AHK Compiler By DLG

Discuss other useful utilities, general computing tips & tricks, Internet resources, etc.
boiler

Re: AHK Compiler By DLG

Post by boiler » 11 Apr 2020, 08:42

See my edit above as a response. And consider that constructive feedback is meant to and can improve labor of love projects as well.

gregster

Post by gregster » 11 Apr 2020, 08:48

boiler wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 08:36
I ask you to consider if some with an unassailable reputation as lexikos were to present an interface similar to this for the AHK installer, would you not expect the community to provide similar feedback?
Like I said, this here was between strangers and the criticism was directed to a rather new user (at least based on forum activity).

I see no real connection to AHK's main developer for 10 years with thousands of edits who - like we all know - is known for rather outspoken comments himself.

Edit: Constructive feedback can of course improve anything, I was merely saying that it matters that it really comes across as such.
Edit 2: I really don't care about individual tastes and interfaces, but I care how communication unnecessarily goes sideways in a case like this.
Not to cast blame, but to handle similar situations in a more satisfying way for everyone.

burque505

Post by burque505 » 11 Apr 2020, 14:46

@Samantha, I for one don't mind the interface. Functionality is paramount. It's not like someone can't alter the interface if it offends them, so I don't understand the fuss and bother.

(It seems to me some gamers in the forum might like the interface quite a bit, although I have no evidence (apocryphal or otherwise) to back that up.)

At any rate, keep up the good work, and illegitimi non carborundum. Looking forward to seeing your code.

Regards,
burque505

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 11 Apr 2020, 15:27

@burque505 Honestly, it worries me a little, it is when it will be posted and it will be tested by the same committee against the colors of the rainbows, and they will find some bugs and imperfections in the functioning of the app, they will devour me alive ... :lol: :o :salute: . and thank goodness that it is all for free and with no profit. :facepalm:
Tomorrow will be a day of peace then a "Peace & Love For All" :beer: :rainbow:
« Mediocrities Imitate, Genius Copy, God Creates & Destroys » (I Reconsider & Improve Their Works, Rending Them One And Only)

just me

Post by just me » 11 Apr 2020, 16:22

Samantha wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 06:49
Here are the interventions that make me die of laughter, what it means that you will be the next to use an obsolete 4-year-old application. :facepalm: Bravo!!! :bravo:
Samantha wrote:The idea of ​​this GUI was born from the fact that I did not find anything on the web so updated that it comes close to something that in 10 seconds you have conversion of any script into x86/64bit executable with the same guarantee and reliability as Ahk2Exe, modify the proprietary resources of the converted executables "Description - Name - Version - Internal Name - Product Name - Product Version - Original Name - Copyright - Trademarks & Company", change of the privileges of the executables in one click, the use of Mpresss and Upx compressors with user preference and manual option entry, with Hide-Packing function: "Lock/Hacked/Protected" *who knows if anyone knows what it means.
So just show us your script to show what you did better except an alternate design. ;)

Or remain silent!

gregster

Post by gregster » 11 Apr 2020, 16:25

just me wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 16:22
Or remain silent!
Uuuh... Is this the new communication style on this forum? How about - from now on - we leave the personal animus out of this discussion?
Actually, I thought this was implied by now.

In order to de-escalate instead of doubling down again.
(This is directed to everyone participating in this thread.)

elModo7

Post by elModo7 » 11 Apr 2020, 18:58

After all this misunderstandings (written text communication has its flaws as mentioned above).
Thank you for the tool, I am also not very fond of that design, for my tools I like more retroish stuff, but it definitely has its userbase.

Also IMHO function >>>>>>> Look.
So can't wait to check it out and play with it myself!

lmstearn

Post by lmstearn » 11 Apr 2020, 19:46

@Samantha: thanks-for this- you can see it's obviously not for everyone- but hey it's only a Beta release, and the idea of extra optional classic/compact/pro/office display modes/skins may appeal to more potential subscribers. And popping the fun interface of the script into the gaming section might be a thing, too.
Packering will surely become one of my fav words! :D
That you have first & foremost designed this for fun mode is important. In the spirit of what leans us to scripting, and sharing scripts with others, it might be reasonable to then ask, if AHK isn't fun, what is?
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH

kyuuuri

Post by kyuuuri » 12 Apr 2020, 04:55

Hello, remember this is a forum and emotions cannot be transmitted on text, maybe all of them tried to give a feedback about what they think can be improved. Is your choice to listen or ignore them but you should NEVER answer from a defensive point of view (sorry if this is not the exact phrase, english is not my main language). This is not a "dev vs haters", everyone will give their opinion and you as the dev need to "filter" what's useful and what's not. Never answer someone's opinion by trying to change it, only answer if you feel like talking to them will give you a better output, advice, idea, etc.

My opinion is: I always felt like ahk2exe needed more options, I love yours. The only thing I would change is the GUI. The palette chosen is not "wide" enough to easily identify what I'm looking at (i.e: call to actions) and I feel like it is too exagerated, un cases like this one the GUI should be simple and conservative.

Again it's my opinion and that is the thing I would change if I had to use it or share it for other ppl to use it.

