AHK Compiler By DLG

Discuss other useful utilities, general computing tips & tricks, Internet resources, etc.
kyuuuri

Re: AHK Compiler By DLG

Post by kyuuuri » 12 Apr 2020, 21:45

Am I the only one that finds this thread very suspicious? I mean the user only shared an exe that asks for elevated rights, without providing source code.
Can the link be removed until the user shares the source code? To be honest, we can't assure that users are safe downloading this file.

guest3456

Post by guest3456 » 12 Apr 2020, 23:52

kyuuuri wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 21:45
Am I the only one that finds this thread very suspicious?
no, you are definitely not the only one

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 13 Apr 2020, 01:43

Ahh too many problems you do, the file can be executed with maximum security does not contain any virus of any kind, I thought I was dealing with colleagues and coders but I was wrong. In addition, the biggest mistake was that of having thought of giving a useful and unique application to the community, especially for free.
The link will be removed from this furum because it has not been appreciated or deserved by the community.
« Mediocrities Imitate, Genius Copy, God Creates & Destroys » (I Reconsider & Improve Their Works, Rending Them One And Only)

Xtra

Post by Xtra » 13 Apr 2020, 02:44

If your tool is great you should post the code not the exe. Its just silly to think otherwise. (I believe there is even a rule for that)
But do what you want you were going to anyways.

uhwok3n

Post by uhwok3n » 15 May 2020, 23:13

I can't believe everyone just talked about the way it looked :rainbow: and not the functionality of it. This program looks awesome! I honestly don't give a damn how it looks personally.

*Edit: Samantha, if you see this can you please contact me somehow so I can use this? I would really really appreciate it. This would save me from some headaches, thank you!

TAC109

Post by TAC109 » 16 May 2020, 00:12

There is a Compiler included with the standard AutoHotkey download. There is also a new version of the compiler available here, which includes Compiler Directives. Both are free, open source, and available now.
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe

BoBo

Post by BoBo » 16 May 2020, 07:18

User interface designs are a matter of taste as preferences vary from person to person. Commonalities
in these preferences, however, can be found deeply-rooted in culture (Dormann & Chisalita, 2002). In
support of this, research has shown that people considered to belong to the same cultural group also
perceive and process information in similar ways (Nisbett, 2003). This phenomenon can be observed,
for instance, when comparing locally developed web sites in Asia with ones developed by European
designers: While Asian web sites tend to offer colorful and often animated user interfaces, Europeans
seem to prefer a more factual and structured information presentation.
Thus, the design of user
interfaces in different countries indicates that culture bundles a variety of these partialities, such as
concerning the amount of colors, navigational support, or the information density, and that many
preferences are collectively shared by certain cultural groups.
Source. https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~reinecke/Publications_files/ModelingAUsersCulture.pdf

burque505

Post by burque505 » 16 May 2020, 12:29

Nice find, @BoBo! :+1:

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 19 May 2020, 14:46

For who is interested in the "AHK Compiler" you can contact me in private, other users of this site are appreciating it very much.
I didn't think colors could affect some choices so much. :facepalm: :facepalm: :yawn: :yawn:
« Mediocrities Imitate, Genius Copy, God Creates & Destroys » (I Reconsider & Improve Their Works, Rending Them One And Only)

BNOLI

Post by BNOLI » 20 May 2020, 01:53

Samantha wrote:
19 May 2020, 14:46
I didn't think colors could affect some choices so much. :facepalm: :facepalm: :yawn: :yawn:
You're obviously very young, no idea why the psychological effect of colors seems that alien to you? C'mon, have a bite :arrow: Click :thumbup:
Remember to use [code]CODE[/code]-tags for your multi-line scripts. Stay safe, stay inside, and remember washing your hands for 20 sec !

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 20 May 2020, 03:14

BNOLI wrote:
20 May 2020, 01:53
Samantha wrote:
19 May 2020, 14:46
You're obviously very young, no idea why the psychological effect of colors seems that alien to you? C'mon, have a bite :arrow: Click :thumbup:
It's not about being young or old my capacity and experiences as a coder go beyond your expectations, and only that I don't like dead or muted colors, I could also have changed the whole design making it your pleasure, but under a context request cleaner and not as happened in this thread. I do not see any relevance of the image you posted and my work, the combination of my colors have their criterion and not as the image you posted with the color of the genetically modified banana. :facepalm: ;)

BoBo

Post by BoBo » 20 May 2020, 04:06

my capacity and experiences as a coder go beyond your expectations, and only that I don't like dead or muted colors
Fair enough. OTOH, if your capacity and experience as a coder go beyond everyone's expectations, there's no reason why you couldn't have set up the GUI modular, so a user can swap it to its liking? Well, you've decided not to share the code (for unknown reason), so no one will be able to do this on his/her own.

