphical design and expressions would have been much poorer, there would probably no history to speak of...
As a market researcher by original trade, I would also be careful to extrapolate from three (voluntary or unsolicited) opinions to everyone. If this design just appeals to a minority, so be it. If that's the target group, splendid. But I would rather judge an application by its usefulness (I personally don't care for GUIs at all) than by its graphical design - or age.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 11 Apr 2020, 08:02

@gregster In fact, I would have expected positive but above all negative feedback, but never many controversies about the design or the colors used. Believe me never had these controversies in any other of the many forums that I have attended for years in all my experience.
Last edited by Samantha on 13 Apr 2020, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

gregster

Post by gregster » 11 Apr 2020, 08:22

I really don't believe that the comments were meant in a negative or hostile way - these users are indeed very constructive and supporting members of the AHK community.

But like I said, communication (in this case, written - between strangers) has its pitfalls. Additionally, since the actual functionality couldn't be tested, the comments probably focused a bit much on the graphical design.

From personal experience, I try (although not always successfully) to follow this rule of thumb: "If you want to say something that contains the phrase 'I mean no offense', 'this is only meant in a constructive way' or 'but we still can be friends' (and you really mean it), think again!" ;)
It rarely goes well and most of the time, it doesn't come across like planned. There are usually better alternatives...

boiler

Post by boiler » 11 Apr 2020, 08:36

There certainly is room for different viewpoints, but I stand by providing honest and constructive feedback on visual design when a post contains little more than a presentation of its visual interface and a quite striking one at that. I have not taken graphics arts courses, but I would be very surprised if they don’t give guidance along the lines of considering your target audience when designing an interface. The interface presented is one that is probably a good fit for a gamer audience but not so much when the target is developers. That was my feedback, and I expect the author knew his design was extreme in comparison to others in this software genre. If he didn’t expect a reaction to it, I would be surprised.

Edit: I ask you to consider if some with an unassailable reputation as lexikos were to present an interface similar to this for the AHK installer, would you not expect the community to provide similar feedback?
Last edited by boiler on 11 Apr 2020, 08:44, edited 2 times in total.

gregster

Post by gregster » 11 Apr 2020, 08:40

I would agree if we would be talking about a commercial product. Not so much for a labour of love that gets offered for free and doesn't have the intention to necessarily please others.

After all, we are talking about open source scripts... plenty of room for individual modifications.

Return to “Other Utilities & Resources”