I've done a lot of GUIs and found myself in the same situation a lot of times. In my case I spent a lot of time and effort and refused change it despite the users telling me that it was hard to use because of how exagerated it was. In my mind I could use this programa with my eyes closed but for some reason my users found it very confusing. I became a better dev the moment I listened to them and opened my mind. Not every user has the same taste, you can't sastify all of them BUT I can tell you that only a little minority likes things like that.

Thank you for sharing it.

just me

Post by just me » 12 Apr 2020, 06:11

@Samantha:
AFAICS, we have only some images to talk about as yet. So this whole thread is still off-topic. When will you post your script?

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 12 Apr 2020, 07:47

just me wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 16:22
Samantha wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 06:49
Here are the interventions that make me die of laughter, what it means that you will be the next to use an obsolete 4-year-old application. :facepalm: Bravo!!! :bravo:
Samantha wrote:The idea of ​​this GUI was born from the fact that I did not find anything on the web so updated that it comes close to something that in 10 seconds you have conversion of any script into x86/64bit executable with the same guarantee and reliability as Ahk2Exe, modify the proprietary resources of the converted executables "Description - Name - Version - Internal Name - Product Name - Product Version - Original Name - Copyright - Trademarks & Company", change of the privileges of the executables in one click, the use of Mpresss and Upx compressors with user preference and manual option entry, with Hide-Packing function: "Lock/Hacked/Protected" *who knows if anyone knows what it means.
So just show us your script to show what you did better except an alternate design. ;)

Or remain silent!
just me wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 06:11
@Samantha:
AFAICS, we have only some images to talk about as yet. So this whole thread is still off-topic. When will you post your script?
If you still hadn't intervened I would have already published it. :o

Unlike all the other users who intervened with their feedback and personal opinions on the application, your off topic interventions continue to annoy me to no avail. :facepalm:
At your next speech you will be reported to a moderator as the first winner of the Trolls cup. :bravo:
« Mediocrities Imitate, Genius Copy, God Creates & Destroys » (I Reconsider & Improve Their Works, Rending Them One And Only)

just me

Post by just me » 12 Apr 2020, 09:55

Samantha wrote:If you still hadn't intervened I would have already published it. :o
Sorry, I thought it's clear that I do not intend to prevent you from posting your code. ;)

guest3456

Post by guest3456 » 12 Apr 2020, 12:16

i would be hesistant to run anything designed like that, but my opinion doesn't matter either.
indeed this whole thread is off topic. you've provided no code, just pictures. so that's all there is to talk about.
provide code, and then we'll talk about code.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 12 Apr 2020, 14:24

guest3456 wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 12:16
i would be hesistant to run anything designed like that, but my opinion doesn't matter either.
In fact, no one here forces you to use or perform anything, your opinion as some other interventions in the Thread continue to be useless.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 12 Apr 2020, 14:30

In a few minutes I will post the GUI on the first page, it is a beta version and therefore subjected to revisions in the event that the user experiences technical or functional problems. I ask the courtesy to avoid contexts on the design and colors of rainbows, I like it this way, those who do not like futuristic design or if they like it or can continue to use other apps or other methods that are not interest in this thread. thanks to you for the time spent on these boring days at home. enjoy.

gregster

Post by gregster » 12 Apr 2020, 15:05

As a reminder, this forum section is for "Scripts and Functions", this means for code sharing: Guidelines: sharing code, no pranks, etc.
nnnik wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 01:41
In order to share your script in the "Scripts and Functions" forums, it is necessary to share the source code of your script in some form.
It is not enough to share compiled .exe files - though it is possible to extract the source from them.
Obfuscating your Source Code using any sort of method is only permitted for code parts that have a good reason to be protected.
Possible methods include, but are not limited to:
  • directly posting into the topic using the script BB-Code tags
  • sharing your source on GitHub
  • offering a download
If you don't want to do that, we could move this topic to Other Utilities & Resources.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 12 Apr 2020, 15:26

@gregster Well I don't understand... if it is necessary by regulation mhaaa ok, however move the whole thread wherever you want, for those interested it moves to the belonging thread, I don't have to share any source logically... I think I have shared enough.

gregster

Post by gregster » 12 Apr 2020, 15:36

Well, it's the main point of this forum (but especially this subforum), sharing open source AHK stuff, besides supporting AHK users and maintaining and developing the AutoHotkey language. I assumed that was clear by now, as "open source" and "posting code" was mentioned multiple times in this topic.

So, I moved this topic - but closed source will probably find less interest than open source...

robodesign

Post by robodesign » 12 Apr 2020, 16:12

So much talking and debating... Over nothing.

I said I'd give this a go, but given you provide only an EXE file, a binary. I'll not try it, as your behavior is not comforting and reassuring and to top it off, the interface of the compiler screams.... As someone else said here, I'd be concerned about running an application like this one with such an "interesting" interface. I would have tried it, if you would have provided the source code. In this context, I'll not.

Best regards, Marius.
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.

SOTE

Post by SOTE » 12 Apr 2020, 18:37

@Samantha
I don't mind the interface either. Looks like you were having fun. A new compiler, with new features, can be appreciated by many.
However, creating an .exe only version with no source code and then to have it download from Mediafire, will likely be taken by many people in the wrong way. Especially considering the nature of your tool. If this is to be an AutoHotkey compiler, that people are compiling scripts with at their school, business, or something they send to other people then they will definitely want to see what the source code is doing and all the code that is being "bound" to their scripts.

Return to “Other Utilities & Resources”