You're not liking dead or muted colors? That's fine bc it's a matter of taste, nothing to discuss here - but there's one saying that simply describes what the whole constructive criticism here is/was about: "The fish must like the worm, not the fisherman.
So, you are a fisherman offering a worm without being really interested in a fish's preferences but prioritizing your own taste? Let's hope not (if you're interested to become successful in marketing whatever software you're developing).

Finally, I'd suggest that you'll offer your tool's source code, so people can praise your ingenuity, can change the GUI on their own (if someone really thinks that it's absolutely necessary), and buy you a beer to salute you for sharing your intellectual property. Thx for listening and good luck with further tools to come. 8-)

Rgds,
BoBo

PS. If you've read the study I've linked above you might be interested to promote your tool within the Asian section of this forum. It would be interesting to see the response there + you're having a good chance to become the talk of the town eg. in Bejing :)

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 20 May 2020, 04:45

@bobo It continues to be a useless discussion, centered on the color and not on the functionality of the tool, I have no intention or interest in giving the source code to the public, but what I can do, when I feel like it, and modify the tool giving the user the choice of colors for each individual object of the app. I am not going to move to the Asian section I have already been to Beijing, and in this situation of global pandemic I try to avoid. :D :) ;)

BNOLI

Post by BNOLI » 20 May 2020, 04:50

You could simply 'outsource' all color settings of the GUI to an ini-file. That's easy-peasy. :shh:
Remember to use [code]CODE[/code]-tags for your multi-line scripts. Stay safe, stay inside, and remember washing your hands for 20 sec !

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 20 May 2020, 04:53

BNOLI wrote:
20 May 2020, 04:50
You could simply 'outsource' all color settings of the GUI to an ini-file. That's easy-peasy. :shh:
Ah..Ah..Ah.. :lol: ....Bravo!!!

BNOLI

Post by BNOLI » 20 May 2020, 05:19

Once "compiler.exe" gets started it will check if an ini-file exists and will take its settings, if no ini-file exist the exes default settings are used.
To create a valid ini-file simply start compiler.exe with its magic /ini parameter!
If done, compiler.exe will create a template ini-file. That'll contain all configurable GUI (HTML color code) settings, set to the default.
Now the user is able to reconfigure the GUI-color (and/or other design features) to its liking using a valid ini-file.
Mission accomplished :)

boiler

Post by boiler » 20 May 2020, 07:20

BoBo wrote: So, you are a fisherman offering a worm without being really interested in a fish's preferences but prioritizing your own taste?
I love this take on the fish/worm/fisherman analogy for highlighting the importance of considering the tastes of the anticipated users when designing user interfaces. :bravo:

I’m not saying that the author here should follow it, for his goals may be and seem to be to write software in a manner he likes best, which is fine. But it’s a great quote for those developing software intended for a general (or even specific) audience.

guest3456

Post by guest3456 » 22 May 2020, 12:32

the fact that he continues to refuse to share the code, says all that anybody needs to know.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » 26 May 2020, 12:50

BoBo wrote:
20 May 2020, 04:06
You're not liking dead or muted colors? That's fine bc it's a matter of taste, nothing to discuss here - but there's one saying that simply describes what the whole constructive criticism here is/was about: "The fish must like the worm, not the fisherman.
So, you are a fisherman offering a worm without being really interested in a fish's preferences but prioritizing your own taste?
The fisherman has colored worms for the fish ... ;) https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=74450#top

BoBo

Post by BoBo » 26 May 2020, 14:06

Samantha wrote:
26 May 2020, 12:50
The fisherman has colored worms for the fish ... ;) https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=74450#top
Thx for making this happen. Please consider sharing the code of future projects - as sharing is what this community ...
:arrow: :thumbup: :geek: :beard: 8-) :mrgreen: ... is about! ;)

Happy scripting
BoBo

8-)

BTW, I've put your colored worms into a box, don't tell Pandora about it! ;)

Return to “Other Utilities & Resources”